General Football (Soccer) Thread

Am I gonna be the first to post that Germany won? And I don't even like soccer, haha. All I saw was the penalty kick that missed by a mile. Can't blame whoever it was, though, the pressure would probably have killed me.
(Jul. 13, 2014  10:39 PM)Dual Wrote: Am I gonna be the first to post that Germany won? And I don't even like soccer, haha. All I saw was the penalty kick that missed by a mile. Can't blame whoever it was, though, the pressure would probably have killed me.

*free kick

*messi

and i posted when they scored....but just let the excitement run after that
I don't know any lingo or players, sorry, haha. They just showed the goal the German dude scored, and even I have to admit it was pretty cool.
(Jul. 13, 2014  10:39 PM)Dual Wrote: Am I gonna be the first to post that Germany won? And I don't even like soccer, haha. All I saw was the penalty kick that missed by a mile. Can't blame whoever it was, though, the pressure would probably have killed me.

I didn't watch any of the matches of the World Cup, though I did watch the final minutes of extra time with my dad a couple of minutes back.

Congrats, Germany.
I feel the same sadness that impacted me when Netherlands beat Mexico, but Argentina has to admit this about Germany: They were beaten by the best. When I saw Germany beat Brazil 7-1, I already felt a strike of fear. This game wasn't anything like that, but it could have. Both of those goalkeepers (or GKs) deserve an award for their hard work.
(Jul. 13, 2014  10:51 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I feel the same sadness that impacted me when Netherlands beat Mexico, but Argentina has to admit this about Germany: They were beaten by the best. When I saw Germany beat Brazil 7-1, I already felt a strike of fear. This game wasn't anything like that, but it could have. Both of those goalkeepers (or GKs) deserve an award for their hard work.

and yet, i bet neither will get the honor of becoming the temporary secretary of defense like Tim Howard Wink
A great game by both teams despite my team's loss. Messi deserved the Golden Ball award.
(Jul. 13, 2014  11:49 PM)Lord Wrote: Messi deserved the Golden Ball award.

Despite Argentina's loss, it should still be quite honorable, not only for Messi, but for all of Argentina's team to receive the Golden Ball award, though.
Did anyone see Pep Guardiola refuse to shake Caleb Porter's hand last night? Absolutely classless.
What a jerk.
Anyone see Mexico vs Netherlands (friendly international) yesterday? Great game. Wasn't expecting Mexico to win. #Revenge for the World Cup.
(Nov. 14, 2014  2:54 AM)LEGION KING Wrote: Anyone see Mexico vs Netherlands (friendly international) yesterday? Great game. Wasn't expecting Mexico to win. #Revenge for the World Cup.

As a fan of the Mexico Futbol team, (sorry Netherlands fans) I wish that's what really happened, they went undefeated and lost in one game. Lets all rewind time 4 months.
(Nov. 14, 2014  5:05 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2014  2:54 AM)LEGION KING Wrote: Anyone see Mexico vs Netherlands (friendly international) yesterday? Great game. Wasn't expecting Mexico to win. #Revenge for the World Cup.

As a fan of the Mexico Futbol team, (sorry Netherlands fans) I wish that's what really happened, they went undefeated and lost in one game. Lets all rewind time 4 months.

Who yah going for in the Champions League? I'm naturally going for Barcecola.
I am well, sort of developing into a Revolution supporter (MLS)....it's difficult because the league has finally started to build in strength (they have even picked up NBC and NBSSports as broadcast partners)

Hopefully they continue to build on that.
That and the fact that the newer teams like Seattle and Philadelphia are actually being threatening in the league to an extent is also making the league strong. The West is stronger though, cause I mean, LA and Seattle could probably stomp D.C. is it felt like it.

Personally, I'm a Premier League watcher. I have loved Man U all the way, but they've been just flopping for me. They should be top 5, but they're not. What's hurting my eyes this premier season is seeing West Ham up so high. But overall, nothing really surprising me aside from that. Chelsea at the top, Southampton and Man City up there. Swansea doing surprisingly well. Burnley's going back to CCC at this pace. As is QPR, where they should be. Leicester not doing to well after a hot start. I want them to pass Crystal Palace and out of relegation early...
I love watching Premier League. Since Defstamina88 usually posts predictions for various sports I decided to say some of my own.
Man City vs Crystal Palace: 2-0, should be an easy win for Man City with the way they are playing.
Tottenham vs Burnley: 3-1. Partially a guess on this one as Tottenham is an "average" team in my opinion while Burnley just hasn't been doing good.
Man U vs Ashton Villa: 2-0.
West Ham vs Leicester City: 2-0
Swansea vs Hull. 1-0
QPR vs West Brom: 1-1
Everton vs Southampton: 1-1
Newcastle vs Sunderland 2-1
Liverpool vs Arsenal: 1-3
Stoke City vs Chelsea: 1-3 Hopefully Chelsea steps up their game a little this time around, last few games have been rough.
Just checked and apparently Barcelona beat PSG, too bad I missed that game. Now they have to go against Manchester, that's gonna be a good game. Champions league is awesome.
Yeah a friend told me about the Barca and PSG game and I was disappointed to miss it. Wasn't to surprised that Barca won. I agree I think Manchester City vs Barcelona will be a good game. Don't exactly know who I think will win at the moment since I think it will be a close game.
(Dec. 16, 2014  10:12 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I love watching Premier League. Since Defstamina88 usually posts predictions for various sports I decided to say some of my own.
Man City vs Crystal Palace: 2-0, should be an easy win for Man City with the way they are playing.
Tottenham vs Burnley: 3-1. Partially a guess on this one as Tottenham is an "average" team in my opinion while Burnley just hasn't been doing good.
Man U vs Ashton Villa: 2-0.
West Ham vs Leicester City: 2-0
Swansea vs Hull. 1-0
QPR vs West Brom: 1-1
Everton vs Southampton: 1-1
Newcastle vs Sunderland 2-1
Liverpool vs Arsenal: 1-3
Stoke City vs Chelsea: 1-3 Hopefully Chelsea steps up their game a little this time around, last few games have been rough.

You silly, Thunder Dome. You predicted what I was gonna do, so with that, here's my predictions! XD

-Man City 4-1 Crystal (come on, it's City and Crystal)
-Villa 2-2 United (United's gonna drop another easy one)
-Hull 1-1 Swansea
-QPR 1-1 Bromwich (Don't watch this. Seriously. Not worth 2 hours)
-Southampton 2-1 Everton (Howard gets dejavu from World Cup USA-Belgium. 10+ saves)
-Tottenham 3-0 Burnley (Spurs oughta wreck. I have a british friend going to see that game. He knows the Spurs well)
-West Ham 1-1 Leicester (pronounced Lester, you guys)
-Newcastle 0-1 Sunderland
-Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal (Watch this. Gerrard, Balotelli and Sturridge VS Wilshere, Walcott and Walbeck)
-Chelsea 3-2 Stoke (Stoke has a way of keeping it close with pretty much any team, regardless how good or bad)

Watch out guys, Im bad at this. Out of 140 predicted matches, 56 are correct, 9 predicted exactly. XD
who here is seattle sounders fans
I'm a FCB fan (cue the bandwagon accusations lol), DC United fan in MLS, Man U fan in Primeir League and that's really it. I like PSG too. The franchise is cool. I support USA and Argentina (cause some family friends are from there).
So the EPL has my brain distraught right now. Leicester, of all teams, is leading the EPL by 3 points, with Man City and Arsenal (Petr Cech with the carry) understandably tied at 2nd. Nice to see the Spurs and United up there as well. Surprisingly, wins are pretty much determining rank, not draws. Good to see.

Chelsea in 13th has me rofl-ing so much right now.

Understandably, Newcastle and Aston Villa are in relegation range so far, but Sunderland? Really? Surely you could beat Norwich City to get out of there.

Quick statement regarding MLS, anyone as excited as I am to see Columbus Crew this coming season?