General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

(Jun. 21, 2012  9:43 PM)L-Lugia90RF Wrote:
There IS rubber on the Core.
Video belongs to legendarydeck

Are you sure this is real?

True, but at least we get to see it.
Truth be told, I want to buy this regardless of the changes.
He also reviewed a Fang Leone. Fang's underside looked somewhat hollow though.
I want to say it's German. A lot of the little words I seem to be able to identify, but I think I'm incorrect. Only German voice I'm used to is my German teacher.

EDIT: Yeah, it's German
(Jun. 21, 2012  9:47 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Ich sprekken nicht zie...
Wait, what language is that?

German.
So it doesn't come with a secret Final Survive like I hoped.
Pinching_eyes_2 I knew it wouldn't, but there's always hope, haha.

Very nice, I'm liking the printed face! Looks great.
The "energy ring" (can't recall what LDD's top part is called) doesn't look to have any changes. I don't own LDD, so I can't tell if there's a difference on the Core, is there? Doesn't look like it, but I could be wrong.

@TriSix
It's real dawg. Hasbro logo and it looks like the official packaging.
Looks pretty good, I don't see any changes on the Metal Frame.
Wait, he also got Vulcan Horuseus!
It came painted black!
WHAAAAAT?!
He also got Cosmic Pegasus and Fang too?! Lucky guy! Can't wait for Metal Fury now. :3
I'm much jelly of this man and his fancy German. Uncertain He got such a good pile.
I'd LOVE to see how much Cosmic and Fang weigh.
It's funny to me how Leone II is the proper color, while Pegasus III isn't translucent.
I'm really loving those faces... Me gusta printed faces.
And wasn't Leone II supposed to be different colored as well? I mean I know the lighting is different in stock photos, but damn, that's quite a big difference.

Printed faces are amazing. I only have two, and I love them so much more than the other faces.
Besides the "Fusion Wheel" being a slightly different blue and the rubber being recoloured, there appears to be no change.
Stilllll not sure if Destructor has rubber or not... I'm really hoping it doesn't, as the rubber on LDD/LDG is pretty detrimental to their performance.

Fang's edges look hollow but Takara's is hollow too so no big deal there. Cosmic, well, we'll have to wait for weights.

Kinda annoying that he didn't show the part most of us were interested in, the underside, but oh well.
There are two slightly different blues, suggesting that it does but not proving it.
On watching the video more thoroughly, I'm starting to think it's rubber, given the way he's poking it (and talking about rubber, basically), though he could be comparing it to the original, between that and the two colours thing, I'm leaning towards it being rubber.

Kinda hoping someone who's fluent in german will come along and clear it up.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure he says that the rubber on Destroy is red, while on this one it is blue, or something along those lines, and later on talking about the modes, I'm pretty sure he says "when the rubber is here, it's in absorb mode" but my german is very basic so that's heavily, heavily paraphrased and should not be taken as a reliable source.
Methinks the color change indicates a different firmness of rubber is used, if it is, good on Hasbro then.
Hey, didn't think of that. How exactly will that effect it performance-wise?
Without Rubber, not sure how, but according to a bunch of people it'll help it, not sure how myself. If it's firmer it might help as well, but I'm not sure.
(Jun. 21, 2012  11:42 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Without Rubber, not sure how, but according to a bunch of people it'll help it, not sure how myself. If it's firmer it might help as well, but I'm not sure.

To put it simply, rubber is like a soft cushion. If someone hits you, a cushion will protect you by absorbing part of the impact. In the reverse situation, well, I'll let you judge if it's more effective to punch someone with your fist or with your cushion. Harder rubber just means your cushion is thicker and more firm, absorbs less, but hits harder.
Hasbro likely molded it with the same density rubber as the rest of their rubber parts, which is usually slightly softer than Takara-Tomy and Sono-Kong's, creating even more of a "cushion." Notable examples being RF's, R145's, R2F's, L-Drago II, RS, etc. So if the rubber is softer, that quality could make it better for equalizing.
Here are the Cosmic Pegasis and Fang Leone unboxings, for anyone that needs them.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plpp&v=91nSpx4S8vo
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qMIACSKiges

I'm glad the Leone II Clear Wheel is the same color, it looked way different in the pictures.
Maybe because Toywiz has been lacking on the picture quality these days.

But holy carp does Cosmic look.... Absolutely new. Guess Takara got trolled with these new parts haha. That isn't said in a bad way I hope these are ten times better than their TAKARA counterparts. XD
(Jun. 22, 2012  12:34 AM)Carly R. Jepsen Wrote: Hasbro likely molded it with the same density rubber as the rest of their rubber parts, which is usually slightly softer than Takara-Tomy and Sono-Kong's, creating even more of a "cushion." Notable examples being RF's, R145's, R2F's, L-Drago II, RS, etc. So if the rubber is softer, that quality could make it better for equalizing.

Rubber for equalizing is very overrated. The massive negative impact it has on LDD/LDG's life after death is nowhere near worth the small increase in efficiency, especially for LDG which has a very round perimeter anyway. It also reduces their ability to KO things, and given that is most spin stealing/equalising attacker's only way of winning against stamina types on equal or lower tracks, rubber isn't good there either.

LDG's version of the core already has softer rubber than LDD anyway.

That does look a lot more hollow than the original Fang Leone :

[Image: hasbrofangleoneundersid.jpg] [Image: fangleoneunderside.jpg]

First picture from legendarydeck (Hasbro Fang), second from kyoganken (TAKARA-TOMY Fang).

I told you guys that Hasbro were unlikely to make them heavier and therefore much better ...
Let's just wait for someone to upload weights before we say for sure that Hasbro's Fang is lighter (though given the mode, it doesn't make a big difference). And even then, it doesn't tell us about others in the line, even if it is a strong indication.