Gryph Begaridos 105RF

Alright, I did some more tests. I think you guys wanted the combo tested against a left-spin attacker, so I tested it against one of the best out there. I also did some anti-attack tests. Smile

tests:
I just want to put this out, just to put it out and sorry to be a jerk here.
Every test should have 20 rounds almost always, The only times I have not seen it at 20 was before you had to have 20 as standard testing and 0/10 Wins or 10/0 Wins and usually the ones that they stop at 10 are just saving time because they are usually stamina test. I believe this combo can do all this its a nice combo I might get some testing done latter but to have a slightly more accurate representation of this combos abilities 20 rounds would be really nice. I am sorry if I sound like a jerk here I know this combo is nice and all I just want to put out there 20 Rounds is the format for standard testing

Now something actually contributing to the thread, Do you have a RSF? (Preferably Blitz Unicorno RSF). or RB, RB would be great to test against.

If I ever get the nerve to open my brand new BB-10 I could test but I wouldn't have a string launcher to test with, but I have all the parts neccesary to test this except some defense tips.
The tests I posted with only ten rounds were only the ones that ended up as 9:1 or 10:0, since they were completely one-sided, and Cannon actually did plenty of tests that stopped at ten. He even stopped one at ten when the score was only 7 to 3 in his pegasis chrome wheel discussion. If that qualifies as a blow-out, then I think mine would too.

The first ones I did, like vs Reviser Reviser BD145CS/RDF and Flash Orion D125R2F, were before I knew 20 rounds were standard. I did do 20 rounds for anti-attack, and SP230, since it wasn't a complete and utter blow-out by Begaridos. I only did 10 against Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F and the other left-spin combos because Begaridos was completely slaughtering them.

I do not have RSF or RB, but I already tested against RDF, which is slightly better and has much higher LAD, so the combo would probably be able to KO RSF and RB. Smile It seems like you guys think that only doing ten even when it is a total slaughter is unacceptable, so from now on, I will do only 20 round tests. Thanks for the feedback! Smile
Thanks for the tests. This combo seems to be really good, maybe even top-tier worthy.
There's generally a vague description of why I do ten for certain rounds. For the Pegasis vs Aggro CS, there were only ten rounds because having an aggressive CS doesn't show Pegasis' full potential.

Yes, I am hypocritical; but generally there's a reason for it (or not, hahah)
(Apr. 14, 2013  6:47 PM)Cannon Wrote: There's generally a vague description of why I do ten for certain rounds. For the Pegasis vs Aggro CS, there were only ten rounds because having an aggressive CS doesn't show Pegasis' full potential.

Yes, I am hypocritical; but generally there's a reason for it (or not, hahah)

Oh! Sorry, I didn't see that. Smile I'm just gonna do 20 rounds from now on so I don't mess up again. Tongue_out

(Apr. 14, 2013  6:43 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Thanks for the tests. This combo seems to be really good, maybe even top-tier worthy.

Wow! top-tier worthy. I am stunned at such a compliment.Grin
Are LTDCs still viable? Could you test against Reviser Reviser 100RDF or something like that? I'm interested to see if the height difference will make different contact points and recoil, etc.
(Apr. 14, 2013  6:59 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Are LTDCs still viable? Could you test against Reviser Reviser 100RDF or something like that? I'm interested to see if the height difference will make different contact points and recoil, etc.

Wouldn't that be a niche combo that can beat a good combo but can't win against anything else? Either way, I would like to see how it does against it, because if it wins, this combo could have some serious potential as an amazing combo.
So I busted out my BB-10 my new one, and decided to get some tests in. And about LAD for RDF from my expierience the LAD from RDF is not helpful in the same spin direction because of its shape it actually usually gets OS for me and because of its Slides can result in more KOs but then again it could just be my RDF which is why I wanted a tip that didn't slide like RB to be used and RSF would be better than CS.

Here is a Benchmark for my Right Spin attack type abilities.
MF-H Flash Dragonis S130RF vs MF-H Duo Kerbecs BD145RSF
Flash Wins 15/20 75% Winrate
Flash is slightly worn large slashes but only a few slashes on main contact points.

Here's the procedure,
Gryph Begirados 100RF vs MSF Reviser Dragooon BD145RDF (Weak Launched)
Begirados Wins 6/20 (5 KOS 1 OS) 30% Winrate
More Details in the Spoiler a couple of wall saves I forgot to note. More test to come this will be updated more.
Weak Launched because isn't that the only real reason (mostly) that we can use left spin defense?

I'll test this against MF-H Duo 230MB now give me a few minutes.

Procedure
Gryph Begirados 100RF vs MF-H Duo Gasher 230MB
Begirados Wins 15/20 (All KOs) Winrate 75 %
Some Notes about this that aren't noted:
Some rounds where close because MB was going around partially and was not at the bottom of the slope giving Begirados hard time hitting it. I did bank it a little less throughout the match because of MB and stuff. I did redo a few rounds because of me banking wrong.
And I think this is might be important to include
MSF Gryph Begirados CH120RF (CH145) vs MF-H Duo Gasher 230MB
20/20 (All KOS) Winrate 100%
Those results are nowhere near what I got. RDF's LAD just gives it a few extra seconds at the end of the battle to OS, and keeps it balanced more. It does not slide at all. RDF has proven to have more defensive abilities than RSF or RB. I have no idea how you got those results, but I certainly got better ones. How is your launch? could you make a video like I did? That would help. Smile
I did some tests to see if this combo really lived up to its promise, and my results were mixed:

Gryph Begaridos 100RF vs. MSF Killerken Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Begaridos: 13 (1 OS, 12 KO)
Reviser: 17 (16 OS, 1 KO)
Begaridos Win %: 43.3%

Not bad, but not great. I was noticing some great smash at the start, but that didn't keep up and by the end of the 30 rounds Reviser was taking the crown almost every time. I feel like the height of this custom doesn't do it any favors, and I can't imagine its results against E230 would be good at all. I do like the combo of Begaridos and Gryph, though; I hadn't noticed the synergy before I tested this combo, and I like it a lot. It's a Synchrom with potential for sure.
Ingulit Try deep banking. I find that it works 80x better.

I sorta prefer 85 for this combo. Hopefully I can get some tests up soon.
This seems interesting. Not Top Tier, but still pretty good. Is there any particular combo people want to see this tested against? I'll try this out tomorrow.
(Apr. 14, 2013  11:38 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Those results are nowhere near what I got. RDF's LAD just gives it a few extra seconds at the end of the battle to OS, and keeps it balanced more. It does not slide at all. RDF has proven to have more defensive abilities than RSF or RB. I have no idea how you got those results, but I certainly got better ones. How is your launch? could you make a video like I did? That would help. Smile

*I know RDF is amazing at defense and proably the best tip for defense.
*I can't make a video unfortunatly as much as I would love to because I don't have a camera for it, no Ipad, Cell Phone vid cam, nothing, I can get pictures for proof of parts though if you would like.
*I just did standard banking for the launch like anyone else or at least how I have seen anyone do it like at tournaments videos etc... And Banking is just sliding shoot without putting extra force into by moving the launcher forward on the launch in return not screwing up the launch with a bad flower pattern of user error.
*I don't really get how the LAD is relevant in Right Spin vs Right Spin Defense vs Attack, because the LAD would only be helpful if both beys were at very similar RPM and then it got its LAD right then but because both are Right spins and one is attack and defense I don't see how that really does anything. I get how though both being rubber tips that they could get to close RPM but not the the exact amount for LAD to be what is making RDF win. But I will do right spin tests with RDF if you want, But I don't have 2 Revisers so what would you suggest? I could do Saramanda Reviser or Saramanda Saramanda.
* I wanted RSF or RB used to not have any sliding errors that might occur if the bey gets knocked around as you said it was getting pushed out. From my experience if RDF gets knocked around it slides and dies but I guess you weren't having issues like that but the Push outs worry me of this being some issue like this and I really don't know what else to say on RDF nor do I want an argument over it just wanted to say what I wanted on the LAD
(Apr. 14, 2013  12:29 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2013  12:07 AM)diblee123 Wrote: How about against MF-H Lightning L-Drago CH120R2F?

That combo weighs like half as much as Bregirados. It would get completely violated. If it were to fight a Left Attacker, it should by Dragooon or Variares.

I know, just wanted to bring back some old lightning smash, it was the best attack wheel their was until newer wheels came out. So sad, Unhappy
I haven't been able to get to the computer recently, but I'm posting some stuff.

Now for everybody, I did more tests against MSF-H Reviser Reviser BD145RDF. Since I only did ten rounds the first time, I will combine these tests with the others in the OP. Smile

WARNING: I must warn you, these results WILL shock you. It was a very abnormal test, but I promise you I am being completely honest...

test:

Now I just want to confirm that all the tests I have posted on this thread are completely true. I am not lying or stretching the results. Smile
Whoa seriously outspins. That is weird.
I always thought RDF gets OS'd by nearly everything that's competitive if its opponent is spinning in the same direction. I've seen numerous results where R2F and RF outspins RDF in the past threads and videos, so no surprise here.
Really? I've never heard of that before. My RF has never out-spun RDF except on this combo. Tongue_out They were also not close OSes, Begaridos won by quite a bit, from hitting the other guy so hard. It was one of the weirdest things I ever saw.
Hey guys, I know no one has posted on this thread in, like, forever, and nobody probably wants to read this. However, I noticed something today. This is extremely embarrassing, but I just realized that in the video, the track I used was actually 105. In other words, I used 105 for all my other tests without realizing that it was actually 105! I tried it, and it actually does quite a bit better than 100, but I don't know why Unhappy. I am so, so, so, so sorry about that... I will change the thread's name right now.

again, Sorry. Unhappy