General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

The "good" old folks at Hasbro seem to have decided upon themselves to needlessly remold existing parts and cast all new ones. This reminds me all too much of the random carp Bandai America tends to pull with existing Bandai Japan molds... It's baffling, really.
(Feb. 22, 2010  10:24 PM)stormpegasus Wrote: he said that the tournaments will start up right away

I heard you the first time...
(Feb. 22, 2010  10:11 PM)firelord767 Wrote: Am i the only one who likes Opaque Wheels?

Opaque can be good, but snot green isn't good.
(Feb. 22, 2010  10:24 PM)The LVJ Wrote: The "good" old folks at Hasbro seem to have decided upon themselves to needlessly remold existing parts and cast all new ones. This reminds me all too much of the random carp Bandai America tends to pull with existing Bandai Japan molds... It's baffling, really.

You mean the launchers? or the Beys? The snot green light wheel is the best, my opponent will too afraid of catching a cold from playing me, and forfeit. BTW did anyone else notice that the dragon winders are actually properly oriented for Left?
(Feb. 22, 2010  10:24 PM)The LVJ Wrote: The "good" old folks at Hasbro seem to have decided upon themselves to needlessly remold existing parts and cast all new ones. This reminds me all too much of the random carp Bandai America tends to pull with existing Bandai Japan molds... It's baffling, really.

Um not really. There is a variety of reasons why they'd change things. If they permanently change molds of the Beyblades themselves (which I've yet to see them do to this line) it's because they wouldn't pass US toy laws, which are harder then Japan's. For launcher modifications, it's simply to allow for more ease of use. Any secondary products they make, like the Reactor Chamber, were likely only made so that the line can have more shelf space, and have comparable support toys such as that certain other anime property from Nelvana.
(Feb. 22, 2010  11:17 PM)To Wrote: Um not really. There is a variety of reasons why they'd change things. If they permanently change molds of the Beyblades themselves (which I've yet to see them do to this line) it's because they wouldn't pass US toy laws, which are harder then Japan's. For launcher modifications, it's simply to allow for more ease of use. Any secondary products they make, like the Reactor Chamber, were likely only made so that the line can have more shelf space, and have comparable support toys such as that certain other anime property from Nelvana.

I definitely understand your point, but I meant to focus on the pointless changes. I wasn't addressing good things like the beylauncher handle. Take a look at the myriad of launchers. Look closely at the orange one and right launchers; they have added detail. Hasbro seems to have fashioned its own left launcher which is to be included with L-Drago. That is a positive. I never addressed the stadiums. I know about the safety standards.

Filler product is never an issue as long it has it has its use and doesn't clutter shelf space and limit the availability of the main line. Bandai of America is notorious for doing this.
I saw the video and its probably got to be the largest source of information about the metal fusion beyblades we have.

So if i understand this right they are using different molds for the american beyblades? so would that mean they weight less also?
I love that the Launchers have stickers on them depicting the Beys they come with, and they come in more colors. But the L-Drago launcher just looks like the old Left Launchers from the Plastic Generation.
None of the beys have been modified, as far as we know. Only accessories and stadiums...
(Feb. 22, 2010  11:39 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: I love that the Launchers have stickers on them depicting the Beys they come with
yeah i also thought that was awsome but i can only imagin it haveing a storm pegasus launcher with my storm pegasus when i buy it omg i just cant wait
I'd say the new portable stadium is better than the old one.
Idk, I think the new portable stadium is fine, just don't like the top/wall piece. But, you could blade on the top; could be fun! I like that the old portable stadium can have the panels removed, can this be done with the new portable stadium?
The new Portable Stadium has won me over because of my BeyLunch plan and BeyLunch alone. Well, it DOES look a little less flat than the G-Revolution MOBILE GEAR Stadium, which is a plus.

And i didn't notice any pannels... just low walls. Very low walls Libruhhh.

EDIT:
(Feb. 22, 2010  10:32 PM)Khel Wrote: Opaque can be good, but snot green isn't good.

OK, point taken. I'm a bit excited with the whole Opque Wheel concept itself, i overlooked the fact that it's Swine Flu.

Rock Flu C145WB Grin
(Feb. 23, 2010  12:04 AM)firelord767 Wrote: And i didn't notice any pannels... just low walls. Very low walls Libruhhh.

I was talking about the panels on the old mobile stadium, wanted to know if the walls on the new one could be removed, like the old stadium's panels. Sorry if that wasn't clear, for both posts.
[Image: P2140383.jpg]

By the looks of it, that won't matter. The walls are for show. A ring out could end up over the stadium 'walls', which are SO low that i might have to call them big tornado ridges, yet land inside the walls of the Mobile Stadium.

But yeah, i bet you could rip them down.

Thanks for asking that question, it made me tae a good look at that stadium. I'm so certain that this is the best stadium for my blading style that i might have to pay the extreme stadium shipping fees to buy this thing from Canada.
In all honesty, besides the walls and gaudy stickers, it doesn't look too bad. I at least hope that these stadiums have proper ridges, not ramps...
yeah i might buy the travel stadium it just appeals to me more than the other ones
the thing i dont like about the portable stadium is the celling if that is detact able i may get this
I doubt it's ment to be removed, but the "doors" of the G-Rev one weren't either. If your handy with a screwdriver, or needbe a sledgehammer, that shouldn't be a problem.
(Feb. 23, 2010  12:18 AM)firelord767 Wrote: [Image: P2140383.jpg]

By the looks of it, that won't matter. The walls are for show. A ring out could end up over the stadium 'walls', which are SO low that i might have to call them big tornado ridges, yet land inside the walls of the Mobile Stadium.

But yeah, i bet you could rip them down.

Thanks for asking that question, it made me tae a good look at that stadium. I'm so certain that this is the best stadium for my blading style that i might have to pay the extreme stadium shipping fees to buy this thing from Canada.

No problem! But I doubt that it would be very expensive coming from Canada, or at least, not as much as from Japan. Oh, and I removed my Portable stadium walls, don't think that I need to post a pic but I will if you want.
The portable stadium almost looks like a Takara attack stadium. Short walls, very concave, no pockets, no abnormal ridges =D The plastic must be stiffer and more durable.
Looks like a decent stadium if you could bend down the walls, it would be sweet with beyblades flying out all the time (not the best idea since there metal Unhappy ). I still prefer the TAKARA TOMY stadiums though.
So are the rumors true about the USA/CA/NA (What ever) beyblades being bigger then the Japanese versions?
No, they are the same.