Gravity Perseus AD145WD 99.9% COMPLETE!

You should also write that Perseus was someone in Greek mythology that killed medusa
That has nothing to do with Beyblade though.
(Jan. 05, 2012  6:09 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: That has nothing to do with Beyblade though.

It has to do with the design of Gravity though, because I do believe that TAKARA-TOMY refers to the red stickers as "Medusa's eyes".

That being said, we can just write "Perseus" in the Face description, and when describing the red stickers, just say "in referrence to Perseus' actions in Greek mythology". People will do their research if they want to know more ...
If I am allowed to, may I try?

Quote:The original Gravity Metal Wheel comes painted black. Unlike other Metal Wheels, Gravity can only be used with the Perseus Clear Wheel. This combination allows the user to switch between 4 modes: Right Spin Defense, Left Spin Defense, Right Spin Counter, and Left Spin Counter. This wheel has very good Smash Attack by using the 6 "indents" which the Clear Wheel fits into. When the protrusions of the Clear Wheel are inside the first three indents and only 1 of the red stickers are visible, it is in "Counter Mode", because this maximizes the surface area of the metal wheel, thus creating more smash attack. When Perseus fits into the other three indents and all three of the red stickers are visible, it is in "Defense Mode", which increases metal on plastic collisions, thus creating less recoil. The protrusions are more prominent in right spin, and it is a great Smash Attacker when used in a combo such as MF Gravity Perseus CH120RF(Attack Version, Counter Mode). With the release of the heavier 4D era beys, Gravity was outclassed by a new dual-spinning wheel, VariAres. Since then, Gravity, along with Lightning, is heavily outclassed by the 4D Attack wheels- Blitz and VariAres; and is also put 'out of use' due to the release of heavy, low recoil wheels such as Death and Duo. These low recoil wheels are extremely difficult to KO even with Blitz and VariAres, and has hence put Gravity 'out of use'.

OK, so I added what was needed to be added. I clubbed the two points of Gravity being outclassed; and VariAres being yet another bey offering multi-directional spin. Smile
If you like it, its upon you to choose whether it should be called 'dual-spinning'(as I've done) or 'multi-directional spinning'(as others seem to prefer). Smile
Hope you like it. Joyful_2
EDIT- Added the 'put out of use' point, as I thought it was important. The italicized part is optional. Smile
(Jan. 05, 2012  1:08 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2012  6:09 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: That has nothing to do with Beyblade though.

It has to do with the design of Gravity though, because I do believe that TAKARA-TOMY refers to the red stickers as "Medusa's eyes".

That being said, we can just write "Perseus" in the Face description, and when describing the red stickers, just say "in referrence to Perseus' actions in Greek mythology". People will do their research if they want to know more ...

I actually think Perseus and medusa should be mentioned, considering the face has Perseus and medusa (upside down)

Janstarblast, that's really fantastic! I'd say this is definitely ready for Kei to go over, do you think so too?
Thanks a lot, Shab. Smile
I may not be sure about Kei going through it, as a few people still want to see the addition of Perseus and Medusa to the description; but otherwise, its great! Grin
EDIT- Actually, I've PMed Kei to read through this Article. This is because the points I added to your Draft right now are a part of a secret mission(not really "secret"... Secret mission sounds extremely professional, you know Tongue_out) I am on...
So, if Kei likes it, you may have to add similar descriptions to future drafts. Tongue_out
Quote:Maximize it's potential and versatility
Quote: It's performance suffers from this weight difference.
Quote:is distinguished by it's heavier weight
It should be "its".

Also, you should lowercase things you capitalized in the middle of the sentence such as "Maximize" and "Combo".

Is the Defense combo actually worth mentioning? Has there been any recent tests for it?
I think the two Stamina customs should be updated as well.

You should change numbers to words ex. "6" to "six"
I always mix up my its and it's, haha.

For the defense combo, I put it there as a guideline for how the defense clear wheel should be used, if the person had the desire to use it.

And for stamina, the AD145 one is fine in my opinion and the one in WD section won't be the one on there, Kei made a new one.

Edit: I updated it with Janstarblasts edits and your corrections. Tell me if I missed anything or made a mistake!
You missed most of them. The "It's" are still there, and you didn't change most of the numbers.

Sorry for not seeing these before, was kinda tired.
Quote:Perseus is only useable with Gravity

It should be spelled "usable" and you need a period.

Quote: The the other releases of Perseus are named

Double the.
Useable and usable are the same word, I just checked.

I actually forgot about the it's for some incredibly odd reason, I'll go through it again. Next time, it'd be a hell of a lot easier if you just quoted it and changed what you wanted.

Edit: done, i believe i got them all.
Sorry for not doing the quote thing, most people want to see what edits were made. Also "Useable" is not a word, the correct spelling is usable.

My Source:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl...66&bih=530

Added the edits you missed.
Your link just takes me to the Google home page, unless that's what you wanted?
Here's from Dictionary.com:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/useable
It says they're the same.

When Kei goes through it (If no more changes get done) then he'll go throught the one in your post.
AFAIK, the best Gravity Attack combo was Gravity Perseus (Attack Ver.) D125RF (Counter Mode, Right Spin).
I do not know much about the CH120 variant mentioned in the draft, but yeah!
(Jan. 05, 2012  4:08 AM)Space virus Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2012  8:07 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: This is necessary to allow multi-directional spin that which is only available on this Beyblade

This is not the only beyblade to possess multi-directional spin, Variaries has multi-directional spin too.

...why would you quote me when I didnt write the draft? And that was bolded because in the post directly above yours, I stated that VariAres has multidirectional spin, so why restate the same thing like I never said it?
Hm, I want to do some work on this to get it ready to go up, but I would like to hear some thoughts on a few things before I do so:

Firstly, as this is an article for Gravity Perseus AD145WD, and perhaps in contrast to older posts, since then, Set articles weren't really a thing, think that the other Clear Wheels should be left for the set article. They should be mentioned in the gravity section where appropriate for combinations, and there should be a small introduction to them there with a link to the future set article, as the attack version at least is used in the best gravity attack combos (Stamina saw some use in spin stealers but I think that is best left for the set article).

I'm not sure how the set article should be done, but I think providing a description of the unique parts (basically, those two clear wheels), and then leaving the rest of the parts as links to where they are described in the parts lists or whatever is probably the best idea, but I think that should be discussed more. There's also the Hasbro single releases of the Set-versions of each bey that should be discussed (as they could theoretically be linked to by the set article rather than being included in it).

So yeah, thoughts?
I think it would be best to leave them in here, and this is my greatest reasoning ever, get ready for it, here it comes: it's a version of Perseus, the description is for Perseus, not Perseus in BB-[whateverthisnumberis], if that makes sense? Like for example, each 145 or WD description is exactly the same. I know 145 and WD don't necessarily apply to the Perseus Clear Wheels in this case since it has to do with sets this time and not just another Starter/Booster release, but I think it should include it. I think I made that more confusing as I tried to explain it more, haha.
But consider that we are writing about Gravity Perseus (Defense) AD145WD, rather than all the different gravity perseus releases. Otherwise, we should also include the other tips the different perseus clear wheels were "given" (eg 105F for the Attack Ver).
Hmm, well that is a pickle, I didn't think about it that way! I guess the question is, are we doing full articles for ones such as the Gravity Perseus Attack Ver. 105F example you gave? (and the other L Drago ones and etc.)
I personally think we should, hasbro released them as full beys for example (though they did mess with the names a little). They would also be fully described in the set article either way, and it may be worth mentioning them and linking to the future set article in the CW section of this article as a note, as well.

The set article shouldn't be too hard to write either, I'm pretty sure most of the parts have descriptions already written anyway.
For this, I will actually agree with th!nk about making separate articles for the other Clear Wheels, especially since, from what I saw of the draft Shabalabadoo had quoted in one of the recent pages, they were really not developped on well enough. The difference between each Clear Wheel is not only visible, but their performance difference is also quite obvious to see.

The Ultimate Reshuffle Set L Drago Ver. article should be super simple, really ... We should not really be describing in great detail what is included in it ...
Alrighty, coolio, so if we were to karate chop this part off, what should be added?

(Sep. 10, 2011  2:28 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Clear Wheel: Perseus
Weight: 2.7 grams
Perseus is unique in the sense that there is no plastic that blocks the prongs on left and right launchers from attaching, which is necessary to allow multi-directional spin. Also, like the current Hybrid Wheel System L Drago Series, rotating the Clear Wheel 180 degrees results in different modes. It has three projections which are layed out in a triangular shape. These three projections allow it to shift between "Defense Mode" and "Counter Mode", and it is asymmetrical. Perseus is only useable with Gravity

The original release of Perseus is named "Defense Version", and features three protrusions which evenly fit into Gravity. The other releases of Perseus are named "Stamina Version" and "Attack Version". The Stamina Version has six protrusions, which cover each of Gravity's depressions widely. The Attack Version has a similar style to the Stamina Version, but each of its protrusions are shorter and straighter, allowing for more of Gravity to make contact.

All three Versions can be obtained in the BB-97 set.

Use in Attack Customization
Out of the three Perseus Clear Wheels, the Attack Version provides best results for attack. It has less plastic, allowing for more metal contact on Gravity; which therefore increases Gravity Perseus' Smash Attack. It can be used in multiple Attack Customizations, but to maximize it's potential and versatility, MF Gravity Perseus CH120R2F (Attack Version, Counter Mode) would be the best possible Combination.

Use in Defense Customization
Although Gravity Perseus has minimal Defense and Spin Stealing abilities, it is best to use the Stamina Version of Perseus to maximize the potential of these traits, in the combo MF Gravity Perseus BD145RS (Stamina Version, Defense Mode). Weak Launching helps this Combo, as it has Multi-Spin abilities. It doesn't perform as good as the current Top Tier Defense Customizations, but if you would like to use the Stamina Perseus, this would be the Combo.

I'm thinking more description for the Defense Version? And should I take out the first paragraph that I did, or leave it there and expand a little more? If there'll be different articles for the different Versions, I think take it out?
You should definitely mention the other versions briefly, excatly like what that "karate-chopped" paragraph does. It should stay. The rest would indeed go in each version's article.
So here it is edited, for whoever edits it:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Gravity-...#pid781998

If we ever want to refer to what I had originally written for the Use in ____ section, we'll refer to post 246!
I'll try to work on it today, though I'm going out later and do have some other things to do as well, so maybe tomorrow. One of the two though.
Seeing as my work on Screw Capricorn is taking longer than expected because there's a lot to say about Metal Flat, I might as well do something less intensive to clear my head, haha.

I'm not sure about Perseus being asymmetrical, either. Take a line that cuts one of the heads in half, and you get a mirrored image right?

Anyway, I'll work on it. It may take til tomorrow my time though, as the current draft doesn't really describe anything, and I have to change the formatting and so on.
Again, at least four drafts worked on when I go away for a day : is that a good deal or is that a good deal ?

Quote:Name Change
Gravity Perseus was released by Hasbro as Gravity Destroyer.

Face: Perseus
The Face depicts Perseus, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Perseus
Weight: 2.7 grams
Perseus is unique in the sense that there is no plastic that blocks the prongs on left and right launchers from attaching, which is necessary to allow multi-directional spin. No other Clear Wheel has this ability. Also, like the Hybrid Wheel System L Drago Series, rotating the Clear Wheel 180 degrees results in different modes. It has three projections which are layed out in a triangular shape, with each end dropping over the Metal Wheel to cover it slightly. Those protrusions are actually shaped like helmets which, metaphorically, encase the red eyes of the Medusa on Gravity. These three projections allow it to shift between "Defense Mode" and "Counter Mode". Perseus is only useable with Gravity.

The original release of Perseus is named "'''Defense Version'''", and features three protrusions which evenly fit into Gravity. The other releases of Perseus are named "'''Stamina Version'''" and "'''Attack Version'''". The Stamina Version has six protrusions, which cover all of Gravity's depressions widely. The Attack Version has a similar style to the Stamina Version, but each of its protrusions are shorter and straighter, allowing for more of Gravity to make contact.

All three Versions can be obtained in the BB-97 set.

Metal Wheel: Gravity
Weight: 33.8 grams
The original Gravity Metal Wheel comes painted black. Unlike other Metal Wheels, Gravity can only be used with the Perseus Clear Wheel, and there are no walls in the inner circle of it to prevent the insertion of any prongs. This combination of Perseus and Gravity allows the user to switch between four modes:
*Right-Spin Defense
*Left-Spin Defense
*Right-Spin Counter
*Left-Spin Counter
This Metal Wheel demonstrates very good Smash Attack by using the six "indents" which the Clear Wheel fits into. When the protrusions of the Clear Wheel are inside the first three indents and only one of the red stickers is visible, it is in "Counter Mode", because this maximizes the surface area of the Metal Wheel, thus creating more Smash Attack. When Perseus fits into the other three indents and all three of the red stickers are visible, it is in "Defense Mode", which increases metal on plastic collisions, thus creating less Recoil. The protrusions are more prominent in right spin, and it is a great Smash Attacker when used in a combo such as MF Gravity Perseus CH120RF(Attack Version, Counter Mode). With the release of the heavier 4D-era Beys, Gravity was outclassed by a new dual-spinning wheel, VariAres. Since then, Gravity, along with Lightning, are heavily outclassed by the 4D Attack Metal Wheels like Flash, Blitz and VariAres. Gravity is also put out of use due to the release of heavy, low-Recoil Defense Metal Wheels such as Death and Duo. These low-Recoil Metal Wheels are extremely difficult to KO even with Blitz and VariAres, and have hence rendered Gravity essentially obsolete.

IMPORTANT: Mold Variations
Gravity has been found to have three different molds. Mold One is found in TAKARA-TOMY and Hasbro Gravity Perseus/Destroyer Starters, and the others are differentiated by the sides and the definition on each. There are more bumps and curves on the side of Mold One than there are on Mold Two. Mold Two is smooth all around the sides, and is significantly lighter than Mold One. Its performance suffers from this weight difference.
The toughest Mold to distinguish is Mold Three. It is found in BB-109 Random Booster Volume 7, and is the same shape as Mold One. Mold Three is distinguished by its heavier weight than Mold One.

Track: Armor Defense 145
Weight: 2.8 grams
AD145 is shaped like the head of a funnel, completely round with ridges lining the sides all the way around. In fact, its shape is intended to resemble that of an armor, hence its name. Despite what the latter part of its name might suggest though, Tracks such as 230 and GB145 outclass AD145 as a defensive Track due to its relatively light weight in comparison to GB145 and its diminutive stature when compared to 230, which makes it unable it to absorb hits as 230 does. With the introduction of BD145, this Track has definitely been surpassed in Defense. However, AD145 has actually proved to be better suited for Stamina in certain cases, due to the outward weight distribution it has compared to other top tier Stamina Tracks, thus making it top-tier in this area. It is also the Track of choice for comparative Stamina testing.

Use in a Stamina Customization:
AD145 can be used in the combo Phantom Aquario AD145WD/SD to create a top-tier Stamina-type Beyblade.

Bottom: Wide Defense
Weight: 0.7 grams

Wide Defense, as its name implies is the widest of the “Defense” series of Bottoms (D, SD, and now WD). This brings numerous advantages, but also some disadvantages when compared to the other “Defense” Bottoms. Because of its massive width that reaches the edge of the Bottom's perimeter, it is able to wobble at a significantly larger angle for a longer period of time than D or SD, and at a much lower spin rate. This can be advantageous in many battles, particularly those between two Stamina types when they are about to topple over; however, if you happen to have a weaker shot than your opponent who is using something such as Virgo DF145SD, WDs low spin rate towards the end of the battle will make it extremely easy for the opponent to knock it completely over. This low spin rate towards the end of the battle is created because in the process of wobbling at such a large angle, more friction is made with the stadium floor, thus decreasing its Stamina. This is all avoidable however if your shot is at least as powerful as your opponent, as the extra time it is able to spin on an angle will allow you to narrowly out-spin your D or SD based opponent.

WD although part of the "Defense" series of tips does not have any defensive capability because it still uses a form of sharp tip. Thus, friction with the stadium floor is decreased, which as a result makes it easier to knock around than something like RS/RSF which has much more friction with the stadium floor. WD does of course offer superior Stamina to RS/RSF which in rare cases would be an advantage, but RS/RSF more often than not has enough Stamina to outlast standard Attack types that use rubber based tips such as RF.

Use in a Stamina Customization:
WD can be used in the combo Phantom Cancer Ad145WD for a great Stamina-type Beyblade.

Overall
Gravity Perseus contains parts that have both offensive and survival capabilities when used in conjunction with other parts. For example, with the purchase of this Beyblade, the user would obtain AD145 and WD, both top-tier Stamina parts. Additionally, the unique Gravity Metal Wheel and Perseus Clear Wheel match has proven in tests to be a fearsome Smash Attacker and it used to be a top-tier Attack part. It is the first dual spin direction Metal Fight Beyblade to be released and there are other versions of the Clear wheel which can be obtained in The BB-97 Perseus Reshuffle Set for improved but more specific use. '''Each Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.'''

The only thing I can see is that the Hell combination is slightly outclassed now.