General Health Thread

I should really look into that. I have space problems, but I could probably move them around. Thanks!
I don't think my amune system is very good as I get sick so easily, The only exercise I get is from 2 hours of sport on Tuesdays(soccor) for school, it's very tiring and when I go on my bike around my block 8 times or such. every now and then in the week. Oh and running.
(Apr. 30, 2009  3:32 AM)Raykon Wrote: I don't think my amune system is very good as I get sick so easily, The only exercise I get is from 2 hours of sport on Tuesdays(soccor) for school, it's very tiring and when I go on my bike around my block 8 times or such. every now and then in the week. Oh and running.

How much do you generally eat? Sounds like your calorie intake could be low.
Um, I usualy have toast for breakfast every day, sometimes weet-bix and for recess I have like carp, umm lunch tuna sandwich Joyful_3 and for dinner just anything, meat, potato and pea's ^^ and for dessert I have passion fruit(the fruit >_>) yeah. I weigh 42kg which is 92.4 lbs ... I am 160cm or something tall.
(Apr. 30, 2009  3:30 AM)G Wrote: I should really look into that. I have space problems, but I could probably move them around. Thanks!

They aren't that big at all. As well, they are pretty much immediately beside the actual bench part of the whole apparatus, so it's not like they extend farther than the actual bar itself.
I've started running in gym class, since we have to do heartrate monitors every wed. and fri. anyway. We only have to get our heartrate above 145 and only for 25 min. How long should I be going instead? Last time I went for 35 minutes and averaged at 179, I think. (Proves how outta shape I am, my max heartrate was 202 Tired)
my school makes me go up and down 8 flights of stais 3 times a day.plus gym and gym enrichment. but im over weight.please dont make fun of me. i weigh 159.im 5.4.im working out and starving myself to lose weight
Going up stairs keeps your heartrate up, though. I'm 5.3 and weigh about 95 lbs. I think, I haven't checked lately.
oh yeah i forgot we have football in school.i got hit in about every place you can imagine
How long should I be running?
(Apr. 29, 2009  6:00 AM)Deikailo Wrote: From my knowledge, yes, this is how you build muscle. You keep at it, even when you're sore. Just know your limits. If you're aching like crazy, then you back off. Just a little tinge and you're fine.

holy carp how did i miss this. no no no no no

you should not be lifting multiple days in a row, even if you feel as though it's a better work out. your muscles need time to rest and repair after you've lifted--if you keep lifting, it will only hinder your progress (especially when you're still relatively young). you should be lifting every other day, and yes, each day should target a different area (like mon. legs, wed. upper boddy, friday back, sunday core etc etc).
when you say lifting every other day...

isn't it okay if you like, do arms one day, then legs another, then arms the next day?

on a more personal note..
man, i wish i was still in high school. gym class kept me in shape.. now i have to motivate myself to go to the gym. ahhhhh i need a partner to help me stay on it.
biking is killing me but it's so fun
Not sure pichu Uncertain

(May. 01, 2009  5:42 AM)Baronrana Wrote: when you say lifting every other day...

isn't it okay if you like, do arms one day, then legs another, then arms the next day?

on a more personal note..
man, i wish i was still in high school. gym class kept me in shape.. now i have to motivate myself to go to the gym. ahhhhh i need a partner to help me stay on it.

You can do something like:
Monday: Biceps
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Triceps

Quote:biking is killing me but it's so fun
I'd bike a lot, but I had quit getting bikes because they kept getting stolen (funny, but sad).
I've been loads of carp lately so I decided to eat more healthily. The past week i've had meals such as Salad with salmon and potato. Also, I have cut down on sugery things like chocolate. I hope this will make me a more healthy person. Smile
I just finished my 3rd set of 21's, and I must say it's one of the best feelings on my arms. Has anyone tried this before? If you haven't I suggest you do!
(May. 01, 2009  3:52 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: I've been loads of carp lately so I decided to eat more healthily. The past week i've had meals such as Salad with salmon and potato. Also, I have cut down on sugery things like chocolate. I hope this will make me a more healthy person. Smile
It's a start, but if you really want to be healthy, you have to learn how to eat healthily. Just winging it isn't going to help--look up some diets appropriate for your age range and give those a try.

G - 21s rock.
(May. 15, 2009  7:09 PM)G Wrote: I just finished my 3rd set of 21's, and I must say it's one of the best feelings on my arms. Has anyone tried this before? If you haven't I suggest you do!

The pump feels pretty damn awesome.

I do some work on my Arms and Shoulders, usually like 5 Sets of 10-15 reps on each arm with like 10kg's, then do some Pushups to work the chest, want to get a proper bench to work the chest more but i'm broke atm.
About 21's, can it work with just one dumbbell? I don't have a barbell right now and I'd really like trying this for a while.
Haven't been to the gym ever since I got my job =/
Got a new work out routine

Day 1: Four sets of 30 push ups and single arm triceps extensions.
Day 2: Three sets of bicep curls w/ dumbbells and barbell and 3 sets of pullups/chinups
Day 3: Crunches, side planks and reverse crunches
Day 4: Dead lift, Lunges
has anyone ever ran the beep test? what's your best score on it? x)
i got 10.0 today.
I think i got like 11.3 on the beep test, that was when i was heaps fit and playing rugby league lol.
i've never seen anyone get past 11 :\ nice job.
(May. 20, 2009  8:29 PM)KoD Wrote: About 21's, can it work with just one dumbbell? I don't have a barbell right now and I'd really like trying this for a while.
Haven't been to the gym ever since I got my job =/

just saw this
i don't see why you can't take turns with each arm,
just make sure its even, thats gonna be the hardest part.
i'm going to try it on friday =)
If you get 20, you complete the beep test, correct?
my stomach is getting round what do i do