Gaming Random Thoughts

god DAMN I actually like playing Phantasy Star Universe over live
(Jan. 02, 2009  2:44 AM)Roan Wrote: hahahahah carp that's hilarious

the music is absolutely horrible (in all aspects- including the music they play in particular levels) and annoying, as well as confirming/declining things has the ridiculous beeping noise (and you confirm/decline/cancel very often, mind you).

that said, i like the battle system. for an rpg where you level up and all that jazz, it feels like a shooter (from my point of view, because i'm always using ranged weapons).

getting money is an absolute pain for me. i always need it to buy weapons or materials to build new ones. i have to spend a lot of time on the same damn level to get money only to spend it almost all at once for a new weapon.

i don't think there is player vs player for this, so it kinda blows hard there.

i'll give it a month whether i would even consider playing the full game on live. $10 fee per month for this game is carp ridiculous (also live fees).
I was talking about the dumb carp putting credit cards in her Wii, but k... lmao
(Jan. 02, 2009  3:28 AM)bugturtles Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2009  2:44 AM)Roan Wrote: hahahahah carp that's hilarious

the music is absolutely horrible (in all aspects- including the music they play in particular levels) and annoying, as well as confirming/declining things has the ridiculous beeping noise (and you confirm/decline/cancel very often, mind you).

that said, i like the battle system. for an rpg where you level up and all that jazz, it feels like a shooter (from my point of view, because i'm always using ranged weapons).

getting money is an absolute pain for me. i always need it to buy weapons or materials to build new ones. i have to spend a lot of time on the same damn level to get money only to spend it almost all at once for a new weapon.

i don't think there is player vs player for this, so it kinda blows hard there.

i'll give it a month whether i would even consider playing the full game on live. $10 fee per month for this game is carp ridiculous (also live fees).
yo dawg play warhammer online
Ladies and gents, I present to you...

[Image: avatar-body.png]

~*~THE RAINBOW ROCKER~*~
(Jan. 02, 2009  6:33 AM)Roan Wrote: Ladies and gents, I present to you...

~*~THE RAINBOW ROCKER~*~

a challenger appears, etc.
http://www.mojang.com/notch/j4k/l4kd/
(Jan. 02, 2009  3:36 AM)Roan Wrote: I was talking about the dumb carp putting credit cards in her Wii, but k... lmao

oh i feel stupid now
i would say miis since you can do more than just look at them and make gamerpics right now
That neo gaf thread is awsome. OP was best though
lolol
It's runescape. Look up a post. Smile
(Jan. 03, 2009  9:06 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: did they update runescapes graphics?

Yep. It's High Detail now.

More pictures of the 99 magic cape and my outfit.

[Image: 09-01-03210437.png]

[Image: 09-01-03210754.png]

Much better than RS used to look. Joyful_3
i've clocked in more than 20 hours of PSU demo gameplay
lol out of boredom i've been doing some major ps3 trophy whoring the past week
a week ago i didn't even have 10 trophies (i think)..now i have 100 lol
(Jan. 03, 2009  10:29 PM)bugturtles Wrote: i've clocked in more than 20 hours of PSU demo gameplay

Wow gg gg

Then again I can't talk..I have like 20 or so hours clocked into Fallout lol
In response to your questions about runescape's graphics update...

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1290

That's when they first said about it. Pfft, they shouldn't say "HD" when it doesn't stand for "high defenition" imo but still, it's much better than before.

By the way, for a demo that is a LOT of hours spent playing. Then again I spent somewhere in the region of 200 hours to get 99 magic.
seriously i will lose this account after one month regardless if i have live or not

PSU staff purges the demo accounts after 30 days of creation, so i'm just getting the feel of the game.

mainly the more advanced stuff now, like "weapon grinding", which makes your weapon more powerful, but at a risk of losing/destroying the weapon completely; or synthesizing, which makes new weapons from raw materials (some weapons are only obtainable through this method and most if not all the time this method is cheaper than buying from an NPC store).

you can weapon grind your weapon to Lv 10 (10 being the highest grind level possible, so that means you have 10 grinds to begin with). but, the chances of grinding to a new level drop after each successful grind. if you fail a grind, your grind count resets back to zero, and you lose one maximum grind (so if you had 10 max grinds and fail once, you have 9 max grinds possible).

sucks, but you can increase your chances of having a successful grind by using higher quality grinder materials which up your chances. online you have something called "photon fortune", which affects how successful a grind may be (negative luck or positive luck).

luckily i have had the highest luck level possible today (photon fortunes are in 4 levels: 0 being the lowest and 3 being the highest), so i used that along with high quality grind materials to grind three weapons to Lv 4.

i'm scared of grinding them higher because i might lose them (plus i hate synthesizing for them- it takes X amount of time to make something).

i'm really wanting to buy PSU and the expansion pack and actually pay the $10 fee, but if FFXI is better (and cheaper or free), i'll play that instead (also considering if it's turn-based or live-action [i hate turn-based games]).
FFXI is time-based

and sucks

i played it for two months