Gryph Discussion.

Dark_Mousy: Yes, i have E230, any specific combo you want with it?

Arupaeo: I have Flash and Vari, i will make sure i benchmark next time for accuracy.
Well the benchmark would be good to have now, not until you do another group of tests.
(Jul. 12, 2012  8:01 PM)Clue Wrote: Dark_Mousy: Yes, i have E230, any specific combo you want with it?

Arupaeo: I have Flash and Vari, i will make sure i benchmark next time for accuracy.

If you have MSF H Revizer Revizer E230 CS. Something like that.
Sorry I haven't posted anything i've been very busy lately but i did manage to get in the E230 test that Dark_Mousy wanted. I'm using regular MSFs because i still have yet to receive my MSF-Hs in the mail. Anyways, here are my results.

Benchmark:
MF-H FLASH GIRAFFE S130 RF Vs. MSF REVIZER REVIZER E230 CS

FLASH: 3 Win (2 KO 1 OS)
15% Win Rate

REVIZER: 17 Win (1 KO 16 OS)
85% Win Rate

MSF GRYPH GRYPH S130 RF Vs. MSF REVIZER REVIZER E230 CS

GRYPH: 8 Win (6 KO 2 OS)
40% Win Rate

REVIZER: 12 Win (1 KO 11 OS)
60% Win Rate

Wow! This test really surprised me, Gryph completely outperformed Flash here. What I got from this is that the Revizer combo is a complete tank. HaHa.. On a serious note Gryph unlike Flash was able to push around Revizer due to its weight but even more surprising was that Gryph did most of its KOs at a low RPM. The outspins happened due to Revizers awful stamina.[/quote][/code][/php]
Hmm could you try MSF Gryph Gryph S130RF vs MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS?

For some reason Gryph out preforms Flash taking out Reviser, but not Duo 230D? I want to see how it fares against a defensive Duo.
The reason i believe it out performs flash against revizer is strictly due to its weight being able to push it around. But gryph has nowhere near the smash capabilities that flash has, it amazed me how gryph was able to KO revizer at low RPMs though.
Some Gryph tests for fun and to find which height works best for it. I started with the test Meow! wanted.

MSF-Gryph Gryph S130R2F vs. MF-Duo Sagittario II BD145CS
Gryph - 1 win (KO)
Duo - 19 wins (all OS)
Gryph win % = 5%

MSF-Gryph Gryph 90R2F vs. MF-Duo Sagittario II BD145CS
Gryph - 3 wins (all KO)
Duo - 17 wins (all OS)
Gryph win % = 15%

I will try and get some more tests done tomorrow. I have a lot of faith in this wheel. Again, I do not think these tests should reflect Gryph's potential, just that Duo is Gryph's worst enemy.

Edit: Flash comparison tests
I would really appreciate if everybody included their comparative/benchmark results when they post test results.

Does anyone else own Gryph ? It really seems like a great Attack Chrome Wheel.
(Oct. 25, 2012  8:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I would really appreciate if everybody included their comparative/benchmark results when they post test results.

Does anyone else own Gryph ? It really seems like a great Attack Chrome Wheel.
I own 2 Gryphs so I can do some tests but sadly I don't have BD145 but I'm getting Thief Phoenic in the mail soon so I will have E230 other then that the best Defence Track I have is SA165

Sorry Kai-V, I usually do post my benchmarks. I don't know why I didn't this time. I just got done with a Flash comparison test and an update on one of the Gryph tests. When I get to a computer tomorrow I will post them.
I remembered in my last tests that I had my slightly worn Gryph on top and my brand new Gryph on bottom. I decided to redo the S130 tests with the new Gryph on top, and the results were better. I am not sure if they were better because the new Gryph was on top, or because I used RF instead of R2F (both are in very good shape), or if it was because I was in the groove after doing my Flash comparison tests. I believe last night was the best I have ever performed with attack types.

All tests were in a BB-10
Beylauncher with launcher rubber
Standard procedure
(Flash comparison test was added to my previous post)

MSF-H-Gryph Gryph S130RF vs. MF-Duo Sagittario II BD145CS
Gryph - 6 wins (all KO)
Duo - 14 wins (all OS)
Gryph win % = 30%

A good clean KO with Gryph really seems like it is all about if that one contact point hits or not. Several of Gryphs KOs were because it was moving so fast that it could push Duo close to an exit with one hit and make it back around in time to push it out with another. I know a few factors were a little different in these tests than in my first one, but one other thing was different too.....I was launching very very hard and very very fast. Don't get me wrong, I launched hard and fast in the first set of tests, but in these I was just waiting for my launcher to break.

It has been mentioned before that Gryph does not have much recoil, and I can confirm that. I wanted to go higher and hopefully add a little recoil in the next tests. I have tried R145 and even GB145, but I wanted to see if TT was on to something when they made Archer Gryph so I went with C145. If anyone is wondering why I am using R2F instead of RF in the next tests, I was in a hurry and not paying attention so I left my prime R2F on C145 when I swapped it onto Gryph.

MSF-H-Gryph Gryph C145R2F vs. MF-Duo Sagittario II BD145CS
Again, launching with everything I had, worried my launcher would break at any second
Gryph - 9 wins (all KO)
Duo - 11 wins (10 OS, 1 KO)
Gryph win % = 45%

Duo's one KO was really cool to watch. Both beys were close to an exit, Gryph came around the outside and hit Duo with a small force smash, and the small jump that happened afterwards lifted Gryph right out of the stadium. I still can't figure out quite what is going on sometimes. I can get back to back KOs, and then all the sudden, round after round of Gryph just pushing Duo and never getting a clean hit. All in all, it does seem like 145 is a better height for Gryph Gryph, and there did seem to be a tad more recoil. I really hope others will test this so maybe they can see something I am missing
If Gryph acts a lot like VariAres, why not try it on A230... VariAres had some success with it so I would like to request:

MSF-H Gryph Gryph A230/SR200 R2F/RF

We should try XF with this. I think we should find some real competitive use for XF other than a not-as-good replacement of RF.
Ultimo, I don't have A230 but, I tried SR200RF/R2F and Gryph Gryph just kept jumping the opponent on contact. However, SR200MB it's proving to be promising except it still has some trouble with 230 opponents.

@ukdl123, XF with what track?
Hmm Interesting,Gryph Should be Attack type combination and act like Variares
Then why not use MF?Like

MSF Gryph Gryph S130 MF?Variares is good with MF
(Nov. 04, 2012  6:01 AM)Ezik #4 Wrote: Hmm Interesting,Gryph Should be Attack type combination and act like Variares
Then why not use MF?Like

MSF Gryph Gryph S130 MF?Variares is good with MF

No no no no no, VariAres is AWFUL with Metal Flat! MF has some of the worst recoil handling of any attack type tip, and VariAres has some of the most recoil of any wheel available. The only reason MF is used on Flash is because Flash has very little recoil compared to most attack wheels and thus doesn't need the rubber from a Rubber Flat variant, something VariAres sorely needs.

As far as your recommendation goes, it might work, but only because Gryph Gryph is so heavy. If it acted like VariAres in this regard it would be horrible.
How would Killerken do with this...? I mean Killerken is known for some of its "grinding-abilites", and Gryph does well as a destabilizer.

I want MSF-H/MSF Killerken Gryph TH170/A230 R2F/RF to be tested.
Your combo suggestion is kinda weird. You suggest an attack combo based on grinding & destabilizing ability? Not to mention, that combo sits on higher tracks. You can barely hit anything with A230. It is too tall for an attack combo.
Sorry about that. I was thinking about a force smash combo and accidentally typed that up. What I mean to write was MSF-H/MSF Killerken Gryph DF105 R2F/RF.

It has to be a great wheel, it has a strong smash attack.
I just realized how long it has been since some one has officially tested Gryph, but I wanted to put my tests here to back up my statement on the Beywiki article.

MSF-H Gryph Gryph GB145R2F vs Killerken Genbull BD145CS
Gryph: 14/20 (All KO)
Genbull: 6/20 (All OS)

Gryph Win Rate: 70%

1 Tie Redone

And here are my comparison test that I did with Girago Girago on the same day: Girago Girago Testing

Note: Genbull's defense dramatically increases on a full rubber tip. I used CS so that the difference between the 2 wheel would be more evident.
I think Gryph has some force smash
How about MSF Gryph Gryph TH170R2F?
I like th170 better than 230 and its variants
Gryph totally has force smash, yeah! That's what KainHighwind's E230 custom was based on, actually! It deserves testing, sure, though I'd recommend stuff like MB or BSF as a tip instead since you won't be able to force smash a win before R2F runs out of steam.
Hmm, Anyone considering using CS in this "Force smash" combo? even tho CS have Insane grip speed and enough smash to KO.
(Jun. 16, 2013  3:20 AM)Ingulit Wrote: Gryph totally has force smash, yeah! That's what KainHighwind's E230 custom was based on, actually! It deserves testing, sure, though I'd recommend stuff like MB or BSF as a tip instead since you won't be able to force smash a win before R2F runs out of steam.

Your talking about gryph gryph e230bsf,right? That's what got into thinking about using gryph for force smash.