Gryph Discussion.

I cannot believe that this Chrome Wheel has apparently not been tested yet ... This means that I have to work under unexpected circumstances where I only have one Gryph, and only one Metal Stone Face too ...

All the standard procedures were used. My Beylauncher LR's handle even broke in half during the tests ...

Gryph is a surprisingly small Chrome Wheel; in other words, its diametre is quite underwhelming. Since I do not own two Gryph, I was trying to find a Chrome Wheel that would either embrace its protrusions, or at least "let them shine through". The only thing I found that was close to the latter is Ifraid. (In "Ifraid Gryph", Gryph is on top.)

And no, I currently do not own Duo and Flash.

Ifraid Gryph 85RF VS. MSF Revizer Revizer BD145CS
Ifraid Gryph 85RF - 7/20 (1 KO, 6 OS)
MSF Revizer Revizer BD145CS - 13/20 (All Outspins.)

"Benchmark" results (Click to View)

I am not really the best Attack user, but I could clearly observe that Ifraid Gryph had less Recoil than VariAres, and its power was in its destabilising abilities, which explains why Ifraid Gryph, even on RF, won almost all the time by Outspin. I chose 85 to try to really demonstrate Gryph's performance as much as possible, since it is so small and that I believe Ifraid could have even covered some of its contact points if it had been at 145 or higher. Despite my below-average performance with Attack types, I found that my launches were quite fine this time, and both VariAres and Gryph Ifraid hit Revizer Revizer with everything they had. Adding a Metal Stone Face to it could potentially help though.

It is currently quite late, but tomorrow I can try it against MSF Revizer Revizer E230CS. If anybody else owns Archer Gryph, it would be completely appreciated if you wanted to contribute to this topic.
Interesting results so far. I was waiting to buy Gryph personally. Might have to buy one now. I would be interested in seeing how it does on higher tracks. Maybe Gryph ifraid CH120 RF/R2F. Maybe a MF(metal flat) So it could have a chance to OS Revizer Revizer E230 CS
I do not own MF because Hasbro never sent some "Spiral Capricorn" in my local stores ... And now Metal Fury is there.
(Jul. 11, 2012  5:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not own MF because Hasbro never sent some "Spiral Capricorn" in my local stores ... And now Metal Fury is there.

Maybe XF or WF? This could be an interesting destabilizer.
Erm, were these results from launching properly or were you using that awkward technique...?

Chocked_2

As for your BeyLauncher, RIP.

[STORY CONTINUATION]
Chapter 13
These results are certainly not the horribleness I was expecting from a Zero-G Chrome Wheel Grin
I can't wait to see what results you'll come up with!
I'll add some findings here, too. I can synchrom Gryph.
Zionson, could you make Griff Phoenic?

Kai-v mentioned it was small, so could it perhaps, expose some of phoenic's attack points while giving it the weight it desperately needed in the custom Thief Phoenic.
The synchromes that I find the Gryph Chrome Wheel should be tested on are:

Gryph Phoenic
Phoenic Gryph
Ifraid Gryph
Gryph Killerken
Killerken Gryph
Gryph Gryph
Seems to do better than Ifraid, which is good I suppose.

If you can, I'd like to see Gryph Phoenic / Phoenic Gryph 85RF against MSF Revizer Revizer E230 (Boost Mode)/BD145 CS whenever you have your Phoenic come in.
I have Phoenic too, but for the moment, here is what I tested :

Ifraid Gryph 85RF VS. MSF Revizer Revizer E230CS
Ifraid Gryph - 5/10 (1 KO, 4 OS)
MSF Revizer Revizer - 5/10 (All Outspins)

"Benchmark" results (Click to View)
VariAres often came close to beating Revizer Revizer, but the latter outspun it too much. Ifraid Gryph was, again, very good at destabilising Revizer Revizer.

All of my Beylauncher LR's handle broke now ...

Insomniac, yes, it was my odd launching position, but as I wrote, the launches were still quite strong.
Hah, I've had to do the majority of my testing without handles for the longest time now, I know the feeling. You get used to it. Smile

Gryph is on the bottom, correct? (On Gryph Ifraid)
If so, I don't see how this is really showing Gryphs true potential, it isn't doing much more than being an extra weight. Could you switch the Synchrom and see the difference in the results?
No, when I write Gryph Ifraid, Gryph is on top. This is so confusing ... I will change it to "Ifraid Gryph" everywhere.
My archer gryph comes next week i probably can do some testing in my new BB-10 stadium.
(Jul. 11, 2012  7:08 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, when I write Gryph Ifraid, Gryph is on top. This is so confusing ... I will change it to "Ifraid Gryph" everywhere.

What's the standard for this, anyway? Just for future reference. Do we say TOP WHEEL / BOTTOM WHEEL or BOTTOM WHEEL / TOP WHEEL?
(Jul. 12, 2012  1:13 AM)zionson Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2012  7:08 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, when I write Gryph Ifraid, Gryph is on top. This is so confusing ... I will change it to "Ifraid Gryph" everywhere.

What's the standard for this, anyway? Just for future reference. Do we say TOP WHEEL / BOTTOM WHEEL or BOTTOM WHEEL / TOP WHEEL?

Bottom then Top
I've always used Bottom/Top, as in MFB it was the same way, with the Metal Wheel being on bottom and the Clear Wheel on top, so I've just kind of applied the same thing with Zero-G.
In the little testing that ive done with gryph synchromed ive found it to have a lot of recoil causing far too many self ko's. I would like to see what others have found with gryph in attack customs. Also, the combo i was using was MSF Gryph Gryph H145 RF.
If gryph is that small
Is it able to open(do not cover) the contact points of fennec.

If it does it fennec will attack at its full potential
(Jul. 12, 2012  1:13 AM)zionson Wrote: What's the standard for this, anyway? Just for future reference. Do we say TOP WHEEL / BOTTOM WHEEL or BOTTOM WHEEL / TOP WHEEL?

I checked on the official WBBA Circle after Raigeko13 posted, and it really is officially Bottom - Top. As I told him, I understood why that was the case for the Hybrid Wheel System and 4D, but now, the Crystal Wheels and Chrome Wheels essentially have the same diametre and can potentially have varying influence, while Clear Wheels used to have almost none. I do not even know why they are not using a "[whatever] Up Mode" for Synchrom when they are using it for when the combination has a Crystal Wheel ...

(Jul. 12, 2012  2:01 AM)Clue Wrote: In the little testing that ive done with gryph synchromed ive found it to have a lot of recoil causing far too many self ko's. I would like to see what others have found with gryph in attack customs. Also, the combo i was using was MSF Gryph Gryph H145 RF.

It might have been because of H145, because I seriously had almost no self knock outs and I found that it had much less Recoil than VariAres, although the latter did have R145.

(Jul. 12, 2012  2:08 AM)BEYDEXTER Wrote: If gryph is that small
Is it able to open(do not cover) the contact points of fennec.

If it does it fennec will attack at its full potential

It is called "Phoenic", by the way.
Yea, you could be right. Ill try a few other tracks and if i get a chance i will post some results tomorrow.
Gryph isn't small enough to expose Phoenic's impact points, no. But it will likely contribute to some smash attack potential.
Got a little bit of testing done last night and thought i would post them while i have some time.

MSF GRYPH GRYPH S130 RF Vs. DUO AQUARIO 230 D

GRYPH: 11 Win (All KO)
55% Win Rate

DUO: 9 Win (All OS)
45% Win Rate

If Gryph couldn't get any early hits Duo would manage to stay in the stadium, but when Gryph does hit it early its just no contest.

MSF GRYPH GRYPH S130 RF Vs. MSF SARAMANDA SARAMANDA BD145 CS

GRYPH: 6 Win (5 KO 1 OS)
30% Win Rate

SARAMANDA: 14 Win (5 KO 9 OS)
70% Win Rate

Gryph struggled a lot here, all of Saramandas KOs were from Gryphs own recoil. I have no idea what happened when Gryph had an OS but to be fair Saramanda did get a ton of wall saves so these results could of went much better in Gryphs favor. Also, there was one draw which was redone.

Clue: Interesting results. Do you have E230? I would like to see How Gryph does against some E230 Defense combos.
Clue: See this thread http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Mark-You...=benchmark and Kai-V's posts above for how to include a benchmark test in your results. This will help us to get a better feel for your overall attack prowess. Do you have Flash, Blitz or VariAres? Those would be good attack wheels to use for your benchmark test.