General Batman Thread

First off, I did search before I posted, and all I found related to this was a thread about general comics, the tragedy in Colorado, and the Arkham game(s).

Anyone else here a Bat-Fan??
I love the Adam West Show (you know you do), the comics (older more, not to big a fan of New 52), cartoon(s) (excpet B&B), and movies.(Burton and Nolan, not Schumacher.)

What do you guys like about Batman? (comics, movies, etc.)
So... Let the games begin! (totally pulled off that Bane quote Tongue_out)
I have been watching a batman animated tv show. Season 1 was great, and I saw Dark Knight Rises. So i guess im a fan too.
This belongs in the Media forum though.
(Mar. 20, 2013  3:30 AM)Nitrohammer Wrote: I have been watching a batman animated tv show. Season 1 was great, and I saw Dark Knight Rises. So i guess im a fan too.

What series of the show? (animated, brave and bold, etc?)
And I LOVED TDKR
Batman Animated and Brave and the Bold are some of the best animated shows ever created.
(Mar. 20, 2013  7:39 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Batman Animated and Brave and the Bold are some of the best animated shows ever created.

I loved Animated! Best animated super hero show in my opinion. I like how brave and the bold features a bunch of dc heroes, that are unheard of, but I don't like how most episodes don't connect (ie, no real Bruce Wayne plot, no background outside of batman, etc). It's good overall.
Who doesn't like batman. He's awesome. I like the Batman the animated series a lot too. Batman beyond is my favourite though. I liked The Batman too. Kinda grew out of cartoons by the time brave and the bold came around and I didn't really like the few episodes i've seen although some have been quite good.
(Mar. 20, 2013  7:39 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Batman Animated and Brave and the Bold are some of the best animated shows ever created.

I totally agree.
I have been out of Batman stuff since a very long time, but even I am a major fan of Batman.
Actually, I started appreciating the series only after the Batman Begins movie. After that movie, I developed an interest in the cartoon as well.
Then again, I haven't been able to see much of the Batman series. Unhappy

What I like about Batman is thus, more movie-related than about the cartoon or comic. I simply love all the dialogues in any Batman movie.
The Dark Knight was epic, with Joker being a great character with stunning dialogues.
I am yet to watch Dark Knight Rises, though...
(Mar. 21, 2013  8:02 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:

I totally agree.
I have been out of Batman stuff since a very long time, but even I am a major fan of Batman.
Actually, I started appreciating the series only after the Batman Begins movie. After that movie, I developed an interest in the cartoon as well.
Then again, I haven't been able to see much of the Batman series. Unhappy

What I like about Batman is thus, more movie-related than about the cartoon or comic. I simply love all the dialogues in any Batman movie.
The Dark Knight was epic, with Joker being a great character with stunning dialogues.
I am yet to watch Dark Knight Rises, though...

Give the Burton films a try again! (89+returns)
They were darker, but I liked how they were a bit less more real than Nolan's, and had the comicy aspect. Although I has to say, TDK AND TDRK are some of the best films and some of the best comic films I've seen.
I've been a fan of Batman since I was real little. I think Batman Beyond was my favorite. I haven't watched one of those episodes for a while. I gonna stopped liking Batman as much when Brave and The Bold came out. It just didn't appeal to me.
I watched the really old one (from the 50's) on Teletoon Retro, and I just loved the whole concept of Batman ever since I was young! I finished Arkham City a while back.
I'm not a huge Batman fan, but somewhat a fan. I like a few of the movies, and the games, but that is about it. I own some DVDs that my dad bought me when I was younger, and I also own Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City for the PS3, which are both brilliant games.

Batman stuff I have:
The Dark Knight
Batman: Mask Of The Phantom
Batman: Year One(Digital Download thing that came with Arkham City)
Batman The Animated Series- The Legend Begins
Batman And Mr.Freeze- SubZero
Arkham Asylum for PS3
Arkham City for PS3

So I guess I could consider a Batman fan, haha. He's by far my favorite superhero too.
(Mar. 23, 2013  10:21 PM)LMAO Wrote: I watched the really old one (from the 50's) on Teletoon Retro, and I just loved the whole concept of Batman ever since I was young! I finished Arkham City a while back.

The Adam west one? I loved that one, it was hilarious lol.
Anyone get Injustice: Gods Among Us yet? It looks pretty good.
So if anyone sees this I’m really curious, what do you guys think about the upcoming new batman movie with Robert Pattinson?
(Oct. 20, 2020  7:27 PM)Zeutron Wrote: So if anyone sees this I’m really curious, what do you guys think about the upcoming new batman movie with Robert Pattinson?

As a big DC fan and Batman fan myself I’m pretty excited
(Oct. 20, 2020  7:31 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2020  7:27 PM)Zeutron Wrote: So if anyone sees this I’m really curious, what do you guys think about the upcoming new batman movie with Robert Pattinson?

As a big DC fan and Batman fan myself I’m pretty excited
I’m really surprised it isn’t part of the dceu but I think it needed a fresh start.
(Oct. 20, 2020  9:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2020  7:31 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: As a big DC fan and Batman fan myself I’m pretty excited
I’m really surprised it isn’t part of the dceu but I think it needed a fresh start.

I agree, they landed Shazam pretty well, but people aren’t watching it due to the failures that are Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
(Oct. 20, 2020  9:24 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2020  9:23 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I’m really surprised it isn’t part of the dceu but I think it needed a fresh start.

I agree, they landed Shazam pretty well, but people aren’t watching it due to the failures that are Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
The good news is that the new batman movie will still follow the classic route like dceu batman. Apparently the director said he’s gonna have the Joker in the second and third movie although I think it’s pretty cocky for him to already confirm that kinda stuff LOL. Then again, it’s a batman movie so even if it does bad it will be a box office hit meaning high chances of a sequel lmao.
(Oct. 20, 2020  9:56 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2020  9:24 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I agree, they landed Shazam pretty well, but people aren’t watching it due to the failures that are Batman vs Superman and Justice League.
The good news is that the new batman movie will still follow the classic route like dceu batman. Apparently the director said he’s gonna have the Joker in the second and third movie although I think it’s pretty cocky for him to already confirm that kinda stuff LOL. Then again, it’s a batman movie so even if it does bad it will be a box office hit meaning high chances of a sequel lmao.

What we really need is dark knight 4. They ended the third one at such a great cliffhanger
(Oct. 20, 2020  9:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2020  9:56 PM)Zeutron Wrote: The good news is that the new batman movie will still follow the classic route like dceu batman. Apparently the director said he’s gonna have the Joker in the second and third movie although I think it’s pretty cocky for him to already confirm that kinda stuff LOL. Then again, it’s a batman movie so even if it does bad it will be a box office hit meaning high chances of a sequel lmao.

What we really need is dark knight 4. They ended the third one at such a great cliffhanger
We all truly wish but unfortunately Christopher Nolan said he really was done when tdkr came out. But here’s an interesting fact: Batman v Superman was originally pitched to take place in the dark knight universe (would would then put man of steel in the nolanverse) but Warner brothers didn’t like the idea since Bruce moves on from the batman mantle in the dark knight rises so they rejected the idea.
(Oct. 20, 2020  10:00 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2020  9:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: What we really need is dark knight 4. They ended the third one at such a great cliffhanger
We all truly wish but unfortunately Christopher Nolan said he really was done when tdkr came out. But here’s an interesting fact: Batman v Superman was originally pitched to take place in the dark knight universe (would would then put man of steel in the nolanverse) but Warner brothers didn’t like the idea since Bruce moves on from the batman mantle in the dark knight rises so they rejected the idea.

I think that makes perfect sense that Batman vs Superman took place in a whole new universe. Even if it did take place in the same universe it would be a minor plot point. I still wish the new Batman suit had some red outlining in it, that would be epic.
(Oct. 20, 2020  10:06 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2020  10:00 PM)Zeutron Wrote: We all truly wish but unfortunately Christopher Nolan said he really was done when tdkr came out. But here’s an interesting fact: Batman v Superman was originally pitched to take place in the dark knight universe (would would then put man of steel in the nolanverse) but Warner brothers didn’t like the idea since Bruce moves on from the batman mantle in the dark knight rises so they rejected the idea.

I think that makes perfect sense that Batman vs Superman took place in a whole new universe. Even if it did take place in the same universe it would be a minor plot point. I still wish the new Batman suit had some red outlining in it, that would be epic.
Yeah I guess so, the Batman v Superman suit was based a bit too heavily on the suit Bruce wears in the dark knight returns.
6Jupiter5 have you head of the Gotham by Gaslight universe?
(Nov. 02, 2020  3:46 AM)Zeutron Wrote: 6Jupiter5 have you head of the Gotham by Gaslight universe?

No, I actually haven’t what is it about?