Grand Final GFX Battle: Omega Vs Fyuuor

It is odd that people who know Omega and who live in Melbourne are all voting for the second entry. Of course there are other people voting for it, but why would everybody from Melbourne necessarily vote for it ...
Kai-V, Yes, I felt that in my battle against Resistance as well.

I would like to vote for Entry 1, I like the shine it gives and is much more appealing to look at. Entry 2 is great as well !
Entry 1. It looks more eye catching, effects r nice BG is epic. I bet entry 1 is fyuuor, cuz he's plain epic...
Entry one is, to be blunt, far, far better. The placement is better, it looks cleaner, and so on.

And yeah, I find it pretty easy to tell when something is done by Fyuuor too.
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:15 PM)Electric Wrote: Kai-V, Yes, I felt that in my battle against Resistance as well.

I would like to vote for Entry 1, I like the shine it gives and is much more appealing to look at. Entry 2 is great as well !

Same here. I do hope it's merely a coincidence.
I guess..

Entry 1. The whole render is eye-catching, and Gambit shows more of his personality than Entry 2 (he looks tamed in E2).
I’m not accusing anybody of cheating; however there is an odd trend that has occurred throughout the Tournament as early as Round 1. I’m not going to name names, but certain persons have continually voted for the same participant every round. In fact they have never voted against the person in question.

As much as I would like to believe that it is a coincidence, or perhaps persons are genuinely voting for an entry due to them believing it is the better of the two presented. There is a point that is reached when you need to become critical of the situation.

-------------------------------

Score check!

Entry 1: 32
Entry 2: 6
Yeah I noticed it to since the early rounds. Anyway I vote for entry 1 it is just more eye catching and looks better IMO , although entry 2 is still great.
Well, it happens in most competitions with entries. You'd hope not, but it does. All we can do is hope that nobody is doing it here and it is just a coincidence. (Though Entry 2 IS getting spanked, so it isn't that big of an issue.) The 27-point gap is kinda odd for a Final, though, but that is how the users voted, so I won't gripe.
Have I voted yet? If not, I vote for entry 2. I don't like the text in entry 1. Also, the background for entry 2 looks very well done. Both of these must've taken a lot of effort, though.
Entry 1. It has a much better style then entry 2 and entry 2 is also to plain but entry 1's picture look more real. Overall I vote entry 1.
Score check!

Entry 1: 34
Entry 2: 7
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is odd that people who know Omega and who live in Melbourne are all voting for the second entry. Of course there are other people voting for it, but why would everybody from Melbourne necessarily vote for it ...

Hmm, as I mentioned in the Noodoosoup vs Omega thread. Several people were criticising Noodoosoup's entry for using an image from a card. However, all of these people were friends with/in the same team as Omega.

Also, someone else in the same thread, (Not going to say their name.) was insulting people and bashing their opinions if they voted for the other entry.

I'm not blaming Omega or anything, just pointing it out.

I've been playing Marvel vs. Capcom games recently and there's something in Entry 2 that is more like Gambit than Entry 1. Entry 1 looks a bit too evil and the mood isn't quite as comical as Entry 2. Entry 2 looks more like something out of a comic to me so my vote goes to:
Entry 2
I'm voting for entry 1 as it looks more real and colourful compared to entry 2.
I Vote ENtry 2 it just looks like him more in my opinion prtior to where I have seen him on the TV show
(Sep. 06, 2011  8:51 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote: Hmm, as I mentioned in the Noodoosoup vs Omega thread. Several people were criticising Noodoosoup's entry for using an image from a card. However, all of these people were friends with/in the same team as Omega.

Also, someone else in the same thread, (Not going to say their name.) was insulting people and bashing their opinions if they voted for the other entry.

I'm not blaming Omega or anything, just pointing it out.

I've been thinking about this issue since Round 1 when I first noticed a trend in persons voting habits. Unfortunately I'm quite limited in what I can do in rectifying the problem. All I can really do is draw attention to what's occurring, but that's about it. People are free to express their opinion, whether or not they may have a slight bias. Plus this medium is open to criticism, so a person discussing the entries submitted is to be expected.

---------------------

Score check!

Entry 1: 35
Entry 2: 9
This time tomorrow I will be closing this thread and announcing the first WBO Champion! So get voting!
Hmm, I've been looking at them for a while, and I think I prefer Entry 2.
OK this is probably going to be the last check of the tournament!

Score Check!

Entry 1:35
Entry 2:10
Voting is now closed!

Final Score for the Grand Final:

Entry 1/Fyuuor: 35
Entry 2/Omega: 10

Congratulations Fyuuor! Omega you have been fantastic throughout the entire Tournament, whilst it's a monumental achievement making this far into the Tournament! You're a great competitor and a fantastic GFX artist. Don't let the score get you down, since in my opinion it isn't reflective of your skills.

In regards to prizes allocations, that will all be done shortly. I'll create a thread titled, 'Congratulations! The GFX Champion is Fyuuor'!'. So please hold your thoughts and your congratulatory well wishes until that thread has been created.