General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

I am estatic about the potential for new Beyblade releases (or hell, even just re-releases), but I seriously doubt they'd release plastic Beyblades this soon after metal ones. I'd imagine there'd be a lot of kids who think the two were supposed to be able to battle each other, and upon the plastics breaking there'd be a lot of angry parents leaving bad reviews for the plastics on online retailers.
I have a strange feeling this is going to be plastics/hms released as mfb
While I have no idea what it will actually be, I'm actually kind of hoping for Metal System, since I missed out on it in the beginning and they are becoming relevant again in Limited. It would actually make me angrier than Metal Fury did if they just rereleased the Legend Series that filled in between Season 1 and 2 of MFB.
(Feb. 18, 2014  1:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: While I have no idea what it will actually be, I'm actually kind of hoping for Metal System, since I missed out on it in the beginning and they are becoming relevant again in Limited. It would actually make me angrier than Metal Fury did if they just rereleased the Legend Series that filled in between Season 1 and 2 of MFB.

If you think about it, more or less, Metal Fury was essentially a Legend Series for 4D.

More on topic, that would be really upsetting if it were the old Legend series, but I'd doubt it, since he mentioned from all the Beyblade source.
(Feb. 18, 2014  1:44 AM)Leone19 Wrote: More on topic, that would be really upsetting if it were the old Legend series, but I'd doubt it, since he mentioned from all the Beyblade source.

I don't know if you guys noticed, but he said "Beyblade series" not "source" haha.
(Feb. 18, 2014  1:53 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  1:44 AM)Leone19 Wrote: More on topic, that would be really upsetting if it were the old Legend series, but I'd doubt it, since he mentioned from all the Beyblade source.

I don't know if you guys noticed, but he said "Beyblade series" not "source" haha.

I missed that completely, haha. In my defense, it was hard to understand him with the camera/talking in the background.

I'm getting nervous is Wave III is going to be the end of Shogun Steel, I mean it's mid February and we've had no confirmation or really even rumors of more waves.
"source" is also what L-Pegasus Blader reported.
If Hasbro has plans for a new series whilst advertising Beyraiderz, does this mean Hasbro won't be releasing Wyvang or Balro?

And there better not be some idiot (the best I can go) scolding me for my question above!
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:23 AM)BladerPharmist Wrote: If Hasbro has plans for a new series whilst advertising Beyraiderz, does this mean Hasbro won't be releasing Wyvang or Balro?

And there better not be some dinkweed scolding me for my question above!

And try to improve your vocabulary.
I think that this Legends series is too good to be true. I wish to see the day of Dragoon MSUV for $10 at Toys R Us, but I'll wait and see.
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:36 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:23 AM)BladerPharmist Wrote: If Hasbro has plans for a new series whilst advertising Beyraiderz, does this mean Hasbro won't be releasing Wyvang or Balro?

I think that this Legends series is too good to be true. I wish to see the day of Dragoon MSUV for $10 at Toys R Us, but I'll wait and see.

If I have to use the term 'fellas' or nothing at all then thats not acceptable AT ALL and also a Dragoon MSUV? A re-encarnation (I don't want any...ugh 'fellas' (there, happy now?) telling me I can't spell) or a remake?
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:49 AM)BladerPharmist Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:36 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:

If I have to use the term 'fellas' or nothing at all then thats not acceptable AT ALL and also a Dragoon MSUV? A re-encarnation (I don't want any...ugh 'fellas' (there, happy now?) telling me I can't spell) or a remake?

He probably asked you to "improve you vocabulary" since dinkweed isn't exactly the nicest thing to call another member.

He probably means a re-release of Plastics/HMS, since that's what we've been discussing the Legend Series could be.
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:54 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:49 AM)BladerPharmist Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:36 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: And try to improve your vocabulary.

He probably asked you to "improve you vocabulary" since dinkweed isn't exactly the nicest thing to call another member.

He probably means a re-release of Plastics/HMS, since that's what we've been discussing the Legend Series could be.

Fine, I'll improve on my vocab but you BETTER not make me use terms like 'fellas' because thats STUPID. I'm also not going to say nothing at all because thats just a predictable idea.

Back on topic, if it's a re-release of plastics/HMS the awesome but unlikely. It better not have anything to do with those Legend Bladers who just make things boring...yes that includes Titi because he's not that cool, in fact I dislike him and I also dislike Chris because Chris is overatted. But yeah lets hope its a generation tupe of thing and not things like Legend Bladers or ancestors.
New Idea: all of the important/interesting bladers from every series competing in a very prolonged world championship with some underlying threat (o wait, that would be season 3 of bakuten shoot (grevolution) with like 20 more characters and a hundred more half hour battles)
(Feb. 18, 2014  3:33 AM)Time Wrote: New Idea: all of the important/interesting bladers from every series competing in a very prolonged world championship with some underlying threat (o wait, that would be season 3 of bakuten shoot (grevolution) with like 20 more characters and a hundred more half hour battles)

Actually, this is Hasbro announcing something, not Nelvana, so you have to think of the toys before anything else. Therefore, releasing the Beyblades of the characters you mentioned makes no sense, since they are not meant to compete together at all and therefore offer no resistance sometimes.
If they did anything related to Plastics, I'd assume HMS, since they're mainly able to battle MFB's without breaking. I know they're not meant to face eachother, but if they were to do anything along the lines of Plastics, it may make the most sense- especially with what Ingulit posted.
I would never battle my precious HMS with my MFBs. Even if it is a rerelease haha.
MFB reincarnated to HMS or Plastics or vice versa would definatly be amazing Grin
OK, so my colleague finally had his Habro tour and pressed the Beyblade PR person manning the area. Unfortunately he didn't get much.

"PR people only knew that Legends is coming in the fall and will have all characters represented. No more details."

Which is pretty much what we already know.
(Feb. 18, 2014  12:55 PM)Naijalak Wrote: OK, so my colleague finally had his Habro tour and pressed the Beyblade PR person manning the area. Unfortunately he didn't get much.

"PR people only knew that Legends is coming in the fall and will have all characters represented. No more details."

Which is pretty much what we already know.

Either they're being really tight-lipped about it or don't know much.

I'm still surprised they wouldn't put a Fall 2014 product for show
I'm at least glad they haven't taken the falling sales of Beyblades as a failure, and are at least trying to pick up interest in the main line again.
Actually, as I posted in the Beyblade's current state in Japan topic, it is the sales of all the hobby toys that have decreased, not just Beyblade. Christmas sales were down for everything in the western countries too. What companies need to do is to concentrate on their best big lines.
Very true. We reported that Hasbro's "Boys" line alone was down 22% from the previous year. They mostly attribute that to declining sales in Beyblade and lack of major entertainment releases during the year.

Luckily they've at least met the previous year's levels with an increase of Magic the Gathering sales, which was up 20%. Their "Girls" line rose 26% thanks to lines like MLP and NERF Rebelle. Games were up 10%, which is pretty surprising, though always makes me happy.

Hasbro seems to be making a big push on MtG and Dungeons & Dragons according to their Investor Update.
What you mean the actual serious/competitive games did well?

If only beyblade had the potential to be an actual serious competitive game instead of just a kids toy - it might even do well for them.

If only. Serious
(Feb. 18, 2014  4:36 PM)th!nk Wrote: What you mean the actual serious/competitive games did well?

If only beyblade had the potential to be an actual serious competitive game instead of just a kids toy - it might even do well for them.

If only. Serious

It has the potential; it's main issues (outside of Asia, at least) seem to be advertising and, really, official events. We had one World Championships, a few series of TRU events, and a Beywarriors Demo at Kmart that no one heard about, until I posted about it the day after.

Not to mention the WBBA's age limit of 13, without any exceptions for older players; which really is upsetting.
(Feb. 18, 2014  4:40 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Not to mention the WBBA's age limit of 13, without any exceptions for older players; which really is upsetting.

So true. When I heard of the World Championships, I got so excited, but then I heard of the age limit, and it was so upsetting. I think I was about 14-15 at the time; I had just missed the age cutoff. Were the 2004 WCs age restricted?