Game of the year 08, you call it!

Chocked hes banned?

lol damn...
Can't say I'm surprised.

Even more surprising, I never complained about him or asked that he be banned. LOL
WOOOW, how could I forget this:

The World Ends With You

Absolutely GOTY for me. One of the best, if not THE best DS game to date.
(Sep. 03, 2008  3:09 AM)Kei Wrote: WOOOW, how could I forget this:

The World Ends With You

Absolutely GOTY for me. One of the best, if not THE best DS game to date.

I'd have to disagree. I absolutely hated that game
I don't really care for anything Square has put out this year. Just sayin'.

Crisis Core was pretty decent, but definitely not GOTY material.
CC was fun, I didn't get too far because my ISO kept carp up on me.
^ Buy the UMD.

I suspect handheld GOTY will go to either God Of War: Chains Of Olympus, Patapon, Crisis Core, TWEWY, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword and possibly that DS Rhythm Rengoku game.
(Sep. 03, 2008  4:29 AM)Takao Wrote: ^ Buy the UMD.

I suspect handheld GOTY will go to either God Of War: Chains Of Olympus, Patapon, Crisis Core, TWEWY, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword and possibly that DS Rhythm Rengoku game.

Buy? PSP? lol

Chains of Olympus is easily the best handheld game to come out this year.
(Sep. 03, 2008  4:48 AM)Roo Wrote:

Buy? PSP? lol

yeah people getting paid for their work, lolllllllllllllllll
As someone who pirates music, I don't really think you have much room to talk bub. Don't even give me the whole "Oh but games take more work than music" line either because you and I know that's not true. Everyone deserves to be paid for their work, but the truth is hardly anyone in any media fields are these days, all thanks to a little thing called the Internet.

We're all guilty of piracy in some form or another. I can't say I'm innocent.
(Sep. 03, 2008  6:15 AM)Roan Wrote: As someone who pirates music, I don't really think you have much room to talk bub. Don't even give me the whole "Oh but games take more work than music" line either because you and I know that's not true. Everyone deserves to be paid for their work, but the truth is hardly anyone in any media fields are these days, all thanks to a little thing called the Internet.

We're all guilty of piracy in some form or another. I can't say I'm innocent.

but i don't laugh at the notion of actually paying for something
MGS4, I don't care what other people think, I carp loved it
GTA4 was fun, but overrated
Brawl I haven't tried, but I'm guessing that it was hyped way too much, judging by some vids

I'm hoping CoD5 will be a candidate, but i kinda doubt it too
Although I have only played the demo so far...Soul Caliber 4! I love it

I think GoW2 will do pretty well too
(Sep. 01, 2008  9:03 PM)brandonk129 Wrote: all the ps3 owners on here (including roan and artie) are getting resistance 2 day 1? right? RIGHT?
no
Resistance 2 looks... Flat. And boring.

Also...

Evan Wrote:Although I have only played the demo so far...Soul Caliber 4! I love it

hahahaha gtfo
(Sep. 03, 2008  10:13 PM)Roan Wrote:
Evan Wrote:Although I have only played the demo so far...Soul Caliber 4! I love it

hahahaha gtfo

Serious
Soul Calibur reminds me that Street Fighter IV is out, which reminds me about Tekken, neither of which are out on consoles yet Unhappy
What?

SCIV isn't really bad I guess, but its definitely not Game of the Year material, especially when stacked up against the rather amazing competition -- Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge, Fable 2, LittleBigPlanet, etc.

It doesn't even come close to competing with those games.
The World Ends With You
Rock Band 2
EA Skate 2
Can't remember when the release date for Ninja Storm is, but if it's before Xmas..
Spore
Little Big Planet.
(Sep. 03, 2008  10:19 PM)Roan Wrote: What?

If that is in response to me, I mean SF IV is out in the 4 remaining arcades in North America. While Tekken has invaded the arcades in Japanf ro some times.

Neither have their console release yet.
It wasn't directed at you Takao, it was at Kei. Wink
(Sep. 03, 2008  10:19 PM)Roan Wrote: What?

SCIV isn't really bad I guess, but its definitely not Game of the Year material, especially when stacked up against the rather amazing competition -- Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge, Fable 2, LittleBigPlanet, etc.

It doesn't even come close to competing with those games.

I'm not saying its GOTY or anything, but it seemed like you thought it was really bad or something! lol
It wasn't BAD, really.

Just pretty average. I'd probably give it like a 6.5/7 on a 10 point scale.
(Sep. 03, 2008  11:41 PM)Nikku Wrote: The World Ends With You
Rock Band 2
EA Skate 2
Can't remember when the release date for Ninja Storm is, but if it's before Xmas..
Spore
Little Big Planet.

Skate 2 isn't coming out till next year, and it will be GOTY 2009 ;p