General Competitive Pokemon Topic

Thanks Cannon! May give Ampharos a try in favor of my Mawile...

Any tips to get around Mega Charizard? ...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-149618836
(Aug. 07, 2014  4:48 PM)Echizen Wrote: Thanks Cannon! May give Ampharos a try in favor of my Mawile...

Which one, x is easy Because fairies , y can be thundered.
Aggron would be super awesome if he didn't get wrecked by infernape and blaziken.
Can't check the link but if you want to get around x you need to outspeed and hit it super effectively. Toxic does its toll and if you have te right match up it'll enforced to use flare blitz. Smogon has a better guide than this though
For y you could also use stone edge for 4x effectiveness.
What about Rotom-Wash? I find it a giant pain.

Is there something I can use to beat both Rotom-Wash and Charizard.
(Aug. 07, 2014  5:01 PM)Pyro-Shotty Wrote: Which one, x is easy Because fairies , y can be thundered.
Aggron would be super awesome if he didn't get wrecked by infernape and blaziken.

Fairy is neutral since it's part fire, and most faries seem to be more specially defensive.

Mega aggron is defensive as, with base 230 defense (Max 614) + filter, but I think wouldn't be able to knock out with EQ

@Echizen
Hidden power rock demolishes fire/flying types, and thunderbolt would almost(or, if stab + invested) kill it
(Aug. 07, 2014  5:01 PM)Pyro-Shotty Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2014  4:48 PM)Echizen Wrote: Thanks Cannon! May give Ampharos a try in favor of my Mawile...

Aggron doesn't get wrecked by Infernape or Blaziken's x1 attacks if it goes Mega, unless you let Blaziken set up on you. Mega Aggron's main weaknesses are Special Attacks, and I've never seen anyone use Special Blaziken. Infernape might be more common but Physical is still better.

EDIT: Cannon both Infernape and Blaziken have pretty wimpy defenses, a Mega Aggron EQ will definitely KO them.

Physical Greninja destroys both Mega Charizards with Rock Slide.
Aggron wouldn't be able to take a close combat from mega blaziken. Well I forgot that fairies hit negative vs fire. My bad. In that case use ground moves, like earth quake.
I dunno about that. The most common charizard is DDX which can outspeed at two and probably OHKO with a dragon claw
Almost sure that mega aggron can take a CC from inferbape
(Aug. 07, 2014  5:12 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2014  5:01 PM)Pyro-Shotty Wrote:

Aggron doesn't get wrecked by Infernape or Blaziken's x1 attacks if it goes Mega, unless you let Blaziken set up on you. Mega Aggron's main weaknesses are Special Attacks, and I've never seen anyone use Special Blaziken. Infernape might be more common but Physical is still better.

Physical Greninja destroys both Mega Charizards with Rock Slide.

Fighting hits steel for x2, what are you talking about, and flame punch and flare blitz hit for x2 as well.

(Aug. 07, 2014  5:15 PM)Poseidon Wrote: I dunno about that. The most common charizard is DDX which can outspeed at two and probably OHKO with a dragon claw

Well it is the only thing that hits positive against it, ground type moves that is.
(Aug. 07, 2014  5:13 PM)Pyro-Shotty Wrote: Aggron wouldn't be able to take a close combat from mega blaziken. Well I forgot that fairies hit negative vs fire. My bad. In that case use ground moves, like earth quake.
Normal Aggron can't unless it has Sturdy, but Mega Aggron definitely can.

EDIT: Pyro-Shotty: Filter

(Aug. 07, 2014  5:15 PM)Poseidon Wrote: I dunno about that. The most common charizard is DDX which can outspeed at two and probably OHKO with a dragon claw

Well if you do have a Physical Greninja ready they should only get one Dragon Dance. And since most Mega Charizard X's aren't max speed you'll still be faster (at least on showdown) and KO with Rock Slide (assuming you hit).
(Aug. 07, 2014  5:21 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2014  5:13 PM)Pyro-Shotty Wrote: Aggron wouldn't be able to take a close combat from mega blaziken. Well I forgot that fairies hit negative vs fire. My bad. In that case use ground moves, like earth quake.
Normal Aggron can't unless it has Sturdy, but Mega Aggron definitely can.

EDIT: Pyro-Shotty: Filter

Well if you do have a Physical Greninja ready they should only get one Dragon Dance. And since most Mega Charizard X's aren't max speed you'll still be faster (at least on showdown) and KO with Rock Slide (assuming you hit).
Just put it through the calculator, without set up would be 2hko with either flare blitz or close combat
Sorry guy
Wombat, filter?
Sorry don't have access to a calc ATM but what does plus one atk and speed max speed and 252 attack charizard dragon claw do to a greninja?
It would hit for 138 percent of health with the most common builds and the applied effects. Greninja would go first hit for over half and then get Ohkoed by dragon claw, fun fact, you could actually kill greninja with flare blitz at this point
(Aug. 07, 2014  5:28 PM)Pyro-Shotty Wrote: Just put it through the calculator, without set up would be 2hko with either flare blitz or close combat
Sorry guy
Wombat, filter?
Maybe so, but that's only 100% accurate for showdown, and not necessarily wi-fi battles. And besides, between the hits Mega Aggron will KO it with Earthquake after they've been weakened by the Def. drop/Recoil.

Filter reduces damage from super-effective moves. It's Mega Aggron's Ability.

(Aug. 07, 2014  5:31 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Sorry don't have access to a calc ATM but what does plus one atk and speed max speed and 252 attack charizard dragon claw do to a greninja?

Almost certainly a OHKO anywhere, Greninja has wimpy defenses also and no Steel/Fairy moves.
Technically he could metronome a gyro ball or moon beam, but yeah greninja wouldn't stand a chance. But I noticed echizen had a mawille on his team, how is mega mawille currently.
Wombat... Rock Slide is illegal.

Mawile isn't very good, IMO.
(Aug. 07, 2014  6:01 PM)Echizen Wrote: Wombat... Rock Slide is illegal.

Mega Mawile isn't bad. In VGC this year people used it a ton. I personally think it can be a big threat in some situations.
I guess it's personal opinion.

Also just noticed Aegislash is Uber now.
Oh good, haven't had a chance to go in , but I was strongly in support for its ban in the suspect test. It prohibited physical attacker too much IMO.
What was that move kings shield, yeah he needed something to happen, he withstood too much damage.

Rock Slide on Greninja is definitely not illegal. It can be learned through TM80.

(Aug. 07, 2014  6:58 PM)Pyro-Shotty Wrote: What was that move kings shield, yeah he needed something to happen, he withstood too much damage.

The reason Aegislash was banned was because it could do too many things well. It could be a Physical or Special Attacker, or even use a Toxic set, and there were not many things that could counter it. Bisharp I think was the most solid counter, being unaffected by Toxic and King's Shield, but it would get owned by Sacred Sword. Plus, many of the movesets could cross over, so by the time you figured out what kind of Aegislash you were fighting it was too late.

^That's the basic explanation. I don't agree with the ban personally, but it's not my decision.
(Aug. 07, 2014  8:15 PM)Wombat Wrote:

Rock Slide on Greninja is definitely not illegal. It can be learned through TM80.

(Aug. 07, 2014  6:58 PM)Pyro-Shotty Wrote: What was that move kings shield, yeah he needed something to happen, he withstood too much damage.

The reason Aegislash was banned was because it could do too many things well. It could be a Physical or Special Attacker, or even use a Toxic set, and there were not many things that could counter it. Bisharp I think was the most solid counter, being unaffected by Toxic and King's Shield, but it would get owned by Sacred Sword. Plus, many of the movesets could cross over, so by the time you figured out what kind of Aegislash you were fighting it was too late.

^That's the basic explanation. I don't agree with the ban personally, but it's not my decision.
We know why he was banned, cavalier. And anytime anything doesn't have a counter it should be fixed in some way.
Guys,I'm not stupid or anything,but isn't Flying types supereffective to Ground types?