Gathering Feedback - A Beyblade Novel

Hey Bladers!
You might know who I am, but if not, hi! I'm UltimateMaster (Not my real name, of course), and recently, I have published a novella, and am close to the publication of my debut novel.
Now, you may be asking: why is this important information? Allow me to explain.

Over the last few days, I have been developing an idea, that may seem like reaching for the stars, but with your help, I think it could easier, if not more possible.

Here is the idea:
What about a Beyblade novel? Likely middle-grade, but captures our love of the game and uses the ideas of my fellow Bladers.

So, I am thinking about pitching my idea to Hasbro, which seems like an absolute stretch, but again, let me explain. I have to come up with a pitch, reasoning on why this idea works, possible storylines, and thoughts from fellow Bladers, like you!

All I request is for you to help me - to answer some questions I have provided and to work with me through this process.

The questions, you may ask?

1. What do you see in a Beyblade novel? Any ideas that you picture?
2. Do you like to read, and if not, would you still be open to reading a Beyblade novel?
3. Are you open to lending thoughts and ideas to help develop the pitch?
4. Would you prefer stories about Shu, a new character rising to the top, a novelization, or a world champion defending their title?
5. Anything you would like me to know?
Thank you for reading this, I look forward to hearing your ideas, and hopefully, by some awesome chance, this idea can move further.

-UltimateMaster
Long time no see. If this is about the toy, I would include things such as how recoil and shape affects something as well as how to tell that it would affect the bey. If I’m going to be honest a Beyblade book would ‘t be something I would read just because it’s about well Beyblade. I could help generate thoughts and ideas. To answer the 4th one it depends, honestly I think it would be totally fine not to. I think having a mystery or exclusive bey with an exclusive launcher in the book would be good
I think a story about Shu would be really cool, but so would one about Free

and also, I LOVE TO READ!!!
It would be the best thing for a beyblade novel to come out!
(Mar. 09, 2021  7:17 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Long time no see. If this is about the toy, I would include things such as how recoil and shape affects something as well as how to tell that it would affect the bey. If I’m going to be honest a Beyblade book would ‘t be something I would read just because it’s about well Beyblade. I could help generate thoughts and ideas. To answer the 4th one it depends, honestly I think it would be totally fine not to. I think having a mystery or exclusive bey with an exclusive launcher in the book would be good

It would be a story, so not about the toy!
(Mar. 09, 2021  7:27 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2021  7:17 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Long time no see. If this is about the toy, I would include things such as how recoil and shape affects something as well as how to tell that it would affect the bey. If I’m going to be honest a Beyblade book would ‘t be something I would read just because it’s about well Beyblade. I could help generate thoughts and ideas. To answer the 4th one it depends, honestly I think it would be totally fine not to. I think having a mystery or exclusive bey with an exclusive launcher in the book would be good

It would be a story, so not about the toy!

In that case I would think a story about what happens in between seasons would be interesting. Maybe like a what happened to Aiga after Turbo, or a crossover from the MFB series would be cool (obviously burst characters would have to have a temporary power boost, maybe it could be some time after sparking). I think I would feel more inclined to buy it if there was a new exclusive bey, and if it’s a crossover maybe we could get a new MFB bey and burst bey. I’m willing to pitch in ideas.
Maybe about Valt's dissapearence for TWO YEARS!
(Mar. 09, 2021  6:17 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:

I think this could be quite interesting, I'll go ahead and answer your questions to the best of my ability.
1. "What do you see in a Beyblade novel?" Any ideas that you picture?"
My answer will vary depending on the answer received from the question asked as an answer to #5, but I think something somewhat like a "Mixed Canon" approach could work. For instance, maybe a certain season in the eyes of a different character (Ex. "Beyblade Burst God" from the perspective of Shu)or an official crossover between all or just two of the generations.
2. "Do you like to read, and if not, would you still be open to reading a Beyblade novel?"
I've enjoyed reading ever since I learned how, so absolutely!
3. "Are you open to lending thoughts and ideas to help develop the pitch?"
Of course! Love to see ideas like this, I'll help in any way I can.
4. "Would you prefer stories about Shu, a new character rising to the top, a novelization, or a world champion defending their title?"
I feel like a new character rising to the top may be a bit too similar to previous seasons of Beyblade, so I think the latter two routes would work best.
5. "Anything you would like me to know?"
I think the best way to answer this question is actually with another question, as previously referenced haha.
At this point and time, are you aiming for this to be canon in any way? If so, in what ways?

Overall, I'm excited to see how the idea progresses, and I look forward to (hopefully) picking up a copy.
1. Metal Saga style story. Just a different feel to that trilogy that I prefer.
2. Yeah I’ll prob read it I learned how to read
3. I am online so yes I have ideas
4. Now that you mention it a Novelisation would be very cool. I feel like God-GT would work best imo, probably multiple volumes.
5. Uh I’m good I think

A straight novelisation of the manga would be cool. Same ideas but different execution so it doesn’t feel like you’re just absorbing the exact same thing ya know.
(Mar. 10, 2021  3:15 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: 1. Metal Saga style story. Just a different feel to that trilogy that I prefer.
3. I am online  so yes I have ideas
4. Now that you mention it a Novelisation would be very cool. I feel like God-GT would work best imo, probably multiple volumes.
5. Uh I’m good I think

A straight novelisation of the manga would be cool. Same ideas but different execution so it doesn’t feel like you’re just absorbing the exact same thing ya know.

A Novelization of the manga would be cool - the one issue is the content, as it’s more mature than the anime, especially the dub.
(Mar. 10, 2021  3:29 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2021  3:15 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: 1. Metal Saga style story. Just a different feel to that trilogy that I prefer.
3. I am online  so yes I have ideas
5. Uh I’m good I think

A Novelization of the manga would be cool - the one issue is the content, as it’s more mature than the anime, especially the dub.

Don’t think it’s any more serious than the Batman animated show (rated pg)
(Mar. 10, 2021  3:36 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2021  3:29 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: A Novelization of the manga would be cool - the one issue is the content, as it’s more mature than the anime, especially the dub.

Don’t think it’s any more serious than the Batman animated show (rated pg)

Probably haha. There are some instances of stronger language in the manga, but then again, there are probably worse things.
The idea of a Beyblade novel is definitely news to me so I don't know a whole lot but i do see a blader who wants to be the best in the world since thats what Beyblade is known for storytelling-wise or a crossover since I don't see many of those.

2. Do you like to read, and if not, would you still be open to reading a Beyblade novel?
Yes. Yes I do (and its no question that I write fanfics as well). Id totally read a Beyblade novel.

Maybe.

4. Would you prefer stories about Shu, a new character rising to the top, a novelization, or a world champion defending their title?
I mean that is really up to you but i think a crossover of the 3 Gens would be pretty cool.

Not right now but I'll update this when I think of something.
Not gonna lie this just sounds like a fanfic in book form. It’d be interesting to see, but honestly I don’t see it working out as an actual book.

Just my two cents

I don’t really picture any ideas story-wise, but I would imagine seeing a lot of imagery and metaphors used to describe beys, battles and such. Actually “telling” would be very different compared to “showing” in terms of beyblade seeing as it is a purely physical game, so it would be very important to paint a picture for the reader. In all honesty, Keeping it at middle grade level all while implementing immense amounts of writers structure/craft seem like two conflicting idea so I really don’t know if it could be pulled off.

I don’t read as much as I used. I no longer read “casually” per say, but I do read books that catch my eye. That being said, I probably would read a beyblade novel if I saw one. It sounds interesting and different than the type of beyblade media we usually get.

My advice probably wouldn’t be too effective since I don’t know all that much about this kinda stuff; but, if I have anything worth giving, I’ll share it.

I think that the best approach would be a new storyline that takes place in an existing continuity. This means that it has new characters and a new plot that is still in the same reality as one of the three series. Now, this isn’t to say that you have to disregard old characters or surroundings, just don’t prioritize them or make them the centre of the story kinda like what they did with Sparking and Cho-Z, you don’t want it to sound like some type of fanfic.

Thank you for reading this, I look forward to hearing your ideas, and hopefully, by some awesome chance, this idea can move further.

Nothing at the moment.
The only things in the Beyblade manga are like, decently sized cuts. Child abduction is still in the anime.