General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

I decided to start up Dragunities as my third deck, haha. Quite fun with the equips.
DREV is out? D:
Luckily I bought a DREV tin a few days ago then. Good stuff. :3
(Mar. 22, 2011  4:35 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Doesn't matter. If priority gets removed, the only way to win will be Exodia.

QFT. lol.

Roan's right though. Counter Traps will always be superior because of the speediness; not many people tech things in to stop them, aside from Judgment. Too bad I wasn't playing YGO during the time DREV first came out. Me not being able to get Warning at $20.00 = </3. lol.
(Mar. 22, 2011  4:38 AM)Pyro Wrote: Luckily I bought a DREV tin a few days ago then. Good stuff. :3

DREV Tin? Do you mean box or a tin containing a pack of DREV? As far as I know they don't have DREV Tins.
Either he means the SE box that comes with Gold Sarc or Drill Warrior, or he means one of the newer tins that comes with a DREV pack, like the Shooting Star or Red Nova tin.
Anyone know where I could find a not $40+ Infernity Barrier? Or better yet, three of them? I've been trying to make my deck better, but I don't have any at the moment. Any ideas at all?
Your best bet is to check eBay and try and win them at a low price in an auction. Other than that, you might be able to find someone at your locals who has them and values them less than that.
But, would the speed of the warning really be worth the 2000 LP?
Warning will negate things like a blackrose nuke, A gearframe search, etc where a Bottomless will not. Trap Stun can't be used to prevent the warning.

However, bottomless removes and Warning's 2000 LP cost is really hefty, it can possibly cost you the game if you aren't careful. It can also end up as a dead draw after the 2000 LP mark.

^ Those are the type of stuff that I'm thinking about.

Also, DREV being out of print (if it is) Isn't a really smart move for Konami is it? I mean, I would think that it's the set that's bought/needed the most next to STOR.
Can someone give me some background info on this website.
Booster pack-Ultra rare- Blackwing Elphin ofor like $3??
Trident Dragion for $5???
This website seems wrong if Trident Dragion if on $5
http://www.royugioh.com/shop/categories/Packs/Pack-52/
If u click on the cards for closeup, the cards are practically fake
(Mar. 24, 2011  1:05 AM)Killer Beafowl Wrote: Can someone give me some background info on this website.
Booster pack-Ultra rare- Blackwing Elphin ofor like $3??
Trident Dragion for $5???
This website seems wrong if Trident Dragion if on $5
http://www.royugioh.com/shop/categories/Packs/Pack-52/
If u click on the cards for closeup, the cards are practically fake

Nope. Trident Dragion is actually around $5.
(Mar. 23, 2011  10:38 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: But, would the speed of the warning really be worth the 2000 LP?
Warning will negate things like a blackrose nuke, A gearframe search, etc where a Bottomless will not. Trap Stun can't be used to prevent the warning.

However, bottomless removes and Warning's 2000 LP cost is really hefty, it can possibly cost you the game if you aren't careful. It can also end up as a dead draw after the 2000 LP mark.

Definitely worth the 2000 LP. The thing though is most people run the Warnings, which are complimented by two Bottomless Trap Holes anyway; Sabers are given more support because we have our own mini-Warning, Saber Hole.

And since a lot of meta Decks revolve around using the Graveyard as a vault of Cards, Bottomless's removal effect is good, but even then, it'll never be as good as a Counter Trap because Counter Traps are the fastest way to disrupt your opponent.
I said that. It was modified(my post) but it was before u posted...?
(Mar. 22, 2011  7:34 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: Either he means the SE box that comes with Gold Sarc or Drill Warrior, or he means one of the newer tins that comes with a DREV pack, like the Shooting Star or Red Nova tin.

Ah sorry, yeah I meant the tins that come with a DREV packs. I was confused because the picture on the DREV pack was the same one on the tin.

Anyways, I went to 401 to sell stuff. And they offered $1 for Ancient Fairy Dragon...
I know it's not worth that much...but $1...? Seriously? Haha.
(Mar. 23, 2011  10:38 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: But, would the speed of the warning really be worth the 2000 LP?

^ Those are the type of stuff that I'm thinking about.

OK then, in that case, you answered your own question.

The simplest way that Warning > Bottomless is all about the wording of the cards: Warning negates summons entirely, so effects can't be activated, and if its a card like Chaos Sorcerer, that card cannot later be Monster Reborn'd or revived in any way because it wasn't successfully summoned.

Bottomless removing things from the game is cool, but in the grand scheme of things, it's also pretty negligible. The only real cases where I can think of that being very useful is against cards like Machina Fortress, which are able to bring themselves back from the graveyard.

Yes, the 2000 LP is hefty, but that's what makes the card fair. Technically, Trap Stun CAN be used to prevent a Solemn Warning, if it's activated before you summon the monster, which is always the safer play anyway and how you should be playing Trap Stun to begin with.
All right, thanks for giving me your input. (:
So basically with priority being removed, bottomless gets better, but still isn't better than warning?

And Stanley, they have to buy it at that price to gain profit. Don't sell cards to card shops unless you really have to.
(Mar. 25, 2011  12:35 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: So basically with priority being removed, bottomless gets better, but still isn't better than warning?

No. Priority getting removed makes everything except Exodia unplayable.
So, you're saying that Exodia might be a Tier Zero deck after priority is removed? And that Scraps, Infernities, LSS, and the like won't even be up to the challenge? Just clarifying here.
(Mar. 25, 2011  12:50 AM)Odin Wrote: So, you're saying that Exodia might be a Tier Zero deck after priority is removed? And that Scraps, Infernities, LSS, and the like won't even be up to the challenge? Just clarifying here.

Daegor was making a joke in reference to the fact that everyone says priority is getting removed, when it's just the priority of Ignition effect monsters.
(Mar. 25, 2011  1:04 AM)Roan Wrote: Daegor was making a joke in reference to the fact that everyone says priority is getting removed, when it's just the priority of Ignition effect monsters.

Acutally, it's the ability of ignition effects being able to respond to their own summon being removed. Still nothing to do with priority.

On another note, the Gold Series 4 packaging looks weird.
[Image: GLD4-BoosterEN.jpg]
Have they announced what's in the set yet?
T^T 1-2, Sabers vs. Fish OTK

I need to do my research some more; Fish OTK doesn't really have any Traps, and I feared the guy's face down for nothing. lol, the guy I played against actually was the winner of three recent Vancouver regionals. I'm happy I left a dent in his record. *Kisses Naturia Beast*
Does anyone know what time sign ups for Regionals usually start? The site doesn't say anything and I forget T_T If I don't find out I'm gonna be a sad, sad boy tomorrow ha.
Regionals usually start at 11 AM, so the registration will probably go from like 8 or 9 AM to 10 AM.

My advice to you would be to get there early as there's likely to be A LOT of people there and you could be waiting in line for a while.
Yeah I remember being in line for registration for about a half hour. I'm just gonna leave at 7 to be safe so I can get there at a good time, register, get some last minute things, and just calm down before I go into a spaz attack XD
Today, one of my friends gave me his Black Brutdrago that he didn't want/need. I was so happy...

And then I remembered that I gave my Tuned Magician to a friend that moved away... T.T
For the Gold Series 4, how in the world are they going to fit cards in a triangular prism...?