Goreim Discussion

I finally got a new BB-10 stadium along with some other stuff. If you're wondering why I used a Karabiner Grip it's because after using it for a while I found the curvature of the handle more comfortable in my hands compared to a Launcher Grip. But enough of that, have some tests.

Standard Procedure Stuff (Click to View)

Attack Tests (Click to View)

Defense Tests (Click to View)

Kain_Highwind's Tests (Click to View)

Feel free to post your own results or ask for requests, but I can't guarantee if/when they'll be done.

Benchmark (Click to View)
Yay!!! I've been waiting over a month for this!!! Wow... Not good for attack AT ALL. Can you try for Defense or Stamina?
What about Defense though ? It did not really seem like an Attack piece.
Goreim has a fair number of gaps and protrusions from the armor motif, so Defense was honestly the last thing I thought it would be good for.

I tried MSF Goreim Goreim BD145RDF against MF-H Flash Orion W145R2F in a few rounds after reading your post, and just from watching it I have a hard time believing it could be useful for defense, especially compared to some of the other Synchromes we already have. I can put up some formal tests later though.
Finally a Goreim Discussion! But I Think You Need To Update It Because Goreim Seems More Of A Defense Wheel
Do you have Begirados ? The two of them were designed to be able to fill the holes in the other when in Synchrom.
(Sep. 29, 2012  5:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Do you have Begirados ? The two of them were designed to be able to fill the holes in the other when in Synchrom.

That's pretty interesting. Yes, I do have Begirados and was planning on making a thread tomorrow, so I can try something with the two. I'll put the results in both threads. Any combos in particular?
Probably just Goreim Begirados/Begirados Goreim in Defense, hah.
Alright here are some Begirados Goreim/Goreim Begirados tests.

MSF Goreim Begirados BD145CS vs. MF-H Flash Orion W145R2F
Goreim Begirados: 8/20 (2 KO, 6 OS)
Flash Orion: 12/20 (2 KO, 12 KO)
3 Ties
Goreim Win%: 40%

MSF Begirados Goreim BD145CS vs. MF-H Flash Orion W145R2F
Begirados Goreim: 6/20 (1 KO, 5 OS)
Flash Orion: 14/20 (13 KO, 1 OS)
5 Ties
Goreim Win%: 30%

It's true that Goreim and Begirados cover their gaps when Synchromed, but that's only when you're looking at them from above. It got tossed around easily by Flash, and really the only reason it has the win% in these tests is because of wall saves.
Well, this is disappointing. Unhappy I was hoping to see Goreim actually do well in attack... Then again, this is all we know, so maybe you're right and you just haven't found the right setup.

Could you try something stamina wise? I don't know for Goreim...
I got Goreim in the mail yesterday. So far the most promising thing I have found is Gryph Goreim on high tracks (mainly 230). They balance very well together. IIRC, someone in my Ifraid Dragooon F : D thread said they used Killerken with Goreim. You might want to give that a try.
Ok, I regret saying to ask for defense. How about stamina? So far, it looks like one of those crappy chrome wheels like Orojya and Gargole that have almost no use whatsoever. I knew that it was going to be really bad from the begining. The shape gives it terrible balance.
Stop talking rubbish UltimateFantasy. Gargoyle has good use for defence. It's just that Reviser is a bit better and a lot more people own it. It's far from almost no use whatsoever.
Ok, I am really liking Gryph Goreim. I could not get consistent KOs with R2F. So I decided to try a more stamina oriented setup.

BB-10
Beylauncher with rubber
Duo launched first

MSF Gryph Goreim TH220BSF vs. Duo Aquario W145WD
Goreim - 13 wins (6 OS, 7 KO)
Duo - 7 wins (5 OS, 2 KO)
1 DKO that was redone
Goreim win % = 65%

Gryph Goreim has some fairly good balance. Gryph has some really great force smash, and with the balance Goreim provides the combo is able to handle the jump that the force smash causes. I have had several bad launches where I banked too deep, and Gryph Goreim just picked itself right back up with little to no problem. As I noted in round 6, even when it tilts all the way over after it has lost a lot of spin, it will spin on its side for a longer than average time. It is not easy to make Duo scrape, but Gryph Goreim would beat Duo into the stadium and sit back and watch it circle, tilting more with each pass until it finally just scraped to death. There is probably a better tip than BSF to use with this (MB/MF maybe), but I wanted to give BSF a little love. This might not be the best combo in the world, but hopefully these tests will provide something useful.

EDIT: vs. Defense tests

Standard Procedure
Sorry, I only have one MSF :-(

MSF Gryph Goreim TH220BSF vs. Gargoyle Reviser BD145RDF
Goreim - 17 wins (15 OS, 2 KO)
Reviser - 3 wins (1 OS, 2 KO)
Goreim win % = 85%

On round 6 I noticed that it is a lot safer to launch at about 90%. A full strength launch gives a much better chance of a rebound self KO. The one OS Reviser had was due to me launching too deep that Gryph Goreim couldn't recover. It can recover from some deep launches, but that one was way too deep. However, there were several times I got scared that Reviser was going to OS. When it was tilted and swaying back and forth, it hit Gryph Goreim hard enough to knock it over, but it held in there.
Mmm, would definitely suggest in investing in an MSF-H for Force Smash (high rpm is useful, though the whole upper attack/upwards smash thing could be occuring here with force smash), and I don't really think Goreim would be a great choice for it, because ideally you'd want more weight on top of the contact points to prevent having your force smash used against you/just generally have more weight bearing down on the opponent.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the tests Smile
Yeah, I will be ordering some MSF's this week, even if that is all I get this week (wives and their budgets lol).

I chose Goreim because its balances with Gryph really helps it recover from its own smash/opponents upper attack/upper smash (cause that is definitely happening too). I have tried other wheels on top, but all I remember happening with other wheels is, after the smash/etc. it would topple or get thrown off balance to the point it couldn't recover. However, I will run back through the other wheels I have to see if one works better. Then I will have to move this to the Gryph thread lol.
Thanks for those tests Kain_Highwind! Grin

Your suggestion with Killerken seems to have potential from the informal testing I did. I should be able to do some formal tests before the end of this upcoming weekend.

I'll add your tests to the OP.
While I haven't had any really good defensive or attack combos I've been just stamina testing this with Orojya Goreim 160D (Testing out different bottoms atm but D seems most promising when the bey is about to stop spinning). Two reasons particularly for the combo. One, I don't have an extra goreim and two, they're both quite thin in terms of height and Orojya fits in all the gaps for Goreim (Goreim doesn't really for Orojya though, maybe by a tiny bit yes.).

I've posted my solo spin time results in the respective thread but since I used the Light Launcher L/R for the testing, I'm sure it can achieve a higher spin time once I get another string launcher.
(Oct. 01, 2012  1:26 PM)Ultra Wrote: Stop talking rubbish UltimateFantasy. Gargoyle has good use for defence. It's just that Reviser is a bit better and a lot more people own it. It's far from almost no use whatsoever.

Oh, thanks for correcting me. I didn't really see until now it's use for defence. I wasn't to sure because of it's shape. The shape kinda looks like it has a lot of recoil IMO, but I'm most likely wrong.
Can you try goreim goreim b:d
(Oct. 23, 2012  9:49 PM)JE Wrote: Can you try goreim goreim b:d

Why Goreim Goreim B:D?
Because is't goreim is well balance
(Oct. 23, 2012  10:14 PM)JE Wrote: Because is't goreim is well balance
It's ok but why did you choose Bearing Drive?
Try genbul goreim sa165 bwd
Bandid Goriem was my first ZeroG bey and its a pretty good one. Besides from being a nice looking bey, it does pretty well with a defence combo.