Galzzly Draft!

This guy was one of my first three beyblades (the other two were more impressive, Dranzer S and Dragoon S), and while all of it’s parts except the weight disk are long since broken or worn beyond legality (and I have no idea which weight disk belonged to it, so that could be gone too), I have two others, an original red one I keep for display, and a Hasbro hyperblade one which is the one I use for experimenting with and so on.
Anyway, the SAR is good if you fix it in place, and other than that there’s not much to say.
I Wrote:Galzzly

Attack Ring (AR): War Bear

The Attack Ring of Galzzly, War Bear, takes the shape of two Bear heads, followed by three closely arranged protrusions with a pickaxe-like appearance. In right spin, the heads of the AR are the main impact point, providing some blunt [[Smash Attack]], but causing a lot of recoil in the process. The other protrusions are too closely packed together to have any noticeable effect.
In left spin, the leading spike has some [[Smash Attack]] ability, but it is quite weak, and also rather fragile, and overall is not worth using.

As such, War Bear itself is largely useless, and it is only hindered by the inclusion of a Free-Spinning Sub Ring, which adds recoil and dampens the attack. Even with less obstructive SARs, it still has no competitive value.

Sub-Attack Ring (SAR): War Bear SAR:
War Bear also has a free spinning Sub-AR, in the shape of two large, pickaxe-like protrusions. The leading edge in right spin is large and blunt and due to the free spinning nature, largely ineffectual, only serving to slow down the beyblade it is attached to without adding any amount of [[Smash Attack]]. In left spin, the contact point is much sharper, but due to its free-spinning nature, again mostly useless.

That said, this part does have some use. In left spin, the contact point is excellently shaped for [[Smash Attack]], though this is usually not helpful because, being free spinning, it cannot deliver a solid hit. However, a few setups exist which fix it in place, allowing it to be used successfully in [[Smash Attack]] customization.

===Use in [[Smash Attack]] Customization==-
An example combination which fixes War Bear’s SAR in place and uses this to execute powerful [[Smash Attack]] is as follows:

AR: Dragon Breaker
SAR: War Bear
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left SG (MG Core)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2

While the use of two relatively high recoil, rather unpopular AR parts may seem nonsensical, these two have excellent synergy: Dragon Breaker has a lot of power, but the lack of suitable Sub-ARs and some recoil issues means it sees little use. However, because it is a relatively thick AR, it is able to fix the War Bear Sub-AR in place, sandwiching the Sub-AR against the Weight Disk, and with a weight disk like Wide Defense, this creates enough friction to allow it to deliver solid hits with relatively little movement.

The War Bear SAR also improves the consistency of Dragon Breaker, which improves the recoil issues, and also helps balance the AR out slightly. As a result, while this combination does have some recoil, it is far less than that of [[OHKO]] ARs such as Whale Crusher ([[Seaborg 2]]). Furthermore, the excellent range of the two means that they can easily make contact with opponents, where other Attack Rings would have near misses, this setup usually makes contact.

SG Metal Flat 2 increases the stamina of the combination and gives good aggressive movement, and any control issues are mitigated by the prodigious range of the AR+SAR setup. Wide Defense fixes the SAR in place and promotes aggressive movement, and, combined with an MG Core, has enough weight to control recoil.

For maximum potency, the War Bear SAR should be arranged as in the picture to the right, sitting above the red-stickered section of Dragon Breaker. It does shift somewhat after delivering hard hits during battle, and should be re-adjusted between rounds.
The Weight Disk should sit with the flat side against the base, fixing the Sub-Ring in place.

Weight Disk: 8 Wide: See Wide Weight Disks

Spin Gear: Right SG: See Right SG

Blade Base: SG Flat: See SG Flat

Alternate Versions:
A-63 Paint Kit (White)
A-110 BBA Attacker (Blue, comes with 8 Heavy instead of 8 Wide, as well as alternate decals.)
Galzzly - Clear Read (RBV4)
Galzzly - Blue (RBV5)
Galzzly - Grey (RBV5)
Galzzly - Mustard (RBV5)
Galzzly - Dark Green (RBV6)
Galzzly - Yellow (RBV6)
Galzzly - Grey (RBV7)
Galzzly - Chestnut (RBV7)
[[Hyperblades]] Galzzly (Periwinkle/Purple)
[[Metal Master]] Galzzly (Metallic Red w/ Red Plated 8 Wide)

Overall: While Galzzly’s Sub Ring has some use, the rest of the parts have none, and it is not a worthwhile purchase unless one wishes to experiment with a wider range of attackers. Outside of that, it is only worth buying for collection purposes.

Comments: I used sub ring because it just seems more correct than Sub-AR, given SG Wing Base uses one on the base. I can change it if need be.

I’ll take a decent picture tomorrow when I have better light, if I can, but here’s a poorly lit, blurry one that should give you a vague idea (maybe someone else should take a photo because I suck with cameras?):
The combination listed is really, really surprising. I put it together and was like “welp, this is gonna come flying back at me and take out my eye”, but instead, it started sending opponents flying at me at incredible speed. Oh, and this was on Fantom Grip Base. It actually works surprisingly well on Fantom Grip Base, the best I’ve seen any AR do on it, but SG MF2 is stillllll better.

You’d think it would be a OHKO dealio, but the recoil isn’t debilitating enough to use 10 Heavy or an HMC, even on a metal tip. Put Whale Crusher on that combo, use it against a decent compact, and it flies out after almost every hit. Dragon Breaker + War Bear doesn’t. It does travel backwards after some hits, but very rarely leaves a Tornado Attack stadium. Spike Dragon (Dragoon V2) DKOs at least as often as it KO’s, this setup doesn’t DKO nearly as often.

That might differ in BB-10, I haven’t really used it that much there, but it should still have noticeably less trouble with recoil than Whale Crusher/Spike Dragon.

No HMC in the combo because as stated, it doesn’t need the extra controllability (due to the crazy range it has) or any extra recoil control. It might help in BB-10 if you are having recoil problems, but yeah. Using a magnecore gives you a little more stamina that can be really handy in some situations.

I've took the picture, I'll update this post when it's uploaded.
Anyways neat draft. Pretty much anything that needs sayign is there.
Awesome, thanks :3

I did realise I forgot to include the alternate version section, that'll be done soon.
Um,
Hyperblades Glazzly
Glazzly (Clear Red)
Glazzly (Mustard)
Glazzly (Grey)
Glazzly (Blue)
Glazzly (Yellow)
Glazzly (Dark Green)
Glazzly (Grey)
Glazzly (Chestnut)
Glazzly (White color in set)
By the way, I'm pretty sure this is how you spell it.
It's "Galzzly", I have it in front of me, and I'm pretty sure the Katakana under the facebolt reads "Garuzarii"

I'll get the RB recolours off this: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Random-B...tents-List (insanely useful thread that).

The White one was a paint kit one right?
http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Be...zly_A9.pdf
Looks like Galzzly to me :v
EDIT: Well... maybe not XD *looks at post below*
EDIT 2: The Beyblade Parts List says Galzzly... let me see what the product list says
EDIT 3: The product list says Galzzly, too... th!nk is right.
The White one is from a paint set like you thought. Maybe put the item number too since it was an official release.
Anyway, added alternate versions. Can't remember the full name of the paint kit properly though, I think that's correct but it could well be totally wrong.

Oh, also threw on Metal Master, we forgot that one.

And guys, as I said, the beyblade has it written on it clearly, I have the box too, so I'm pretty sure it's Galzzly, even without taking the wiki into account. Wink

UltraBlader: Oh, derrrp, I saw that yesterday, how did I forget?!

EDIT: Also forgot BBA Attacker, Added that. From what I can tell from box images it came with 8 Heavy.
Good Draft!
You missed a period in two places, though. After the first paragraph and this one.

(Jan. 24, 2012  2:45 AM)Imperial Wrote: Good Draft!
You missed a period in two places, though. After the first paragraph and this one.

Fixed, thanks again for your help Smile

Should be good to go now, unless anyone has anything else to add?

EDIT: Tidied up the Alternate Versions section.
If anyone has or is able to get pictures for this, please do so. Otherwise, this looks fine.
Um where's the beybox since you're doing it in wiki format so it's just gonna be copied over? I'm mainly asking since for the items number you should put the H- release number too.
We can type the beybox ourselves... what's missing are weights.
Okay it was mainly just so he mentions both items numbers since these days the H series one is a lot easier to find IIRC.
The H and A Code numbers for Galzzly are the same anyway.

And yes, all formatting will be done when I get the go-ahead to put it up.

I can try and take pictures of mine tomorrow, but I am a terrible photographer.
You are 3000% legend.

Thanks Grin
There is one thing, the one point with "picture to the right" lacks a picture to the right, but give me a few minutes and I'll get onto it, if I can get my internet to stay up for longer than 30 seconds at a time. I'll also fix a couple of teeny tiny errors I've just spotted.
I accidentally left some weird things in the article and forgot the SG section, so I updated that. I forgot about the Picture to the Right part... I'm not sure we can use that image, so I'm changing that part to:

Quote:For maximum potency, the War Bear SAR should be arranged so that the protrusion of the SAR is sitting above the red-stickered section of Dragon Breaker.

until a better image can be put up.
That's alright, I've just taken a picture that should be significantly better (though my beyblades aren't in mint condition by any means sooo) Give me a couple minutes to crop it and I'll put it here for you to check.

Admittedly, image boxes are something I've never done in wiki code.
Probably the best picture I've ever taken, though that says very little other than my dad's camera has good Auto-Focus

I think we'll wait for Kei's word on that one. The picture's good, but the Beyblade looks... terrible.
Hah, I thought that might be a problem. It's seen a fair bit of use when I was testing it, as well as being second-hand, and quite old, ahah. Honestly, I should remove the stickers all together.

If someone else has one in better condition and can take the photo (even with a different base and 10-Wide), it'd be good, so beywiki doesn't need my messed up parts.