Future of Beyblades : After Burst?

They should keep making burst products but they also should make a new system and make an hybrid toyline.
In my opinion, I think the beys might have small metal fans on a chassis-like part of the bey that can be activated for like 5 secs or smth. There have been beys like Trypio (I don't do plastics tho, idk how it is) garuda, and air knight, that don't get a lot of attention, and I think like 50% of MFB special moves have to do w/ air (tornados, soundwaves, flying, etc.) I know this has some flaws both safety and mechanical, but TT made beys that explode if one hit them hard enough, and Hasbro made not only a variation of that but Slingshock & Hypersphere, which are insane concepts that actually work.
im scared for the end of beyblade but i think that they can keep it going... if burst continues for a few more years, we can possibly get a series with valt's kids... or we can get a spin-off of shu's POV. we can only hope right now but heres a main question, by the way burst is going who will be the next main character?
(Sep. 06, 2020  4:21 PM)LEOBBG Wrote: im scared for the end of beyblade but i think that they can keep it going... if burst continues for a few more years, we can possibly get a series with valt's kids... or we can get a spin-off of shu's POV. we can only hope right now but heres a main question, by the way burst is going who will be the next main character?

I'm kind of scared for the end of burst too....
i don't think Beyblades would just end and be done forever after superking...but who knows.

i would honestly think it would be a smart business decision to just continue making Superking, even after the show is finished. 
Its like they've spent so much time and effort developing the system to where it is now, why not just milk it a bit more?

i would be perfectly fine if they just kept making new beyblades without having a show/manga to rely on if thats the major hangup.
Well there was a similar situation when the MFB ended. The future of beyblade was unknown and there was speculation that beyblade would end (partly due to the horrid run of Zero G ). However after 3 years we had Burst. Beyblade is extremely popular in japan and has been running since 2001 if i am correct. So i would say that you should not worry about beyblade
they should do the beys as if they are full circle and are 1 piece. it makes sense because its better and don't call it Beyblades. no I'm not a Beyblade hater I love Beyblades. they really should make them full circle as if they were like perfect circle from dusk balkesh.
I think the same about how the burst mechanic should reappear for future series, but not on the MFB part, I can understand why so many people like it, but at the same time i grew bored of it rather quickly, is not "colorful" has the other series, the metal got dirty rather quickly , and with time they all started looking similar to me.
I was so on MFB has a hobby that I even helped a little bit testing combos or saw difference on a couple of molds, but ended up selling almost all and keeping only Meteo L-Drago SA165BSF, because it was the only one that really stand out

I didn't see MFB anime, I saw Bakuten, still I don't think Bakuten style should come back either, even when it would have been nice to have more HMS
For me, TT really nailed it with Burst has a toy/hobby, is colorful, full of details, it has the right amount of weight (hope they stop making them heavier, that would be counterproductive in the long ran)

Really difficult to think about something for "after" burst, since is the better series for me

Last but not least, I do prefer burst eventually end, not because I don't want more of it, but because is better to retire when is still good, give it a rest like with the other series, and come back better than ever, and not be like other toys/hobbies that were so squeezed through the years that some people don't want to remember (*cof cof* yugioh *cof cof*)

So, TL; DR: after burst? a break, then something new, maybe with burst mechanic

(sorry if something is not writing right, is pretty late here and my mind can't translate anymore)
(Apr. 22, 2020  12:29 AM)jagzz0604 Wrote: i would want them personaly to return to metal

Totally agree!  Nothing as satisfying as hearing 2 metal beys battling!
Maybe they will rerelease the old beys like dragoon or Nemesis
Personal I would hate to go back to MFB, I found of they weren't attack types the battles would just be a stamina battle which gets boring after a while, but I loved Zero-G the stadium was one of the best I've seen and why I like Hasbro stadium it's different and creates a whole different battle experience
I really want beyblade to back to Zero G, it was so underrated, but it was the funniest and got the best customization, I really want an Ifrit(Ifraid) evolution.
By the way this is necroposting?
No this is not nercoposting
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:49 AM)Ali Baba Wrote: I really want beyblade to back to Zero G, it was so underrated, but it was the funniest and got the best customization, I really want an Ifrit(Ifraid) evolution.
By the way this is necroposting?

it's not necroposting to comment on a thread that's all of two days old, no. Necroposting is responding to a thread that hasn't seen a reply in months, and should only be done with a significant addition to the thread.

As to what after burst, I'd actually hope they focus on keeping the system's simplicity and ease of construction but remove the bursting mechanic. It was fun, but it feels like a single-line sort of thing like MFB's all-metal contacts.
Removing the ability to burst is like removing the 3-point line in the NBA. The game has progressed and it’s an import part to it’s evolution. It’s the great equalizer.
(Oct. 01, 2020  3:19 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Removing the ability to burst is like removing the 3-point line in the NBA. The game has progressed and it’s an import part to it’s evolution. It’s the great equalizer.

Modern Burst beys very rarely ever burst at all, so how is that "equalizing" anything? The 3-point line is a way to reward long shots, but Bursting as a reward is already falling out of use.

As long as they can ensure that Attack is still powerful enough to see use without burst finishes, which is easily done through good designs, there's no problem at all with removing it as a mechanic for whatever comes next.
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:31 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  3:19 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Removing the ability to burst is like removing the 3-point line in the NBA. The game has progressed and it’s an import part to it’s evolution. It’s the great equalizer.

Modern Burst beys very rarely ever burst at all, so how is that "equalizing" anything? The 3-point line is a way to reward long shots, but Bursting as a reward is already falling out of use.

As long as they can ensure that Attack is still powerful enough to see use without burst finishes, which is easily done through good designs, there's no problem at all with removing it as a mechanic for whatever comes next.

Maybe the most modern meta combos hardly burst sure, but PLENTY of modern beys burst. It’s not TT’s fault everyone uses the same 5 combos. 

As I stated before, and I stand by it, going from 3 ways to win back to 2 is regression. 

And like a HR in baseball, a burst is still the most exciting thing in a beyblade match. 

And as you so eloquently stated in the RBV 22 thread “it doesn’t have to be meta to be fun”. So in the realm of fun, bursts happen often enough.
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:58 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:31 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Modern Burst beys very rarely ever burst at all, so how is that "equalizing" anything? The 3-point line is a way to reward long shots, but Bursting as a reward is already falling out of use.

Maybe the most modern meta combos hardly burst sure, but PLENTY of modern beys burst. It’s not TT’s fault everyone uses the same 5 combos. 

As I stated before, and I stand by it, going from 3 ways to win back to 2 is regression. 

And like a HR in baseball, a burst is still the most exciting thing in a beyblade match. 

And as you so eloquently stated in the RBV 22 thread “it doesn’t have to be meta to be fun”. So in the realm of fun, bursts happen often enough.

I literally place my Genesis Valtryek on blitz-h and reboot just to make it burst to my Mirage in one hit
We'll know when Burst is ending by Hasbro making Burst Beywarriors
(Oct. 01, 2020  6:06 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: We'll know when Burst is ending by Hasbro making Burst Beywarriors

no
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:58 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Maybe the most modern meta combos hardly burst sure, but PLENTY of modern beys burst. It’s not TT’s fault everyone uses the same 5 combos. 

Every system begins by regressing down to basics anyways. "It's going backwards" isn't much of an argument when most systems start out with some small collection of flat, sharp, ball, and mixed attribute tips anyways with little complexity. They're gonna be basic anyways. No need to make them more complicated and take away from whatever the next line is about instead of letting its newer attributes make a name for itself.

Think of it this way, each generation has had one thing unique to it. For plastics it was basically the testing grounds to see what worked and what didn't, showcasing off their beasts as a major focus and served as a major point for bey design. HMS was all about its mixed plastic/metal construction and dual-spin everything. MFB was all about massive height variation and metal-on-metal fighting. Burst dropped all that metal and added in bursting. That is what sets it apart from the others.

I don't know what comes next, none of us here do, but to stick bursting on another line that isn't Burst feels completely and entirely wrong to me. At that point what makes Burst special? Burst didn't steal its major line-wide gimmick off of one of the others, so why should the next one steal from Burst? What about bursting makes it worth making this current line less unique? Why should bursting remain a mainstay for the series just for the sake of being able to claim an extra win condition? Is an extra win condition worth it at all? I say no, it's really not worth it, but things can still be taken from Burst like its simple twist-together assembly method that could easily be incorporated into another line.

To say bursts are the most exciting thing is also a gross overstatement, especially when the final match rides on a nail-bitingly close LAD finish or something gets slammed into a pocket like a bullet. I know one of the most exciting things I've seen recently was a recorded battle between Wombat and Ardmore Bladers that resulted in Zwei Fafnir 10Glaive Jolt' yeeting Balkesh B3 00Wall Bearing out of the top of the stadium and onto the playmat for 2 points, a very rare feat recorded live. I've heard flabbergasted shouting as King on Bearing lost 2 points to Garuda G3 on Sword-S by a pair of spin finishes in my ongoing 482 bey megatournament, streamed live on Discord and making people question of Garuda might actually win that matchup. Unless the burst is a major surprise somehow or a part decides to really fly they're really not as exciting as you're making them out to be, and it means you have to reassemble everything to continue which can be a hassle anyways. In the end it's the surprise that makes it exciting, not just the means which it's revealed.

Your sports references are also really missing the point altogether. Home runs don't exist because they're exciting, they exist because you need some sort of rule for what happens if the ball goes too far out to be retrieved and excitement is the byproduct. Basketball could technically work without a three-point line, but it only promotes close-up play and gives people little reason to make riskier shots from further away. Both home runs and 3 point shots are rewards for more difficult plays, and bursting doesn't relate to either at all in that light. It's not a reward as much as it is a byproduct of your choice, or sometimes even just sheer chance.

TLDR: Though it may be a regression to remove bursting for the next series I don't think that's a bad thing. I don't feel like bursting can continue on in the next series without depreciating what they've already done here and now, and it makes whatever is to come feel overshadowed by another proven gimmick. There's plenty of things that can be learned or adapted from Burst, but beyond that I want the next thing to shine in its own way, not just borrow something from its immediate predecessor.
I hope burst dies and they bring back hms or make hms burst beys. Also I want them to have a drawing contest I know my bey will probably will lose but I think I will win.
(Oct. 01, 2020  7:59 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:58 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Maybe the most modern meta combos hardly burst sure, but PLENTY of modern beys burst. It’s not TT’s fault everyone uses the same 5 combos. 

Every system begins by regressing down to basics anyways. "It's going backwards" isn't much of an argument when most systems start out with some small collection of flat, sharp, ball, and mixed attribute tips anyways with little complexity. They're gonna be basic anyways. No need to make them more complicated and take away from whatever the next line is about instead of letting its newer attributes make a name for itself.

Think of it this way, each generation has had one thing unique to it. For plastics it was basically the testing grounds to see what worked and what didn't, showcasing off their beasts as a major focus and served as a major point for bey design. HMS was all about its mixed plastic/metal construction and dual-spin everything. MFB was all about massive height variation and metal-on-metal fighting. Burst dropped all that metal and added in bursting. That is what sets it apart from the others.

I don't know what comes next, none of us here do, but to stick bursting on another line that isn't Burst feels completely and entirely wrong to me. At that point what makes Burst special? Burst didn't steal its major line-wide gimmick off of one of the others, so why should the next one steal from Burst? What about bursting makes it worth making this current line less unique? Why should bursting remain a mainstay for the series just for the sake of being able to claim an extra win condition? Is an extra win condition worth it at all? I say no, it's really not worth it, but things can still be taken from Burst like its simple twist-together assembly method that could easily be incorporated into another line.

To say bursts are the most exciting thing is also a gross overstatement, especially when the final match rides on a nail-bitingly close LAD finish or something gets slammed into a pocket like a bullet. I know one of the most exciting things I've seen recently was a recorded battle between Wombat and Ardmore Bladers that resulted in Zwei Fafnir 10Glaive Jolt' yeeting Balkesh B3 00Wall Bearing out of the top of the stadium and onto the playmat for 2 points, a very rare feat recorded live. I've heard flabbergasted shouting as King on Bearing lost 2 points to Garuda G3 on Sword-S by a pair of spin finishes in my ongoing 482 bey megatournament, streamed live on Discord and making people question of Garuda might actually win that matchup. Unless the burst is a major surprise somehow or a part decides to really fly they're really not as exciting as you're making them out to be, and it means you have to reassemble everything to continue which can be a hassle anyways. In the end it's the surprise that makes it exciting, not just the means which it's revealed.

Your sports references are also really missing the point altogether. Home runs don't exist because they're exciting, they exist because you need some sort of rule for what happens if the ball goes too far out to be retrieved and excitement is the byproduct. Basketball could technically work without a three-point line, but it only promotes close-up play and gives people little reason to make riskier shots from further away. Both home runs and 3 point shots are rewards for more difficult plays, and bursting doesn't relate to either at all in that light. It's not a reward as much as it is a byproduct of your choice, or sometimes even just sheer chance.

TLDR: Though it may be a regression to remove bursting for the next series I don't think that's a bad thing. I don't feel like bursting can continue on in the next series without depreciating what they've already done here and now, and it makes whatever is to come feel overshadowed by another proven gimmick. There's plenty of things that can be learned or adapted from Burst, but beyond that I want the next thing to shine in its own way, not just borrow something from its immediate predecessor.

I hear what you’re saying, and while I don’t personally agree, that is a very valid argument.

At this point, I’d be happy to know we have something next and not just an end to beyblade.

PS: LAD finishes are no way as exciting a seeing a burst (IMO!) I’ve never heard a crowd erupt at a tournament over a LAD finish.

I’m sure if we polled users here on what’s more exciting: bursting an opponents bey or winning with a LAD OS, burst would win in a landslide. So your “gross overstatement” comment actually seems more like a gross overstatement, lol, but I digress.
(Oct. 01, 2020  6:06 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: We'll know when Burst is ending by Hasbro making Burst Beywarriors

The series we need but don’t deserve.
all wild explanations aside, i do have one simple answer in mind: things might go “dormant” for awhile. Maybe people outgrow a certain Beyblade series and discussions will be less active, as theres no more hype and theories to speak of. And quiet years might pass by before any new Beyblade series is announced

im just putting it simply and in my thoughts since people already gave elaborate explanations above. dont 100% believe my answer
(Oct. 01, 2020  5:00 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: I’m sure if we polled users here on what’s more exiting: bursting an opponents bey or winning with a LAD OS, burst would win in a landslide. So your “gross overstatement” comment actually seems more like a gross overstatement, lol, but I digress.

You of course poke at one thing and ignore all context. If the tournament is riding on something it's going to be exciting no matter the method that it ends, and I guarantee that both players will be nervously hoping their bey prevails. That's also excluding my King Vs. Garuda scenario, which had LAD wins from something that should not be winning that way at all. I mean, it's Sword-S outspinning Bearing in opposite spin! That's wacky and exciting any way you spin it. That's also ignoring the wild upper attack scenario I threw out, which was just an insane thing to catch on camera and a bigger surprise than any burst would've in that match.

Either way it's the scenario that makes things exciting, not the particular win condition. Bursting isn't much more exciting than any other wincon on its own, and I'd rather see a bey jumping around and KOing another foe than just two beys plinking each other until one of them just falls apart for seemingly no reason.