General Competitive Pokemon Topic

Anyone else happy that Mega Salamance got banned on Smogon? Aerilate made that thing to good. ORAS still brought a few other amazing pokes in the game though. Mega Lopunny is so good (especially since it has scrappy) and Mega Beedrill is alright besides the fact it so frail. Made a decent M-Lopunny team on Showdown for OU and it works pretty good. If anyone wants to play soon send me a PM as I'm on Showdown a lot.
So, I know it's been a while. But here was my final Autumn Regionals team. I can't really remember the natures so just bear with me.

Mawile, item: Mawilite- Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Iron Head, Protect

Reuniclus, item: Life Orb- Trick Room, Focus Blast, Protect, Psychic

Ferrothorn, item: Rocky Helmet- Iron Head, Protect, Power Whip, Explosion

TalonFlame, item: Sitrus Berry- Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Roost, Protect

Garchomp, item: Kings Rock- Rock Slide, Dragon Rush, Earthquake, Protect

Rotom (Wash) item: Choice Specs- Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Hydro Pump, Thunder Wave

So there you have it. I didn't do that well, but really the only reason I lost was because so many people got lucky with critical hits, I missed a lot, and I even got frozen a handful of times, yes that's right, FROZEN.

If I go to Winter regionals, I am definitely revamping my whole team because now I have a whole new array of Pokemon available to me. I also can't wait to see all of the Mega Swamperts...*groans*
Give them a berry to help with freezing and something for criticals

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogon...-193069175
First time I've played in months
ok can someone rate my team(for pokemon Leafgreen):
swampert
tyranitar
scizor
kingdra
zangoose
slaking
Vaporeon for kingdra maybe???
Are you sure that's for Leafgreen? Those are Hoenn and Johto pokemon.
yea i traded from emerald and ruby and some u can catch in the game
I have omega ruby but I am about to get alpha sapphire
I've almost got my whole party on Omega Ruby maxed out in Attack/Sp. Atk and Speed EVs. Being able to see the EVs, even if it's just in a chart rather than raw values, is really handy.
I don't mean to be off topic but how do you
Battle competitively and when I tried my opponent
Got a perfect victory against me I didn't get a hit in at all
(Jan. 17, 2015  7:52 AM)amidamaru Wrote: I don't mean to be off topic but how do you
Battle competitively and when I tried my opponent
Got a perfect victory against me I didn't get a hit in at all

Well here are some things you could do:
  • Watch XY/ORAS Team Building videos
  • Watch XY/ORAS commentated battles (such as ShadyPenguinn, Mulvone19, NumbXNexus, etc etc.)
  • Learn how IVs and EVs work if you don't already know, and breed/build your own team or play by Smogon tiers and rules
  • Play 'Random Battles' on Pokemon Showdown - you don't need an account, just play online and it randomly selects pokemons for you. This helps with understanding when to switch out, set up, etc. Even if you get terrible pokemon you hate, just use them.. they can be useful.

Pm me if you need any help with anything though.
Did anybody go to any VGC events this past season? I got top 32 over at the Utah regional. I ended up forgetting to register in time for North America Nationals, but I was still there with a bunch of my friends!