Genbull Dragooon SA165GF

Poll: Do you think GF is a Top Tier part?

YES!!! Grin
41.18%
It is good but not Top Tier. Smile
29.41%
Not Really. Unhappy
29.41%
It has no uses whatsoever! @:
0%
Total: 100% 17 vote(s)
Genbull Dragooon SA165GF
Welcome to my um... Fifth maybe testing thread and probably my best yet! I didn't have much time to test. SA165 is in Normal mode.
Please tell me what you think. Grin
Sounds cool, but I would definatly like to see more stamina testing Smile.
(Dec. 14, 2013  2:19 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Sounds cool, but I would definitely like to see more stamina testing Smile.

The only thing I can really test against is Duo SA165 because my other dragoon and my F230 are temporarily lost.
Duo Cygnus sa165ewd please Smile and if u have a chance mf-l phantom Cygnus 90mf Smile
(Dec. 14, 2013  2:24 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Duo Cygnus sa165ewd please Smile and if u have a chance mf-l phantom Cygnus 90mf Smile

I have no Phanto and no EWD. I will use WD.
This Combo Seems Ok, And Possibly Top Tier Worthy. Please Do Some Testings Against MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF. EDIT: Never Mind, I Saw The Post Above Me. Also, Could You Do Some Tests Against Wyvang Dragoon BD15RDF, Depending On The Stadium? Thanks Smile
(Dec. 14, 2013  2:28 AM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: This Combo Seems Ok, And Possibly Top Tier Worthy. Please Do Some Testings Against MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF.

I'll try when I get a phantom and an MF.
I'll do testing for him with this combo against Duo Cygnus SA165 EWD and MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85 MF this weekend.
(Dec. 14, 2013  2:31 AM)OrionBlade Wrote: I'll do testing for him with this combo against Duo Cygnus SA165 EWD and MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85 MF this weekend.

Thanks. Just use the attack launch against Phantom Cygnus.
GF is a very risky part to use. Not only that, but it's pretty difficult to use. GCF, CF, and MF would all be better choices for stalling from my testing just because you don't have to worry about self KOs. I don't see much use for this, besides in Zero G.
Sure, I will post the results of the battles Sunday.
(Dec. 14, 2013  2:34 AM)Tri Wrote: GF is a very risky part to use. Not only that, but it's pretty difficult to use. GCF, CF, and MF would all be better choices for stalling from my testing just because you don't have to worry about self KOs. I don't see much use for this, besides in Zero G.

If you weak launch then you will have no problems with it hopefully.
That's not true, unfortuantely. Yes weak launching can help prevent self KOs sometimes, but either way its extremely difficult to control.
It's easier to control if u have experience with it, atleast that what I heard, I haven't mastered it yet Crying.
(Dec. 14, 2013  2:38 AM)Tri Wrote: That's not true, unfortuantely. Yes weak launching can help prevent self KOs sometimes, but either way its extremely difficult to control.
Thinking About It Now, This Will Get Swayed Easily. This Is Probably Irrelevant But In BB-10 I Would Expect This Combo To Get Knocked Out Easily By A Wyvang Attacker. If I Had The Chance I'd Change My Vote For The Poll.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but... I had an idea for this a few months ago... and it didn't work... at all. This is like an attempt for an improved Killerken Dragooon BD145GF, but I stopped testing SA165GF setups in the BB-10 when Meow! said SA165GF setups are too high for GF. Just my two cents. And I'm very experienced with GF btw.
OK, I'm just gonna go ahead and say: You got to look at it this way, not every blader can control CF. Say someone's of to a tournament with this and has not 'mastered' it.... Then what would they do? You should look into a option where you have a easy Beyblade to control so any blader can go: "Yeah, I'm goona use this" I myself have not mastered CF. Say that was my only best shot at a tournament..... Wait I havn't mastered it yet.

All I'm trying to say is you should use a safer tip... So it's more easy to control and for Bladers.
This is actually a really cool idea... one I've tested before, in fact!

The only problem is, GF is very risky to use, like Tri said. You need something bulky and heavy for it to work well, like MF-H Killerken Dragooon BD145GF.

That said, this is super close to absolutely amazing, but you'd want to use something besides SA165, like BD145 or CH120. Smile

Come to think of it, Dragooon BD145GF balance customs haven't been considered much for potential addition to the tier list. They're amazing spin-equalizers, and they do have decent resistance to Attack. The only thing you really need to worry about when using a BD145GF spin stealer is 1) not actually being able to steal spin effectively near the end of the match, due to all the friction GF is creating (had this happen to me on more than one occasion, especially against aggressive opponents ), and 2) Self-KO. Even weak-launching (which will oftentimes lead to the first defect I mentioned) with such an incredibly aggressive Bottom is still quite risky.

If you can get past those two things, they're really quite effective.
(Dec. 14, 2013  3:50 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: This is actually a really cool idea... one I've tested before, in fact!

The only problem is, GF is very risky to use, like Tri said. You need something bulky and heavy for it to work well, like MF-H Killerken Dragooon BD145GF.

That said, this is super close to absolutely amazing, but you'd want to use something besides SA165, like BD145 or CH120. Smile

Come to think of it, Dragooon BD145GF balance customs haven't been considered much for potential addition to the tier list. They're amazing spin-equalizers, and they do have decent resistance to Attack. The only thing you really need to worry about when using a BD145GF spin stealer is 1) not actually being able to steal spin effectively near the end of the match, due to all the friction GF is creating (had this happen to me on more than one occasion, especially against aggressive opponents ), and 2) Self-KO. Even weak-launching (which will oftentimes lead to the first defect I mentioned) with such an incredibly aggressive Bottom is still quite risky.

If you can get past those two things, they're really quite effective.

I'll just do a little more testing and when I get my BD145 I'll test and make a thread for something like... Girago Dragooon BD145GF and compare the two combos.
I am able to do CH120 as well as BD145 testing, also I will be testing this combo in the BB-10 attack type stadium, results will be up tomorrow as soon as I am able to since there's a tournament tomorrow and ill be busy today.
(Dec. 14, 2013  4:39 PM)OrionBlade Wrote: I am able to do CH120 as well as BD145 testing, also I will be testing this combo in the BB-10 attack type stadium, results will be up tomorrow as soon as I am able to since there's a tournament tomorrow and ill be busy today.

CH120 will not be needed but thanks anyway. Why don't you test against something like Duo BD145/SA165RDF and compare Genbull Dragooon BD145 and Genbull Drag... SA165.
Well, making a thread to compare Killerken Dragooon BD145GF and Girago Dragooon BD145GF would be kinda pointless. XD

What would be a good thing to do, though, would be to post some Dragooon BD145GF testing in the Competitive combos discussion thread. We could look into it going on the list (IMO it's good enough if you can launch it right).
(Dec. 16, 2013  4:20 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Well, making a thread to compare Killerken Dragooon BD145GF and Girago Dragooon BD145GF would be kinda pointless. XD

What would be a good thing to do, though, would be to post some Dragooon BD145GF testing in the Competitive combos discussion thread. We could look into it going on the list (IMO it's good enough if you can launch it right).
Sorry I meant 2 compare this and Girago Dragooon BD145GF.
I am taking requests now. thanks galaxy blade Smile.
... What? LOL that has nothing to do with this thread. XD

F230GF is also kinda horrible, and Ifraid/Saramanda on the bottom of an F230 Synchrom is asking for disaster haha.