Graphics Battles! Prepare for War!

Eh, guess I missed the first one... oh well. I really want to challenge Fyuuor. But I have no time ATM...

Hey, Fyuuor, by Beyblade you mean in General for anything MFB Style?
(Jun. 17, 2011  3:54 AM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: Has anyone posted the battle thread yet?

I could make it now. Everyone could send me the sigs, then I put them in a random order for voting. I'll make sure nobody knows who is who's.

Does that sound good?
(Jun. 17, 2011  2:41 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Eh, guess I missed the first one... oh well. I really want to challenge Fyuuor. But I have no time ATM...

Hey, Fyuuor, by Beyblade you mean in General for anything MFB Style?

There's always next time BeyBladestation if you don't have enough time Wink

Yep, anything related to Beyblade. That can be either the Plastic, HMS or MFB series.

---------------------------------

This is great! I love the idea that gfx battles are gaining so much attention. My overall goal is to potentially organize a WBO graphics comp, however this depends on whether or not we can gain enough interest for a Tournament.

For the idea of a Tournament to work we'll need at least 6 persons competing including myself. The 6 persons will be divided into 2 groups with a round robin competition between the members of each group. The winner of each group will face each other in the final in order to declare an overall winner. Please keep in mind the amount of participants isn't limited to 6 persons, in fact the more the better. I simply stated 6 as I feel as though that's the minimum amount necessary needed to complete a Tournament.

------------------------------------

On a separate note I was think for battles we should only include votes from persons who post their vote, instead of the accumulative amount which includes a poll. In fact, I don't think there should be a poll in any of the 'GFX Battle Threads' since polling can quite easily be manipulated to assist a competitor. This can include the use of fake accounts or simply voting for yourself using your own account. I propose that the only votes which are included towards a persons total are those which are posted: ie, "I vote for Member A, since there design catches the eye better".

What do you guys think?

-----------------------------------

Awesome the first battle! I'm quite interested to see how this goes.
Good idea about the voting. I'll make the thread for the first battle now.

Should I include who made what sig?
nice idea fyuuor well i hope i will gonaa face awesome challenges
(Jun. 17, 2011  6:57 AM)Nano Wrote: Good idea about the voting. I'll make the thread for the first battle now.

Should I include who made what sig?

Actually I don't think you should, that way a person's profile won't influence the voting at all. People will be voting purely on which sig they prefer, not on the person.

I completely forgot to bring this issue up. Good work Nano of bringing attention to this important factor.
Hmm. So you suggest instead of posting "Fyuuor's graphic" it would be labelled on the thread as "the first signature"?
Exactly. Either that or 'Member A or 1', 'Entrant A or 1', 'Signature A or 1'. Just as long you don't specifically write who made it. I think it'll give all competitors a fair playing field, as it'll lessen the prospect of group conformity and social pressures of voting for a specific person.
May i join? i want to but i think im gonna lose XD
(Jun. 17, 2011  12:07 PM)Xyo Wrote: May i join? i want to but i think im gonna lose XD

I can't see no reason why Ga'Hooleone wouldn't allow you to join since it was an open challenge which was made. Personally I think the more the merrier Joyful_3
may I?

Sent out from!: DX
To:anyone willing to accept
Size: 500x150
Theme:Aquatic stuff
Due Date:about next week MONDAY

EDIT: decided that there will be no animations...
remember, AQUATIC theme. ocean, rivers, fish, anything in the water is technically considered aquatic.

if i can confirm 6 people to accept this challenge, then I will make a new thread.

last thing, the one who gets 10 votes will be considered winner.

so yeah. I still don't get how the mechanic works, or how do i even propose properly.pls correct me Smile
DX, you're challenging people, and you're not participating in your own challenges?
Besides that, there are plenty of still images that are better than many animated ones, so I don't really think that all that would be neccessary. This is basically to test skill against other people, regardless of how advanced the person is in that skill.
(Jun. 17, 2011  5:01 PM)Greimatter Wrote: DX, you're challenging people, and you're not participating in your own challenges?
Besides that, there are plenty of still images that are better than many animated ones, so I don't really think that all that would be neccessary. This is basically to test skill against other people, regardless of how advanced the person is in that skill.

let me edit that.....
I'll join in, DX.

I'm now involved with three battles... I'm actually liking this idea!
I think Voting will be fine with the public result poll. We can see if new accounts were made from it...
(Jun. 17, 2011  5:30 PM)Nano Wrote: I'll join in, DX.

I'm now involved with three battles... I'm actually liking this idea!

ok!

I moved the date next week... so we can have time to prepare!
(Jun. 17, 2011  4:28 PM)DX Wrote: may I?

remember, AQUATIC theme. ocean, rivers, fish, anything in the water is technically considered aquatic.

if i can confirm 6 people to accept this challenge, then I will make a new thread.

so yeah. I still don't get how the mechanic works, or how do i even propose properly.pls correct me Smile

I've added you challenge to the OP Joyful_3

By Monday next week do you mean the 20th or 27th?

(Jun. 17, 2011  5:37 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: I think Voting will be fine with the public result poll. We can see if new accounts were made from it...

Not necessarily, new accounts are created everyday on the forum and it's rather difficult to tell who has created a specific account until they start posting and display their IP address. All it takes is one person to vote for themselves to make the voting unfair. If polling isn't an option in battles from the very start, there will never be an issue of legitimacy of votes and whether a persons victory was unfairly won.

I'm trying to make this as fair as possible.

Though to be honest, to make this competition completely fair, there is still one more issue that I haven't bought up yet. When a battle is organized instead of everybody sending their sigs to another competitor of the same battle it would be wise to send them to a member of the forum who has no personal interest in the battle. By sending all your sigs to a competitor of the battle and having them organize the thread it allows the thread creator (a competitor in this case) the opportunity to change or alter their design of sig after viewing the other competitors entries. It would be wise to send your sigs to a neutral member so to speak. This is just another idea in order to make these battles completely fair, even though they are fought in a friendly manner I know from personal experience that they can be fiercely competitive.
(Jun. 18, 2011  12:39 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2011  4:28 PM)DX Wrote: may I?

I've added you challenge to the OP Joyful_3

By Monday next week do you mean the 20th or 27th?

next next week monday.. 27th.

i got 1 contestant...anyone else?
(Jun. 18, 2011  12:39 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Not necessarily, new accounts are created everyday on the forum and it's rather difficult to tell who has created a specific account until they start posting and display their IP address. All it takes is one person to vote for themselves to make the voting unfair. If polling isn't an option in battles from the very start, there will never be an issue of legitimacy of votes and whether a persons victory was unfairly won.

That would not happen. The competitor/owner of the work would call them out, then that persons/offenders reputation would be shot. Just saying.
(Jun. 18, 2011  4:48 AM)Bladeinformer Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2011  12:39 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Not necessarily, new accounts are created everyday on the forum and it's rather difficult to tell who has created a specific account until they start posting and display their IP address. All it takes is one person to vote for themselves to make the voting unfair. If polling isn't an option in battles from the very start, there will never be an issue of legitimacy of votes and whether a persons victory was unfairly won.

That would not happen. The competitor/owner of the work would call them out, then that persons/offenders reputation would be shot. Just saying.

Yes, the competitors reputation would be ruined if they were caught. However, it can be rather difficult to prove whether unanimous voting in polling occurred through a competitor voting for themselves or whether other WBO members are voting for them. Even if the circumstance of a competitor receiving a few unanswered votes does occur, that competitor can simply deny any involvement in influencing voting. If polling isn't an option, this issue won't ever become a problem. It's more of preventative measure then anything.

Just wondering, why would you prefer polling?
I guess people don't want to read the thread, and can still check for problems if necessary. I'm fine with posting reasons along with your vote.