26.83%
D
29.27%
E
14.63%
Total: 100% 41 vote(s)
GFX Competition [ROUND ONE VOTING - BLOCK B]

Here are all the entries I received from BLOCK B. The theme was as follows:

Block B: Beyblade - New Era (limited to: Metal Fight, Metal Masters, Metal Fury, Shogun Steel).

Entry A
[Image: Zero_G_Beyblade_Graphics_Contest_Entry.png]

Entry B
[Image: VsUqZEA.png]

Entry C - DISQUALIFIED FOR BEING OVER SIZE LIMIT

Entry D
[Image: samurai_pegasis_tag_wbo_competition_by_k...8awa0b.png]

Entry E
[Image: 28w1gf9.png]
Vote for your two favorite entries!

This poll will close in two days. The two entries with the most votes will be the ones advancing to the next block.

*since there are only four entries, only two will be advancing.
Hey these are all really great but I think d and e are really the same so yeah
No they aren't, they have different lighting and backgrounds.
Yeah I know it's just the bey
When I PMed you I asked you to reply if anything was wrong with it, you couldn't have just done that?

It's just common courtesy... Whatever though, I asked to be taken out anyways.

Anyways, B and D look best. Only thing I didn't like was the Pegasis blocked the I of Samurai (EDIT: not really blocking out of sight, but at first glanced you have a hard time seeing it since it's dark and in a dark background) in D. Good job guys.
I actually didn't read any of the messages that were sent to me attentively, I quickly opened them to see if the link was working and filed them away.

Your entry was way, way off the size required. That is a basic skill as a graphic designer ... to set canvas sizes.

There was someone else who asked about their entry on the thread, they were only a couple pixels off. I responded to their post on the thread and even posted a picture that shows exactly what 500x200 looks like.

When you enter any and all competitions, it is not the organizer's responsibility to make sure you have made your entry correctly. For example, if a scholarship application asked you to write an essay about balloons and you decided to write and submit one about cars - it's highly unlikely that they will track you down and let you know that you didn't read the rules properly. When it comes to judging, they will look at your entry, see that it doesn't adhere to their guidelines and not proceed any further.

It's life. I certainly don't appreciate you putting the blame for your lack of attention on me.
It's not a college application though, it's a small beyblade GFX contest. I thought it was the organizers job to keep everything in order while he/she tries to make it enjoyable. There were like 12 entries, wouldn't have really been hard to tell an entrant to try to resize it.

It's fine though, Angry Face showed me a good resizing website.

EDiT: in an app I set it to 501x198 or so, and I pressed default for size on tinypic, assuming it would set it the size as the original size it made it, but I guess not...
To be completely honest with you, I do not intend to cater to every tiny thing. I do what I can, as I have many other things to do as well. I am not a very compassionate person either and "tough luck" is all I have to say. Maybe that is the case with other organizers, but not me. My condolences.
You could have always done this DRAGON KING:

Code:
[Img=500x200]Insert image link[/img]

(Dec. 28, 2014  7:06 PM)Makashima Wrote: You could have always done this DRAGON KING:

Code:
[Img=500x200]Insert image link[/img]

I didn't know that.
Guys, does it really matter? It's nothing ultra important anyway...

Good luck to everyone else!
Wow, A, B and D are all real close in votes!

Good luck to all, though! Even though my entry is in this block, I'm still going to vote - voting for entries D and E. Smile
It doesn't explicitly say this in the rules but I hope everyone knows that making alternate accounts to skew the vote is not allowed. Not only will you be disqualified, you will possibly be warned as well.
I voted for D and E. They're just the most appealing to me.
Moving on from this block will be entrants A and D. Stay tuned for a new thread for round two!