Gabriel Draft

Cut the grouchy, dismissive attitude already.
It is still an alternate version so until we sort out actual articles for it, it deserves a section and passing description. As for who cares, I care about it, and anyone interested in making this project the best it can be should be interested in it. Whether or not you like it is completely irrelevant, it is still strongly related and deserving of more than a passing mention.

Anyway, here, wrote this.
Quote:==White Gabriel G==
Hasbro released Gabriel as White Gabriel G, replacing the base and spin gear with engine gear versions. They also moved the Sub-AR from SG Wing Base to a remolded version of the AR. Hasbro's Twin Horn is thinner and has space at the bottom to fit the Sub-AR. Even using different Sub-AR's, such as War Lion, this part is considered outclassed in every way by its Takara Counterpart, due to overall poorer weight distribution and higher recoil. It can be used with War Lion's Sub-AR as a viable alternative to the Takara Version, however it offers little improvement over an unaltered War Lion AR+SAR combination.

The Hasbro version used the following parts:
AR: Twin Horn (Hasbro Version)
SAR: SG Wing Base Sub-Ring
WD: Revolver Attack
SG: Left Customise EG
BB: First Clutch Base (Dragoon G)
CEW: Metal Semi-Flat

Due to the negative effects of the changes to Twin Horn, the prize part of this beyblade, and generally outclassed parts, White Gabriel G is generally considered largely useless, and is mainly bought for its value as a collectors item.

Fiddle with it or whatever, I'm tired so it isn't perfect, I'm just on a writing spree right now so I figured I'd post that while I could.
I am certiantly envious of you th!nk. I have enough basic knowlage to write articles for some plastics myself, but now that I dont own many of the beys anymore, there wouldnt be a point.

In that case, I say White Gabriel G should have its own article asap. I dont see why we would have to wait. th!nk, would you mind getting a draft started? You dont have to of course.
I've got 18 or so articles/rewrites on the go at the moment. When I get the Takara Gabriel I have coming and compare the AR's more thoroughly I will probably throw together an article, but if this goes up before then, that section should be included.
18? I have seen how hard you are working on beywiki lately, but that hard? I am impressed.

I agree. Until a proper daft/article for While Gabriel G is written, that section you wrote should be added to Galaxy's draft.
Just for the record, Zeus's SAR limits your weight disk choice. Haven't had time to check everything but I know if you use Wide Defence it doesn't fit an AR, while 8 Heavy does.

Oh, and I tried the double War Lion thing, it was pretty average. The tip is way too aggressive for defensive use. Don't bother using mint parts to try it. Also tried with Two War Bear SAR's with Dragon Breaker main AR (Gaia Dragoon V), and Cross Griffon and a Screw Zeus SAR. Both sucked. The base has scraping issues with large SAR's for starters, and it's not aggressive enough and doesn't have enough grip for attack, as well as being too aggressive for defence.

So yeah, an interesting oddity, but not a useful part by any means.

Oh, and I think every def/stam enthusiast should own this bey, but you really only need one. I mean, if you're gonna buy another gabriel for just the AR, you may as well wait a bit and buy a Bearing Gyro instead, though I've only just got the two so not 100% on which I prefer yet.
Quote:Contents
1 Attack Ring (AR): Twin Horn
1.1 Use in Zombie\LAD customization
2 WD: Revolver Attack
3 Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Version)
4 Blade Base (BB): SG Wing Base
5 Other Version
6 Gallery
7 Overall

Note: This Beyblade is a Prize Bey and can be obtained from Random Booster 7 and\or Random Booster F.
Also, you can obtain this Beyblade purchasing the Hasbro Ver. that comes with an EG system; Twin Horn (Hasbro Ver.) holds a S-AR.

Attack Ring (AR): Twin Horn
Weight: 5 grams
Twin Horn is an Attack Ring that depicts two symmetrical rams in a rather rounded silhouette with small notches around the perimeter.This Attack ring sees use in Zombie\LAD combos in order to steal spin from the opposing Beyblade due to it's rounded shape. It also has a small amount of Smash Attack that can occasionally knock out the opposing Beyblade. It is important to note that the Hasbro Version of Twin Horn was modified to support a Sub-Ring, which is another viable option for combos, when used in combination with Dragon Saucer. This AR is very rare; for this reason, it is not the first choice in combos as it should be.

Use in Zombie\LAD Customization:
* Note refer to Adding a Different SG if you do not know how to setup the SG.

AR: Twin Horn (Gabriel)
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo-Left SG* (Customize Bearing) (Burning Kerberous)
SG Shaft: SG (Bearing Version) (Wolborg)
SP: Defense Ring (Voltaic Ape)
BB: Customize Grip (Dragoon V2)

Due to Customize Grip's ability to hold a SP, Life After Death is able to occur more often due to shape of the SP.

Weight Disk (WD): Revolver Attack

Weight: 15 grams
Revolver Attack is a Weight Disk with 8 rounded notches. Typically, this Weight Disk appears to be useful for Weight Disk Attack Combinations, however, it's width is comparable to that of 8 Heavy, which is not optimal for weight disk attack.

Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Version)

Weight: 5 grams
The Neo Right Spin Gear is an upgraded version over the regular Right Spin Gear, due to the fact that it can hold Metal Cores. In this setup, it wields the Metal Weight, which is the lightest out of all of the cores.

Blade Base (BB): SG Wing Base
Weight: 7 grams
SG Wing Base is a Flat Blade Base that holds a Sub Attack Ring. In it's default setup, the base holds the same Sub-AR as Cyber Dragoon Battle Spec. The tip of the base is made of hard plastic. However, due to the fact that this tip is relatively small and made of plastic, it cannot be a viable option for attack, as other bases overtake it completely. In it's default setup, the base's sub-AR scrapes along the stadium floor a lot, causing it to kill its stamina entirely, therefore, this Blade Base can't be considered for competitive beybattling.

Other Versions
Gabriel (Random Booster 7, Silver Ver.)
Gabriel (Random Booster F, White Ver.)
White Gabriel G (Hasbro Ver.)

Gallery

(I'll get these soon)

Overall

Overall, Gabriel is a rather interesting bey, with its base and great attack ring for Zombie and Survival combos. At the end of the day, there are cheaper alternatives that may not be as good as Twin Horn due to the rareness of the bey, deeming it as a welcome addition to any competitive player's collection.

I did a lot of reworking for this draft, because I really don't like how rarer beyblades have either bad, or no article at all on the current wiki. And yeah, 4 year necro wooooo
Man, there are so many options for Zombies that are nearly or just as good as this, correct? If I'm right about that then I seriously doubt it's a necessity, and much less one that requires a player to have multiple copies.
Plus I've never heard of one breaking, and it's quite rare; I find the suggestion that someone should by multiples pretty strict.
(Jan. 31, 2016  9:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Plus I've never heard of one breaking, and it's quite rare; I find the suggestion that someone should by multiples pretty strict.

Yeah, I'm planning to go through the overall section again, because the sentence "aesthetically pleasing beyblade" is entirely opinionated, and you really only need 1 copy of it. At this point, we have cheaper alternatives that might not be as good as twin horn, but are more widely available. So at this point, I'd at least deem twin horn as "welcome addition" tier.
OK, let me know once the draft is edited, if that is the consensus.
So I think this should be good to go, any last checks? I'm going to be getting the pictures soon enough.

@[Ultra] I feel like I should get your thoughts as well.
I don't really know all that much since I don't own it but i'll throw in my 2 cents:

Lots of things nearly as good but not as good apart from one or two AR's. You don't have to own it but i'd say it's a good thing if you like zombies.

Also while it is rare to an extent I wouldn't say it's really hard to find. It's more costly than rare which is the reason why Tiger Defenser and Scissor Attacker are probably better buys.

However i'd tag in someone who owns it since they'd be more qualified than me to answer.
(Jan. 31, 2016  11:49 PM)Ultra Wrote: I don't really know all that much since I don't own it but i'll throw in my 2 cents:

Lots of things nearly as good but not as good apart from one or two AR's. You don't have to own it but i'd say it's a good thing if you like zombies.

Also while it is rare to an extent I wouldn't say it's really hard to find. It's more costly than rare which is the reason why Tiger Defenser and Scissor Attacker are probably better buys.

However i'd tag in someone who owns it since they'd be more qualified than me to answer.

Yeah, I agree to an extent. I was talking it over with *Ginga* and pretty much came to the conclusion that it's in a pretty similar relationship as Defense Grip Base/Uriel 2.

Thanks for the input!
I don't own a Gabriel of any kind myself (for most of the reasons previously stated), but I know @[Zoroaste] owns both versions. If you're recommending a Zombie combo, I would use Wolborg 2's Shaft instead of Wolborg's, I do remember @[Neo] saying at some point that Twin Guard (Orthrus) has slightly better synergy with Twin Horn than Defense Ring?

Somewhere in my Wolborg 4 draft I cited one of th!nk's posts that said that using Hasbro Twin Horn + Dragon Saucer is more effective against opposite spin combos and can defeat Circle Survivor consistently, but is also more susceptible to Upper Attack than the Takara Version. You might want to make a note of that in the Mold Differences (would a change this drastic even be considered a Mold?) section for Twin Horn.
I only have the white Hasbro one in hand. The silver one is on its way to the zenmarket warehouse. That's cool about Twin Guard, definitely going to have to get a Blizz soon then and try it out
(Feb. 02, 2016  6:55 AM)Wombat Wrote: I don't own a Gabriel of any kind myself (for most of the reasons previously stated), but I know @[Zoroaste] owns both versions. If you're recommending a Zombie combo, I would use Wolborg 2's Shaft instead of Wolborg's, I do remember @[Neo] saying at some point that Twin Guard (Orthrus) has slightly better synergy with Twin Horn than Defense Ring?

Somewhere in my Wolborg 4 draft I cited one of th!nk's posts that said that using Hasbro Twin Horn + Dragon Saucer is more effective against opposite spin combos and can defeat Circle Survivor consistently, but is also more susceptible to Upper Attack than the Takara Version. You might want to make a note of that in the Mold Differences (would a change this drastic even be considered a Mold?) section for Twin Horn.

Neo is now @[neo]. Wink
(Feb. 02, 2016  6:55 AM)Wombat Wrote: I don't own a Gabriel of any kind myself (for most of the reasons previously stated), but I know @[Zoroaste] owns both versions. If you're recommending a Zombie combo, I would use Wolborg 2's Shaft instead of Wolborg's, I do remember @[Neo] saying at some point that Twin Guard (Orthrus) has slightly better synergy with Twin Horn than Defense Ring?

I've contacted Neo through PM, and yeah, the combo is outdated. I didn't come home til late last night so a lot of changes are bound to happen. Despite the fact that twin guard has synergy with twin horn, defense ring would be the better option. If you're looking to use Wolborg 2's Shaft, you might as well go the extra mile and get a hasbro twin horn, because it can use Dragon Saucer, which is a better option that takara twin horn for Defensive Zombies. And as for the Hasbro twin horn, Neo himself said he was going to write White Gabriel G, so a whole section would be kinda unnecessary, rather than just briefly explaining that the Hasbro version can hold a sub-ar

EDIT: Made some of the changes Neo recommended, how is it now? @[~Stoney~] @[neo] @[Wombat]
EDIT 2: More slight changes, got rid of the dragon saucer part because it would fit better in the White Gabriel G article.
Wolborg 1's tip doesn't stay in the Burning Kerberous casing though. It comes right out. I just use the whole original Burning Kerberous setup for my stamina zombie, just replacing the top bearing with a good one.
Unless there is a way to get wb1's shaft to stay in? It does seem like the tip would be better
(Feb. 02, 2016  10:06 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Wolborg 1's tip doesn't stay in the Burning Kerberous casing though. It comes right out. I just use the whole original Burning Kerberous setup for my stamina zombie, just replacing the top bearing with a good one.
Unless there is a way to get wb1's shaft to stay in? It does seem like the tip would be better

You're correct. Wolborg 1's tip does not stay in the casing, only BK's tip and Wolborg 2's tip stay in, and using Wolborg 2's tip on Customize Bearing Base makes it so that the tip is fixed, causing somewhat aggressive movements.

EDIT: I lied, apparently Dranzer S's Casings are the only one's that make this work on customize bearing base
(Feb. 02, 2016  10:09 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2016  10:06 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Wolborg 1's tip doesn't stay in the Burning Kerberous casing though. It comes right out. I just use the whole original Burning Kerberous setup for my stamina zombie, just replacing the top bearing with a good one.

You're correct. Wolborg 1's tip does not stay in the casing, only BK's tip and Wolborg 2's tip stay in, and using Wolborg 2's tip on Customize Bearing Base makes it so that the tip is fixed, causing somewhat aggressive movements.

EDIT: I lied, apparently Dranzer S's Casings are the only one's that make this work on customize bearing base

Wait, why would you use BK's Base on a Zombie? It holds Wolborg 2's Tip in place, and doesn't that kinda defeat the whole purpose of having Bearings if the Tip doesn't spin freely? Personally I would only use CGB or Wolborg 2's Base for a Zombie but I know several others prefer BK's Base (good luck trying to get the tip out though).

If you're just trying to make like a Left Spin Stamina Type th!nk says that BK's Shaft is also more stable and takes hits better than MDBS or Wolborg 1 Shafts, which also seems to line up with what Zoro is saying.
(Feb. 03, 2016  12:07 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2016  10:09 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:

Wait, why would you use BK's Base on a Zombie? It holds Wolborg 2's Tip in place, and doesn't that kinda defeat the whole purpose of having Bearings if the Tip doesn't spin freely? Personally I would only use CGB or Wolborg 2's Base for a Zombie but I know several others prefer BK's Base (good luck trying to get the tip out though).

If you're just trying to make like a Left Spin Stamina Type th!nk says that BK's Shaft is also more stable and takes hits better than MDBS or Wolborg 1 Shafts, which also seems to line up with what Zoro is saying.

The point is, is to not use wb2's tip at all hahaha. Wolborg 2's tip with Bk's Casings doesn't even fit according to Zoroaste.

The combo is updated in the latest version of the draft
Right, yeah, to fit the Wb2 shaft in the Customize Bearing Base, you would have to either rip the tip off before and put it back on after (making it illegal I think), or force it through, which I tried with one of my worser ones and it definitely damaged the sides of the tip a bit. So I think that would also make that combo "not fit" and be dubbed illegal
Alright, I think this is good to go, save for the pictures.
Hm, there are many grammatical mistakes such as many terms not being capitalised and almost every instance of "its" being mispelt as "it's" hah. Other than that, perhaps just mention the Sub Attack Ring somewhere in the descriptions, and not just in the Overall section ? Also, is there anything that can be said about the Spin Gear ? Is it good, useful, so-so, etc. ?
(Feb. 08, 2016  4:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, there are many grammatical mistakes such as many terms not being capitalised and almost every instance of "its" being mispelt as "it's" hah. Other than that, perhaps just mention the Sub Attack Ring somewhere in the descriptions, and not just in the Overall section ? Also, is there anything that can be said about the Spin Gear ? Is it good, useful, so-so, etc. ?

How did I miss the "it's" part multiple times, that's quite embarrassing hahaha. The Sub-AR is mentioned with the blade base, but I suppose I could definitely elaborate on which one it is.

Cool, thanks!