Game of the year 08, you call it!

(Sep. 04, 2008  3:13 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: ^ no

2009 will be epic.

Why's that?

Not a whole lot has been announced for 09 so far.
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:14 AM)Roan Wrote:

2009 will be epic.

Why's that?

I dunno, expecting a lot of sequels to be announced

Not so sure about new games though.
i'm hoping for new burnout,
half life episode 3,
and operation flashpoint 2
maybe halo wars too? it looks decent.
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:14 AM)Roan Wrote:

2009 will be epic.

Why's that?

I've got to agree here, FFXIII won't be in North America by next year because of the 360 and PC. Then there is no gurantee that Square would actually be done next year. I should be getting White Knight Stories, and inFamous, but other then that, fairly dry since I don't care about a FPS with the Helghast. Oh wait, Resistance: Retribution, I guess I'm excited?
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:21 AM)Artie Wrote: RE5 carp

Eh, we'll see.

Takauechi said they were going to be announcing Gears-style controls for the game. If that happens I MIGHT look into it, but right now I am totally not interested.
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:24 AM)Roan Wrote:

Eh, we'll see.

Takauechi said they were going to be announcing Gears-style controls for the game. If that happens I MIGHT look into it, but right now I am totally not interested.

Gears style might totally kill it from being an RE game...
(Sep. 04, 2008  4:07 AM)Roo Wrote:

Eh, we'll see.

That's fine with me, RE sucks as it is right now.

Well, the controls anyway. I hate it.
(Sep. 04, 2008  4:13 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2008  4:07 AM)Roo Wrote:

Eh, we'll see.

That's fine with me, RE sucks as it is right now.

Well, the controls anyway. I hate it.

Which style? RE0-CV or RE4?
I don't even know what the carp RE0-CV is supposed to mean, but I meant RE4's control scheme.

It sucks. Not being able to aim and shoot at the same time is a false, cheap, stupid way to increase the "tension" in the game. They're just using a dated, broken carp control scheme as an excuse for the fact that their games haven't been remotely scary in YEARS.
RE0-CV means Resident Evil 0,1,2,3 and CODE Veronica. Run and gun makes games kinda boring and less challenging. Also, go play the GCN Remake of RE1
(Sep. 04, 2008  5:24 AM)Roo Wrote: RE0-CV means Resident Evil 0,1,2,3 and CODE Veronica. Run and gun makes games kinda boring and less challenging. Also, go play the GCN Remake of RE1

I have played the GC remake of RE1.

It sucked.
(Sep. 04, 2008  5:25 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2008  5:24 AM)Roo Wrote: RE0-CV means Resident Evil 0,1,2,3 and CODE Veronica. Run and gun makes games kinda boring and less challenging. Also, go play the GCN Remake of RE1

I have played the GC remake of RE1.

It sucked.

It was actually quite enjoyable. Zero sucked.
I'm gonna have to say MGS4
I want RE5: Wii Edition (probably not going to happen)!
(Sep. 05, 2008  1:28 AM)Kei Wrote: I want RE5: Wii Edition (probably not going to happen)!

hahahahaha please

Have you seen RE5? That carp is NOT happening on Wii man.
(Sep. 05, 2008  2:03 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2008  1:28 AM)Kei Wrote: I want RE5: Wii Edition (probably not going to happen)!

hahahahaha please

Have you seen RE5? That carp is NOT happening on Wii man.

Of course its not! I was just referring to the fact that the controls for RE4: Wii Edition were an improvement of the other versions (since you were complaining about them), which made the game more enjoyable, for me at least. And having RE5 on Wii would be cool.
(Sep. 05, 2008  2:03 AM)Artie Wrote: lol wii

Is that the white thing in my cabinet that sometimes glows blue that I never use?
(Sep. 05, 2008  4:35 AM)Roo Wrote:

Is that the white thing in my cabinet that sometimes glows blue that I never use?

No no its the white thing sitting under my bed collecting dust that sometimes slips out so that I trip on it.
(Sep. 05, 2008  4:37 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2008  4:35 AM)Roo Wrote:

No no its the white thing sitting under my bed collecting dust that sometimes slips out so that I trip on it.

I think my friend has one of those. All I know is sometimes I play on white drums and look at a horribly stripped down Rock Band. It doesn't even have 3 different versions of me like mine does.
Fine, I'll come out and say it, 'cause I know you want to. No game in the next two years will be Game Of The Year if it's on the Nintendo Wii, that is unless The Oprah Show starts doing that, then Nintendo wins every year.