General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

(Oct. 27, 2011  2:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote: In other words, someone could think they are in Hong Kong and "legally leak" the Beyblades alone to make more profit, hah.

Rarely happens in the case of US distribution, though. If it happens at all, it'd be a more "official" release - with its own packaging. It'd have to be, really, given the packaging method used for the US game-exclusive releases.
In HK I have seen some fake products sold as Hasbro Metal Fusion products.
(Oct. 27, 2011  3:20 AM)JCx06 Wrote: In HK I have seen some fake products sold as Hasbro Metal Fusion products.

Hah. I was just outside the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul and a vendor was selling fake hasbro beyblades. He got quite upset when I pointed out that they were fake, and that he should be ashamed of himself for selling shoddy fake toys to unsuspecting kids...
they had LR spins, and they have the kerbecs graffiti instead of the name of the bey. there were also 4 packs with launcher grips and 10 tracks/bottoms. then there was a "wbba double launcher" which is like a duotron launcher but for mfb. The whole street would be real mad if i pointed out that it was fake, cuz then they would be out of business, hah. But I do think that they know that it's fake, and they were sold at around 1 dollar (canadian) for a starter pack (blade + launcher). Hasbro should have more care. Uncertain
I find it funny that Toywiz progresses with a guise of false professionalism and think they are doing people favors by having unconfirmed items on their Beyblade section. It's like they have no clue that Coro Coro was given the role to confirm Japanese releases properly. You may disagree with what I say here but if we cannot have leaked images who really should?
(Oct. 27, 2011  4:22 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: I find it funny that Toywiz progresses with a guise of false professionalism and think they are doing people favors by having unconfirmed items on their Beyblade section. It's like they have no clue that Coro Coro was given the role to confirm Japanese releases properly. You may disagree with what I say here but if we cannot have leaked images who really should?

Those come from TAKARA-TOMY's catalogue of upcoming releases for the next 'semester' or whatever. So, they are "confirmed" even though we have no idea what the names of anything are, but as I mentioned a few days ago, stores are really not supposed to upload pictures from that catalogue, especially this early.
(Oct. 27, 2011  4:22 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: I find it funny that Toywiz progresses with a guise of false professionalism and think they are doing people favors by having unconfirmed items on their Beyblade section. It's like they have no clue that Coro Coro was given the role to confirm Japanese releases properly. You may disagree with what I say here but if we cannot have leaked images who really should?

They've done this a lot with other types of items, actually, so it's not surprising. Any time a Pokemon item is announced or leaked, for example, they've always got a picture of it.

It's an effective business strategy and they rarely get in trouble for it.
I really dislike how you are all, in this topic and in another one, criticising Toywiz in such a blinded way. Usually it is known that the catalogue is supposed to remain secret, especially the pictures in it, but they uploaded them, and I really have no idea why your first thought is that they took that Hong Kong seller's images and edited out his username.

Toywiz and us just collaborated together for an awesome tour of events in the United States and they proved that they were really friendly and generous. Can you believe in them once in a while, from now on ?
(Oct. 27, 2011  7:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I really dislike how you are all, in this topic and in another one, criticising Toywiz in such a blinded way. Usually it is known that the catalogue is supposed to remain secret, especially the pictures in it, but they uploaded them, and I really have no idea why your first thought is that they took that Hong Kong seller's images and edited out his username.

Toywiz and us just collaborated together for an awesome tour of events in the United States and they proved that they were really friendly and generous. Can you believe in them once in a while, from now on ?

You interacted with the human side of the company, not the business side.

At their roots, their goal is money. That's why most of their items are ludicrously overpriced, their shipping fees are unreasonable, etc.

It's nice that the people behind the money machine are friendly and cooperative, but the simple fact is that they're a business. They have wonderful customer support, and I adore the company - I've thrown quite a lot of money into Toywiz's cold, love-free embrace - but that doesn't make bad or unethical decision of theirs any less bad or unethical. It is an absolute fact that they should not have these images yet. Them being nice, friendly people does not change reality.
But they did not take them from the Hong Kong seller, they did not edit them, and they are not putting up releases that are not confirmed, just things that have no real names yet but they rarely do put the whole names anyway. None of those things are bad or unethical, and it grew from people's mind here.
(Oct. 27, 2011  7:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: But they did not take them from the Hong Kong seller, they did not edit them, and they are not putting up releases that are not confirmed, just things that have no real names yet but they rarely do put the whole names anyway. None of those things are bad or unethical, and it grew from people's mind here.

Aren't the images still "leaks" considerably well ahead of their intended release time, though? That in and of itself is often frowned upon. If they had permission to use the images, the images would be un-blocked, probably much higher resolution, etc.

Moreover, they still have the text on them, which still points at the images having been taken from a separate third party.

Again, let me indicate that I have a good deal of respect for this company, but this is still the sort of thing that isn't often well-received by parent companies.
I have to agree with Hazel and I do appreciate Toywiz, but that doesn't mean I'm a 100% a fan of their prices.

Some collectors items shouldn't really be worth more than $20 in retrospect. Especially out of the box, completely loose.
You two really do not understand.

Firstly, Codeine Extorts, this discussion has nothing to do with their prices at all.

Secondly, what appears in TAKARA-TOMY's catalogue is exactly what you see on Toywiz. The Japanese text is over the images in the catalogue as well, because it probably says that the picture is just a render and could vary in reality when it gets released.
Yes, companies and stores that receive TAKARA-TOMY's catalogue should know that those pictures should not be revealed ahead of time, but the releases are totally confirmed, just un-named, and the images are real, not borrowed or stolen from anybody.
(Oct. 27, 2011  9:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You two really do not understand.

Firstly, Codeine Extorts, this discussion has nothing to do with their prices at all.

Secondly, what appears in TAKARA-TOMY's catalogue is exactly what you see on Toywiz. The Japanese text is over the images in the catalogue as well, because it probably says that the picture is just a render and could vary in reality when it gets released.
Yes, companies and stores that receive TAKARA-TOMY's catalogue should know that those pictures should not be revealed ahead of time, but the releases are totally confirmed, just un-named, and the images are real, not borrowed or stolen from anybody.

Putting the images up before they've been officially released is my point, though.

Moreover, unless Toywiz discovered the images themselves(ie: TT leaked them directly to Toywiz), which they did not, Toywiz is in fact using images they found somewhere else.

I am not claiming the images aren't official - I know they are. I never once said that there was any possibility these were not real images of real products. That much is obvious. But, they have not been publically released and Toywiz should not have them up for exactly that reason.

I believe you are the one misunderstanding me, here.
Who cares? If Toywiz can get away with publishing them, let them. This is a Beyblade news board; you should be happy to get early info.

BTW, saw the new Beyblades at NYCC, they suck. You're all gonna hate Hasbro to death for this.
(Oct. 27, 2011  9:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Who cares? If Toywiz can get away with publishing them, let them. This is a Beyblade news board; you should be happy to get early info.

BTW, saw the new Beyblades at NYCC, they suck. You're all gonna hate Hasbro to death for this.

Oh boy... Better not show Rai.

And I agree with Brad, early news is a good thing. So you don't have to wait forever to find out information.
(Oct. 27, 2011  9:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: BTW, saw the new Beyblades at NYCC, they suck. You're all gonna hate Hasbro to death for this.

Which ones? We'd heard about what they're thinking of doing with 4D Metal Wheels, but what specifically are you talking about?
(Oct. 27, 2011  9:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Who cares? If Toywiz can get away with publishing them, let them. This is a Beyblade news board; you should be happy to get early info.

You mean the Metal Fury beys? If so, are the modes the less-performing ones?

let me guess there merged renamed and they all in the worse modes
Sorry I don't have detailed info. Just very weird and ugly looking. Nice packaging tho.
(Oct. 27, 2011  11:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sorry I don't have detailed info. Just very weird and ugly looking. Nice packaging tho.

Nice packaging is always good. Smile

Eh, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the new beys turn out.
(Oct. 27, 2011  11:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sorry I don't have detailed info. Just very weird and ugly looking. Nice packaging tho.

Can you give details on packaging? Colors, box, etc. Also is the 4D metal wheel just one wheel?
(Oct. 27, 2011  11:49 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
Also is the 4D metal wheel just one wheel?

He says he doesn't have detailed information. Speechless

Are they the "overall" same design as the 4d beyblades or different? Why would you say weird if they were the same "overall look" as their takara counterparts.....unless they made a whole new mold for the metal wheel instead of just fusing the parts together.....
(Oct. 27, 2011  11:58 PM)Meow! Wrote:

Are they the "overall" same design as the 4d beyblades or different? Why would you say weird if they were the same "overall look" as their takara counterparts.....unless they made a whole new mold for the metal wheel instead of just fusing the parts together.....

He did say he had no details. How do you take from that "I can ask questions about details, and he can answer them!"?