Get your graphics rated

Just a general topic in which you can post computer graphics/signatures/banners and get opinions on it from other members. Smile Or you can use it as a rate my signature topic.

How does my AMAZINGWONDERFULCUTE squid signature look? I was trying to create an abstract deep water effect.
The only thing that sticks out is how sharp some of the brush marks are like next to the eyes, but asides from that, it's really adorable but cool <3
The most recent Amored Core signature I did.
[Image: JunkardDog.jpg]

I give the squid ava and sig a 9/10. Really simple but nicely presented, I can't really find anything wrong with it.
Thank you!

TMRaven: I quite like the lighting you've used, but the overall concept is a little mixed. With better text and text placement, it would be much better. Smile
TMRaven, it would look better without the text Smile

Nice alice, I love the "oceanic feel"

Speaking of oceans lol, what do you guys think about this:
http://silver-kane.deviantart.com/art/Un...r-28519912
I know it's old, but it's the graphic I'm most proud of off all the ones I've made
Silver Kane Wrote:TMRaven, it would look better without the text Smile

I know it's old, but it's the graphic I'm most proud of off all the ones I've made

Wow, that looks amazing. Did you make it from scratch or are the 3d renders from somewhere else?

Great nonetheless! You did a great job of combining realism and abstract.
Alice Wrote:
Silver Kane Wrote:TMRaven, it would look better without the text Smile

Wow, that looks amazing. Did you make it from scratch or are the 3d renders from somewhere else?

Great nonetheless! You did a great job of combining realism and abstract.
Thanks Smile
3D render isn't by me, everything else is (including brushes)
I've made a lot of graphics, but I think out of my entire portfolio this piece is my favorite:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/a...GIBLE-.jpg

I did everything from scratch. The rings, the texture on the planet, everything. Looking back on it now the stars in the background look kinda sketchy and maybe the rings should be lower down on the planet, but I think for where I was at skill wise at the time I made this I did a pretty damn good job. I'm not sure when I made this, but I know it was at least a year ago.

Kane, I'd like your Underwater thing better if I could tell what the renders were supposed to be. I do like the sense of atmosphere in the piece though with the sort of murky water/lighting you used. Smile
Alice: I love it. <3 The only concern I have though is the sharpness on some of the brushes to the left of the signature, it's distracting. Other than that though it's awesome, everything just flows so well. 9/10.

TMRaven: It's a little all over. It looks nice, but I honestly can't tell whats going on. 6.5/10.

Silver Kane: Looks very nice. As I said with Alice's signature, I think this flows really well. My attention is really drawn to the middle and then I start looking around at the rest. The only problem I see with this is that the bottom portion is completely black, nothing is going on down there and it is a little distracting. I think if you had more gradually gone to black it would have been better. 7.5/10.

EDIT: Roan: Holy carp! Thats pretty sweet, it looks awesome. I can't find any flaws. 10/10 Smile
----------------------------------------

Anyways, here's some of my latest stuff. I didn't get too many opinions on this signature, except that it is awesome because it features Sheena from ToS (Silver Kane =P);
[Image: sheenasignatureepngoq5.png]

Last night my Mother asked me if I could make a sign for her that she could put on her desk at work to sell scarfs that she knitted. I wasn't feeling too creative last night, but this is what I came up with;
[Image: handknitscarfsssk9.th.png]
Thank you!

Roan: Wow, that's really awesome! My only complaint is the sharpness of the stars (they look too much like plain white pixels) but if you give them more of a glow, the whole piece would come together perfectly. Everything else is stunning.

Kei: The signature looks pretty good and I like the simplicity of it. I think the differing texts (Sheena and Amy) look a bit odd, I think it would be better to have just one word on there. I like the background too. Smile
Alice Wrote:Thank you!

Roan: Wow, that's really awesome! My only complaint is the sharpness of the stars (they look too much like plain white pixels) but if you give them more of a glow, the whole piece would come together perfectly. Everything else is stunning.

Kei: The signature looks pretty good and I like the simplicity of it. I think the differing texts (Sheena and Amy) look a bit odd, I think it would be better to have just one word on there. I like the background too. Smile

Thanks. Smile

I'd love to fix the stars but as my hard drive was wiped a while ago when I did a fresh install of Windows (I had a hard core virus and had no other choice), I lost the .psd so I can't edit it. Unhappy

Kei, I'm with Alice. The differing texts are distracting. The "Sheena" text is too transparent and not noticeable enough while the "Amy" text is too bold and in-your-face.

I like the ad you made for your mom though. However, I'd recommend toning down the vibrant colors a bit. Bright colors do attract the eye, but I think you have too many going on and it looks a little too... busy?
That's a shame Roan. D: I always forget to save the .psd's of carp.

---

[Image: Super-Mario-Galaxy.jpg]

Yes? No? carp?
the last one and the second one are amazing Gasp
Alice Wrote:That's a shame Roan. D: I always forget to save the .psd's of carp.

---

[Image: supermariogalaxyjj4.jpg]

Yes? No? carp?

Omg Alice, that's REALLY AWESOME.

You have to be using something besides Photoshop for this, because I've never seen an effect like this. lol

---

[Image: supermariogalaxyjj4.jpg]

Yes? No? carp?

damn

so sparkly
ЯOAN Wrote:Kane, I'd like your Underwater thing better if I could tell what the renders were supposed to be. I do like the sense of atmosphere in the piece though with the sort of murky water/lighting you used. Smile

It's not supposed to be anything lol, it's abstract. I usually don't try to make graphics "have a point" or whatever Tongue_out lol
You're so good Nic! I want to try photo manipulation too, can you point me to any tutorials?

---

The Mario signature is just the result of many layers of effects (rubbing out the bits that look rubbish), blending changes and smudging. I'm glad you like it. 8D

---

Yes? No? carp?

This just inspired me to make something. D:
Nic: Wow, those are really good! I like the third and last one especially.

This thread made me want to make something new. So here's what I've been working on between last night and now. Please tell me what you think!:

Sadly, I saved over this and lost the .psd file. D:
[Image: nmhsignatureepr7.png]

Here's the second version, which is what I used to save over the original by accident.
[Image: nmhsignatureverr2dz5.png]

...And this was just something random I made half way through making both of those. This is the screenshot I used for it, the rest of the effects are, for the most part, just copied from the first signature.
[Image: nmhminiisp6.png]

Those first two were the my first attempt at a "pop-out" or whatever you call them signature.

EDIT: Just noticed that there is a bit of stuff sticking out from the second one, I'll fix that.

---

carp thats amazing. Great Job!
Alice Wrote:[Image: Batman-for-Michael.jpg]

Curve the text, it's the only straight thing in a mess of curves so it looks like it doesn't belong.
what the carp these editing programs are a carp nightmare

honestly

carp off
Alice: Batman one is awesome, just do what Nic said. As for the Astro Boy one, the background looks nice, but it looks as if you've just pasted the render on top of it (except for a few of the beams of light coming from his arm). Having said that, it does look alright the way it is I think.

Anyone have any comments on my signatures? Look on the last post of the first page.