Girago Discussion

Kujikato: I can have my brother help, but it might take a while before we both have time to test.

Thunder Dome: MSF-H Gryph Girago BD145 RF vs MF-L Flash Orion GB145 R2F
Girago:9 Wins(5 KO,4 OS)
Flash:1 Win(KO)

Girago just destroyed it. Not a huge surprise, though.
Any Synchromed Anti-Attack set up will most likely own the heck out of Flash...

But thanks for the tests Shinobu, waiting on those tournament setting tests!
Wow I forgot to post these...

My friend Tranton and I did these about a week ago. Please do note that I am slightly better than him with a Beylauncher, so that could have factored in a bit. Do also note part of the threading on my MSF-H broke, so I had to use MSF-L on Girago. I didn't have a good RF at the time, so R2F was used. Girago was launched by me.

MSF-L Gryph Girago TR145 R2F vs MSF Revizer Revizer E230(Lower)RSF
Girago: 14 Wins(10 OS,4 KO)
Revizer:6 Wins(3 OS, 3 KO)
2 Ties
Gryph Girago Win Rate: 70%
I got a second Girago in the mail today and had the day off work so I thought I'd do a little testing with it. I decided to test this against MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF because it did really well at the last UK tournament (Freeze-Fest!).

Attack Stadium.
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher L/R for both.
Slightly worn RDF, Calm-ish, shot at about 70-80%.
Slightly worn RF, sliding shot at 100%.
Dragooon combo shot first.
(Same for all tests)

MSF Girago^2 S130RF VS MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF

MSF Girago^2 S130RF: 2 Wins (Both KO's)
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RD: 18 Wins (16 by OS, 2 KO's)

I did do a few rounds without the MSF on Girago^2 but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Girago^2 SA165(Attack Mode)RF VS MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF

Girago^2 SA165(Attack Mode)RF: 2 Wins (Both KO's)
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF: 18 Wins (17 by OS, 1 KO)

I haven't really used SA165 in attack mode before and was interested to try it, although not too impressed with it on this particular custom haha.

Girago^2 CH120RF VS MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF

Girago^2 CH120RF: 7 Wins (All KO's)
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF: 13 Wins (All OS)

This was getting some very clean KO's.

Wyvang Girago CH120RF VS MSF-H Revizer Dragooon BD145RDF

Wyvang Girago CH120RF: 3 Wins (All KO's)
MSF-H Revizer Dragooon BD145RDF: 17 Wins (15 by OS, 2 KO's)

I only have one Wyvang at the moment so used Revizer with Dragooon.

As I haven't done official testing in awhile and haven't really used pure attack types in an age I did some benchmark test.

Benchmark Test

Edit: Photo's of Girago^2
Finally! Someone was able to get 2! Thank you for the tests Blitz! Is there any way you could post a pic of it synchromed with itself?
It's late now but I'll be sure to post some photos when I wake up haha.
(Feb. 06, 2013  1:10 AM)Blitz Wrote: It's late now but I'll be sure to post some photos when I wake up haha.

Sounds great! Looks like we need to do some confirmation with Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF as well if it gave Flash that much trouble. That's awesome as well!
How was Girago launched? Did you use a direct sliding shoot or a wider launch? I'm asking this because against left spin defense, I find it best to try to destabilize it up to the TR and out.

Fantastic tests though! Girago Girago definitley seems to be as good as Flash!
Tests
Set Up
Segment Grip
Mars Red L/R
Red Grip Rubber
Black launcher Rubber
Angle Compass

MSF-F Barlo Girago BD145 R2F vs Saramanda^2 BD
Girago:13 (13 KO's)
Saramanda:7 (5 OS 2 Ko)
Can you do a benchmark please?
Nice tests Thunder Dome! But may I ask why you used BGrin? I believe Synchrome/Duo BGrin is only used to counter Dragooon (Excluding DF105LRF and GF). But I overall really like your tests.

EDIT: I am getting a Girago in about 3 weeks. I will be sure to do tests. Well, as long as this thread is still alive, hah.
(Feb. 06, 2013  3:10 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Fantastic tests though! Girago Girago definitley seems to be as good as Flash!

Would you please stop drawing conclusions from single sets of testing - usually it's just stating the obvious but in this case I want to point out that Flash did much better on the only track both were tested on. Sure, it could just be a height thing but that's the very nature of small amounts of testing and exactly why your "Okay I've seen one set of tests I'm going to make a sweeping statement about the parts" is bad. Cut it out.

(Feb. 06, 2013  3:42 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Tests
Set Up
Segment Grip
Mars Red L/R
Red Grip Rubber
Black launcher Rubber
Angle Compass

MSF-F Barlo Girago BD145 R2F vs Saramanda^2 BD
Girago:13 (13 KO's)
Saramanda:7 (5 OS 2 Ko)

1. Benchmarks?
2. How are you not getting 100% with an attacker against B: D and what was the point of using B: D in the first place. If you're going to post baffling tests, you need to explain them.
Photos are up! I can't really tell, does it retain its oval shape or is it more completely round/square??
Sorry about the last tests. I think these are some decent ones. I chose SR200 because of the height.
Gear
BB-10
Segment Grip
Red Grip rubber
Black Launcher rubber
Beylauncher R

Begirados Girago SR200 RF VS Saramanda Saramanda 230 CS

BG:14 (14 KO)
SS:6 (1 KO 5 OS)

Begirados Girago 70% Win Percentage

Benchmark
Why don't you try a normal set up like Balro Girago S130/CH120/AD145/W145 RF/R2F vs Saramanda Saramanda BD145/E230 CS/RDF/RB/RS?
I want to be able to find different ways to use Girago. I can post the BD145 tests later.
(Feb. 08, 2013  9:46 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I want to be able to find different ways to use Girago. I can post the BD145 tests later.

I can understand wanting to find different ways to use it, but you still need use top tier opponents for those results to be useful. Not opponents that put the combo you are testing at an advantage. No one is going to use a regular 230 Track in a defense combo. If they want a high defense combo they are going to use E230. If you want to stick with SR200 on Barlo Girago that's fine, just make sure it is vs something that is tiered.

Is there anyone that has Phoenic and Girago? I would love to see pics of that Synchrom, or at least someone to explain how it exposes Phoenic's contact points, if it even does.
I was having some informal test the other day when I was free and I found out Girago Saramanda GB145 MF do quite okay.
I am quite busy these day so can somebody test it formally please? thakns
(Mar. 17, 2013  11:57 AM)Tyler Le Wrote: I was having some informal test the other day when I was free and I found out Girago Saramanda GB145 MF do quite okay.
I am quite busy these day so can somebody test it formally please? thakns

Which combo was Girago Saramanda GB145MF tested against?
I do some matches with Diablo Aquario BD145 CS and some with Duo Cygnus Bd145 CS
Can someone test Girago Girago W105/W145 MF??

This combo did very well in the recent Indian tournament and won the 1st place using the w105.

I might order 2 girago's if they really are that good
(Feb. 08, 2013  10:49 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: Is there anyone that has Phoenic and Girago? I would love to see pics of that Synchrom, or at least someone to explain how it exposes Phoenic's contact points, if it even does.

I don't own both, but Bladerlight does. I saw them together at his house the other day, and it actually exposes girago incredibly well. If you were going to try to use it for smash, Phoenic might actually expose it better than Gryph, but I'm not sure. Smile
That was posted before I owned Girago, and when we thought Girago was an oval. I have since tried it and Girago Girago works much better.
(Apr. 30, 2013  10:35 PM)KainHighwind Wrote: That was posted before I owned Girago, and when we thought Girago was an oval. I have since tried it and Girago Girago works much better.

Ooohhh... Well, I don't have my second one yet, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for the tip! (I just noticed that the post was from a month ago.. Whoops. Tongue_out)
I think you should add balance Girago Girago SA165MF because it wasa tested and beat alot of things, but its one flaw was that it lost badly to attack types.