General Football (Soccer) Thread

(Feb. 18, 2009  1:58 PM)Daichi Wrote: I was thinking the same thing in the summer, when Barca were selling some good players, (Dinho, Deco, ...)
but holy sh*t, they're even stronger this season..

Anyway, since I'm Italian, my favorite teams are Juventus & AS Roma, but also Chelsea.
Too bad that 2 of them need to play each other straight away next week in de Champs League, but yeah, let's hope that at least 1 team can make a good cup run. Smile

well the reason they sold ronaldinho and deco (aside from deco getting old and ronaldinho completely losing his form) was that they created trouble in the team/media. Pep wanted the team to work as a unit, not be run by invidual ego's. Unfortunately i'm afraid eto'o will leave in the summer because of that Unhappy but hopefully david villa will replace him
(Feb. 18, 2009  4:04 PM)SK Wrote: well the reason they sold ronaldinho and deco (aside from deco getting old and ronaldinho completely losing his form) was that they created trouble in the team/media. Pep wanted the team to work as a unit, not be run by invidual ego's. Unfortunately i'm afraid eto'o will leave in the summer because of that Unhappy but hopefully david villa will replace him

Yeah, I knew that, but I was still surprised when they were sold.
Keeping Eto'o will be difficult indeed, especially now Man City are chasing him. But if Barca can buy Villa then, they'll have a perfect replacement who's certainly equal to Eto'o in my opinion. Joyful_2
I hope eto'o will go to a decent club if he leaves barca, not manchester city. biggest carp club currently, think they can buy success lol
They're the new Chelsea, no offence to anyone
I don't like Man City too tbh, but what we're gonna do about it?
It's all about the money I guess..
btw there's just a new article been published about him and City, check it out;
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/18022009/58/t...eto-o.html

(He would be available for around 20 million pounds, pretty 'cheap' for a player of his quality imo)

Btw; What are you guys thinking about the Uefa Cup tonight? ^^
There are some sweet matches coming up like Bremen - Milan, 2 big title contenders if you ask me.
atleast chelsea got some success with all that money, man city are on the bottom half of the premier league table lol
Chelsea are the most annoying team ever, they are a second tier team who came into money, thats all.
At least they're playing top 4, while City can"t even make it into the left table..
+ It wasn't only because of the money, but also because of José Mourinho, he has done a very good job at Chelsea, too bad he got the sack.
Most people hate your team, just so you know, lol. Chelsea are not a big club, they are a small club who got lucky, can't wait till you down in the lower half of the table again Eee
Giga what are you talking about? even before chelsea's rich era, they were still a top 4/5/6 team in england..and regardless of what people say, it took them time to build the squad they have today (not a chelsea fan btw)
(Feb. 18, 2009  9:26 PM)Giga Wrote: Most people hate your team, just so you know, lol. Chelsea are not a big club, they are a small club who got lucky, can't wait till you down in the lower half of the table again Eee

I know people hate Chelsea, but do you think I care?
Not at all..
And a small club, hmm .. better check the table again. Wink

No offense, but your posts aren't making any sense (anymore).
I can understand that you don't like (/hate) Chelsea, but that's no reason to call Chelsea a small club, which they totally are not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.
I'm talking about the 70's,80's and 90's Wink

As long as your not in it to win it as alot of people I know are Unhappy Sorry
I doubt anyone here were alive during the 70's or the beginning of the 80's? i was talking about recent times in my post lol
Woot we won the Grand Final last weekend!

Melbourne Victory 1 - Adelaide United 0

Didn't go to the Finals due to a near empty wallet from other things, but would have been awesome, was on our home ground 50,000 people in the Stadium majority going for Melbourne. Our Crowds are pretty awesome aswell, we've got alot of passionate supporters down here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcN3hBI9RXs
so is ur team in asia champions legue ?
I don't think we got into the Asia Champions league, I know Adelaide United did and went pretty well.
am talking about the new one. it will start soon.
my team ittihad is in it Smile we took this cup 2 times and we played in the world cup for clubs and got 4th in it.
hope we win it for the third.
(Mar. 04, 2009  1:34 AM)Sega Wrote: Woot we won the Grand Final last weekend!

Melbourne Victory 1 - Adelaide United 0

Didn't go to the Finals due to a near empty wallet from other things, but would have been awesome, was on our home ground 50,000 people in the Stadium majority going for Melbourne. Our Crowds are pretty awesome aswell, we've got alot of passionate supporters down here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcN3hBI9RXs

It sucks how Sydney didn't make it,tho I don't really follow Soccer,did they go well overall?
Liverpool is my favourite yeah

We beat Man U 4-1
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

LIVERPOOL TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!

[Image: champleague_1024.jpg]

[Image: liverbird02_800.jpg]

[Image: Soccerball_current_event.svg]
... GO BRAZIL!
SPORTING!! their from portugal ol and ofcoarse the portuguese national team!!
my team is doing great in the asian champions legue. we might win this year Smile our first match was vs the nuber 1 team in iran, estighlal. it was on our stadium and we won 2-1. the winning goal was scored in the last minuteSmile the match was epic. the goals:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a80J1Vb9HPw my team is the black and yellow one.
and the second match was vs a om slal. a team from qatar. and it was out of out country and we won 3-1.
the goals:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAtmQxvEFNY
next match is on Tuesday. cnt wait XD
This year europien champion lig finals will play in our stadium
Fenerbahçe sk
[Image: sukru.jpg]
[Image: 2008-2009poster.jpg]

we beat chealse 2-1 in turkey last year
Luis Aragones
[Image: luis-aragones-2708-ic2.jpg]