Gaming Random Thoughts

Thread like Random Thoughts but for video games.
this is going to be boring for you without lou to turn this into a chatroom, isn't it?
So did you guys hear about some new game system Nintendo is putting out? It's called the "Game Boy." Apparently you're supposed to be able to play games anywhere with this thing and it's powered only by batteries. Sounds too good to be true, though.
Mr. Toto Wrote:So did you guys hear about some new game system Nintendo is putting out? It's called the "Game Boy." Apparently you're supposed to be able to play games anywhere with this thing and it's powered only by batteries. Sounds too good to be true, though.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500
*just got the coolest PS2 accessory, a controller with a 3-inch screen attached to play the games on* It's great for hotel rooms that disallow consoles, long car trips, whenever the TVs are being used, and whenever I feel too lazy to leave my bed to game. XD.
Ichida Wrote:*just got the coolest PS2 accessory, a controller with a 3-inch screen attached to play the games on* It's great for hotel rooms that disallow consoles, long car trips, whenever the TVs are being used, and whenever I feel too lazy to leave my bed to game. XD.

I've seen those!

[Image: sonypsp.jpg]

Pretty awesome Smile
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:*just got the coolest PS2 accessory, a controller with a 3-inch screen attached to play the games on* It's great for hotel rooms that disallow consoles, long car trips, whenever the TVs are being used, and whenever I feel too lazy to leave my bed to game. XD.

I've seen those!

[Image: sonypsp.jpg]

Pretty awesome Smile

Zing. lol

I have one of those! D:
Honestly, that sounds like a really terrible waste of money.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Honestly, that sounds like a really terrible waste of money.

Wait, what does? The PSP or the controller that Ichida is on about?
The controller.
I'm playing -->PS2<-- games on it, people. Show me how you play a PS2 game on a PSP. And it was only $20 anyways, which is a good deal since I've seen it elsewhere for $50, and I saw it at Pacific Mall for $100, for some reason.
Those things are a ripoff. They overheat like crazy.
Ichida Wrote:I'm playing -->PS2<-- games on it, people. Show me how you play a PS2 game on a PSP. And it was only $20 anyways, which is a good deal since I've seen it elsewhere for $50, and I saw it at Pacific Mall for $100, for some reason.

[Image: 347px-072406111853_vcsboxart.jpg]
I'm addicted to Digimon World DS Dawn despite how they downgraded the digivolution system.
G Wrote:I'm addicted to Digimon World DS Dawn despite how they downgraded the digivolution system.

I still haven't gotten it. So it's decent?
I think they added too much to it IMO. I totally loved the first one, but they lacked a lot of Digimon.

Cons that made this game worse:
-Expanded the main town map into like tons of rooms.
-Quests: You have to do 4 other quests before you can continue on with the main quest. That goes on in a loop
-You'd have to get back to your digifarm if you want to recover your HP and MP EVERY time you come back from like a mission
-Farm system: You have to buy like "memory" to add more training stuff instead of a given amount
-Digivolution system: Instead of staying at the same level or higher after digivolving, your new digimon goes back to level one and you have to build up the amount of experience needed to get to the new one.

Pros:
+You can use your stylus to see around the area before you head into a dead end
+TONS of more Digimon
+You can customize the farms to give like a higher exp gain %

Don't ask me about online play though since I've never tried it Uncertain
Tamer Brad Wrote:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...boxart.jpg

Do you honestly think I'm the kind of guy who would play that kind of game?

I'm using it to play .hack//G.U., Marvel vs Capcom 2, Grandia III, Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy XII, and Valkyrie Profile 2, games that aren't on PSP, obviously.
Ichida Wrote:

I'm using it to play .hack//G.U., Marvel vs Capcom 2, Grandia III, Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy XII, and Valkyrie Profile 2, games that aren't on PSP, obviously.

Weaboo confirmed. lol
Roan Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:

Weaboo confirmed. lol

Eh, I'd play those games.

Ichida, what I think you are is someone who cannot differentiate between someone who's joking and taking a jab at the PSP, and someone who is completely retarded and actually thinks the PSP and PS2 are the same system.

(Guess which I am?)
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:

Weaboo confirmed. lol

Eh, I'd play those games.

Ichida, what I think you are is someone who cannot differentiate between someone who's joking and taking a jab at the PSP, and someone who is completely retarded and actually thinks the PSP and PS2 are the same system.

(Guess which I am?)

[Image: 0pbf61009bcweeaboodu4.jpg]
What pisses me off most is that you people seem to get off on insulting me with these retarded terms like "weeboo" just because of the games I play. That's almost as bad as calling anyone who plays GTA a sadistic criminal prick. Whether it's a joke or not, you're all making it look like enjoying Japanese media culture is a negative thing. Not that any of the stabs at me that involve that pseudoword seem like jokes anyways. I'm already well aware that I'm not very liked here. The least you could do is stop chanting the same word at me every time I make a frigging post.
Ichida Wrote:What pisses me off most is that you people seem to get off on insulting me with these retarded terms like "weeboo" just because of the games I play. That's almost as bad as calling anyone who plays GTA a sadistic criminal prick. Whether it's a joke or not, you're all making it look like enjoying Japanese media culture is a negative thing. Not that any of the stabs at me that involve that pseudoword seem like jokes anyways. I'm already well aware that I'm not very liked here. The least you could do is stop chanting the same word at me every time I make a frigging post.

lol my post isn't even a jab at you. i would have posted it for anybody. also i don't dislike you ichida...you're just a tad fanboyish/otaku. i've seen worse though lol

(it was clearly a good timing on my part)
Ichida Wrote:What pisses me off most is that you people seem to get off on insulting me with these retarded terms like "weeboo" just because of the games I play. That's almost as bad as calling anyone who plays GTA a sadistic criminal prick. Whether it's a joke or not, you're all making it look like enjoying Japanese media culture is a negative thing. Not that any of the stabs at me that involve that pseudoword seem like jokes anyways. I'm already well aware that I'm not very liked here. The least you could do is stop chanting the same word at me every time I make a frigging post.

you'd be more well liked if you could take a joke about yourself

most of the animosity towards you comes from the fact that every time we try to make a joke with you, you throw a hissy fit

What pisses me off is people that can't laugh at themselves.

I was just making a little joke there and you go flying off the handle about it. I couldn't give two carp about the type of games you play or that you enjoy Japanese culture or whatever.

It just gets a tad annoying when all a person talks about is something that came from Japan. :\