Getting into beyblade

Hello, I just got into beyblade for the first time and was told to visit here for help. I was needed to know what is the main difference in all the blades because they all look the same to me (except for the obvious plastic ones). And is there a tier list of beyblades I can see?
We do have top-tier lists called "Competitive Combos Lists" in all sub-sections of the Beyblade Customizations forum.

There are some rather obvious differences in all generations:
- Plastics are mostly all plastic with only a thin Weight Disk being made of metal;
- HMS, also part of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade generation like Plastics, are a stark variation because their Attack Ring now includes almost half metal, half plastic, and they are much smaller than Plastics;
- Metal Fight Beyblades' attacking part is made entirely of metal in most cases. That series also encompasses Zero-G, which has swaying stadiums, and it is the Beyblade series that has lasted the longest;
- Beyblade Burst products are back to mostly plastic, but the main attacking parts constitute of a translucid 'cover part' on top of some coloured plastic which sometimes protrudes from underneath. More importantly though: this toyline introduces a new way to win, Bursting, as each Beyblade is vulnerable to de-assembling after receiving hits. Therefore, battles are generally much shorter than in Metal Fight Beyblade already since Beyblades do not have the weight to spin for that long, and even then, Stamina battles risk getting interfered by a sudden Burst.

We also usually have a topic advising you on what to buy to be competitive for each generation.
(Mar. 02, 2017  3:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote: and it is the Beyblade series that has lasted the longest;

what do you mean by that?
Basically it means how long it has lasted for ( not sure if this is true) e.g metal fight lasted 5 years or plastic gen lasted 3 years
(Mar. 02, 2017  8:33 PM)Limetka Wrote: what do you mean by that?

Metal Fight Beyblade lastes one anime season longer than Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and overall longer.
(Mar. 02, 2017  8:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Metal Fight Beyblade lastes one anime season longer than Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and overall longer.

It looked like you were talking about zero-g, my bad.
Zero-G is Metal Fight Beyblade. All the same.