GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship 2014!!!

(Feb. 25, 2014  9:56 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: So in response to the Qualifiers will the two finalists have to do the 3 matches again like last year and see who won more rounds?

Yeah, same format as last year. The hosts are aware of all of the details and will organize things accordingly at their respective qualifiers.

(Feb. 25, 2014  10:45 PM)Stars Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2014  10:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2014  9:05 PM)Time Wrote: Well, since no one else seems to want to, I'll go ahead and say the MD qualifier for March 23rd with me hosting

I think Arupaeo had to confirm it with us ...
Maryland Qualifier is confirmed on March 30th as Arupaeo told me via. Text message.

Can you get him to confirm that (and the location information) via PM to me so that I can get the thread posted? Or alternatively, he can go ahead and post the thread himself with the template from one of the other qualifiers. He should have access to the logo already.

(Feb. 25, 2014  11:38 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2014  11:03 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2014  10:52 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: I'm all in, but can you add more information? Do you need a passport to go to qualifiers? Do you hve to go to qualifiers?

The qualifiers are $5 without or with a blader passport.

No, but if you win a qualifier the tickets to AN are free.
Thank you very much!

Not only the AN "ticket"/pass, but your travel expenses too!
Kei If you want to just take the thread I'd submitted for proposal, it should be perfect. Also, is it paid expenses to and from or just to?
I'm glad I have 8 confirmed and a proposal up already Grin!

The awesome thing is, no matter who wins this hopeful Indiana qualifier, we will all travel to AN hopefully for this since travel will be all expense paid!
(Feb. 26, 2014  2:27 AM)Time Wrote: Also, is it paid expenses to and from or just to?

To and from.
Whoa, they're doing it again! I didn't think there would be another championship so soon, with all the expenses and coordination and stuff. But anyways, this is really exciting and I hope I can participate in the NC qualifier.
And also the Stone Faces have been released yay!
Was my suggestion influential in making all the formats available or was it more of a prediction/foreshadowing?
Maybe a Florida/ South Georgia tournament? I know a couple people that would enter. Respond to this post if you would do a Florida tournament!
You should post/ask in the Florida Tournament Discussion topic.
If there is a problem with expenses, we might, with the slightest chance be able to take the Chicago, Michigan, and Indiana victors for the qualifiers. Expense-free.
Can there be an Atlanta, Georgia qualifier?
(Feb. 26, 2014  9:10 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: Can there be an Atlanta, Georgia qualifier?
try setting one up...
(Feb. 26, 2014  9:11 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2014  9:10 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: Can there be an Atlanta, Georgia qualifier?
try setting one up...
How? I'm poor.. I'm a child..
You barely need any money for a tournament. We almost always use public locations like parks, you need at least one legal stadium as a host but it can be the other participants who bring additional stadiums, and everything else is knowing the Rulebooks by heart.
I might participate now that I see its limited XD
(Feb. 26, 2014  1:49 PM)Time Wrote: Was my suggestion influential in making all the formats available or was it more of a prediction/foreshadowing?

It was a coincidence haha. We were planning to do this before you posted that.
Hopefully the NC Qualifier will be posted tomorrow. Looking forward to it for sure. And the fact its limited makes it even more fun.
You guys could've at least told me you want me to sign stuff!
Question: If said winner of qualifier was under 16 and a parent needed to come with them to Toronto, would the parent's travel costs be paid for too?
(Feb. 27, 2014  3:56 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You guys could've at least told me you want me to sign stuff!

Hahaha, sorry! We kind of copied that part from last year and thought it wouldn't be a problem anyways, especially when you confirmed that you'd be coming.

(Feb. 27, 2014  4:05 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Question: If said winner of qualifier was under 16 and a parent needed to come with them to Toronto, would the parent's travel costs be paid for too?

We'll try to accommodate, but our main priority is to have enough funds for all of the qualifiers first. Thankfully last year some of the younger qualifiers were driven to Toronto by their parents, so it didn't really make a difference.
I can't wait for this tournament, I love the fact that all the formats are being used and it might be my first tournament Grin I am so pumped up! XD I might even get to meet the people I idolize in the beyblade community Smile
(Feb. 27, 2014  4:52 AM)Kei Wrote: Hahaha, sorry! We kind of copied that part from last year and thought it wouldn't be a problem anyways, especially when you confirmed that you'd be coming.

I'm going to sign everything as BLADER KENNY.
WOAH!! WISH this WERE in INDIA ! Seriously ! we would be loving WBO for it Grin
The Championship itself will take place on BeyDays, when a lot of places get tournaments together, India is usually one of them (well, usually at least one of the two areas we have people has something IIRC), though you guys have been a bit quiet lately (well, compared to the past anyway) - it's a while away, but perhaps it would be a good idea to talk to each other in private and start working on getting something together?

It's a shame we can't afford to fly people from all over the world, but those of us a long way away from North America can all celebrate in our own way, and be there for our own tournament scenes to make a statement on BeyDays that even without new releases, we still stand together as a community.
Wow this is awesome! Hey, Bey Brad can you sign your name for me in mid-air? Also the commite? I don't have $100, but I do have Brad spirit! I can pay you in that. That way I'll still have plenty money left and Brad spirit!!
No, Kei, I was saying that I don't have enough money to pay for the qualifier's travels.