Fundraising Ideas

I'm just throwing this out there, and i know it would take a lot of organization and all but,
If we put out a fund raising thing in the places we have the most beybladers in, then it would be pretty cool? For this there would be no prizes, Just like a meet-and-greet, non-ranked bey battles against your fellow people. A small fee to get in too. But, if we have a lot of people, the small fee can turn into something big. Once again, no prizes, no ranked play, just a really fun time. And sorry if someone already said this, i didnt have time to read through the whole thread.
^ There's a fee of $5 to enter WBO tournaments/events and that money goes toward the WBO.
Not exactly sure what you're tryingto achieve there......sounds basically the same as a tourney, except without the rankings. Which seems kinda silly. Lots of time and thought and even money has gone into the BeyPoint system so why not make the most out of it?
Well not really a tourny. A tourny has Prizes, and ranked battle. Ok, you can put in ranked battles but lets not do the prizes. Because isnt the money spent on the prizes the money that is given by the entrence fee and onther costs like buying stuff there and all that? Or we can do like a picnic? Lol, i know it sounds girly but 5$ entrence fee for a picnic is pretty cool. I do this at my karate. Every year, we have a picnic and there we all have a lot of fun and we all eat and all that. Near sometime of the end of the picnic, we hand out Awards to people who have been nominated and achieved them. We should do something like that? The downside is, costs for food, and the awards. Any ideas?
(Jun. 22, 2009  5:04 PM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: Well not really a tourny. A tourny has Prizes, and ranked battle. Ok, you can put in ranked battles but lets not do the prizes. Because isnt the money spent on the prizes the money that is given by the entrence fee and onther costs like buying stuff there and all that? Or we can do like a picnic? Lol, i know it sounds girly but 5$ entrence fee for a picnic is pretty cool. I do this at my karate. Every year, we have a picnic and there we all have a lot of fun and we all eat and all that. Near sometime of the end of the picnic, we hand out Awards to people who have been nominated and achieved them. We should do something like that? The downside is, costs for food, and the awards. Any ideas?

not to mention we all live all over the world...
(Jun. 29, 2009  6:57 AM)Limeguy64 Wrote: not to mention we all live all over the world...

Yes i think he knows that i'm guessing that he's applying this at everyone not just a certain group.
Reading the OP again, I think a DVD is a great idea. Not sure how you'd get 720p out of it, but it would be cool to see them really high quality compared to youtube, and it's quite cheap to actually make DVDs anyway. Smile
(Jun. 29, 2009  8:27 AM)Mankster Wrote: Reading the OP again, I think a DVD is a great idea. Not sure how you'd get 720p out of it, but it would be cool to see them really high quality compared to youtube, and it's quite cheap to actually make DVDs anyway. Smile

HD Camera?

I'm in full support of the DVD.
Quote:WBO DVD released bi-annually or so with all of the videos released on BeyChannel within that time period, along with exclusive content and cut footage.

Just the stuff on Bey Channel and other footage? I guess its a good idea. Maybe you can split it. LIke all the lessens in chapter 2. The beyblade talk in chapter 1 and the tournys in Chapter 3. etc. I would prob buy it.
similar to kool kid we could release a 10 part volume series or someting along those lines of a beyblade tutorial kinda like what all those martial arts "gurus" are doing these days
Hey.... They aren't gurus. But the DVD doesn't have to be that long. Also, if its just the stuff from bey channel and special footage then i wouldn't buy it since it has stuff on there that i can watch for free on youtube. If you can think of things that wouldn't be somewhere i can watch freely then i would buy it, if it is good.
The Custom sticker idea sounds awesome, be neat to do some WBO Type of ones like when TT released Galeon and Galzzy and slapped BBA Stickers over it.
(Jun. 29, 2009  7:09 PM)fragbait Wrote: HD Camera?

I'm in full support of the DVD.

I'm pretty sure you can't get HD out of a DVD, only Standard Definition...
If you guys want, I'm an awsome mechanical designer and have been design blades for a few years. They aren't made up due to me not having the facilities, but maybe if we got a hold of Takara, we could send them comissions, and for every one of our beyblade that gets sold, we get some money from it. Just an idea.
(Jul. 03, 2009  2:35 PM)PhoenixWylde Wrote: If you guys want, I'm an awsome mechanical designer and have been design blades for a few years. They aren't made up due to me not having the facilities, but maybe if we got a hold of Takara, we could send them comissions, and for every one of our beyblade that gets sold, we get some money from it. Just an idea.

lol

i don't think they would do that
yeah, if only takara hired designers and engineers
I have an idea.
A while ago Spinster posted his rig design,
And since nobody really likes it when a beylauncher breaks [save a few masochistic people]
I was thinking that if we could get the retractable line ID card holders and wristbands cheaply in bulk, we could make a few, possibly slap WBO stickers on em and sell them at events/gatherings.

And while on the topic, WBO wristbands?

Also, going back to the baking sale thing, it's a bit late for HPT [or is it]
But at future toronto ish tourneys i could make pillsbury cookies and sell them for like maybe 50cents each?

Sorry to go on, but at say, maybe a school carnival or something, you could set up a kind of "arcade-ish" thing, where two people pay 5 bucks, pull two blades randomly from a bag and fight. And we could have some sort of incentive, like first to 3 victorys gets their fiver back, or like "Draw the golden quetz and get a free play" or something.
(Jul. 04, 2009  2:48 AM)asterisk93 Wrote: Also, going back to the baking sale thing, it's a bit late for HPT [or is it]
But at future toronto ish tourneys i could make pillsbury cookies and sell them for like maybe 50cents each?

I really don't think this is necessary. Fundraising ideas should also be related to Beyblade.
^Right, sorry about that...

In my defense, who doesn't love pillsbury? ^^''
if you're going to have a bake sale you better not use pre-mixes!
(May. 29, 2009  10:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Honestly I'm not that interested in doing t-shirts. While it's a neat novelty I can't see anyone actually wanting to wear a Beyblade t-shirt. But this may be my fashion interest talking.

Now that I've got all my MFB and my camera, videos will definitely be more frequent now.

I'd actually quite like a t-shirt. It'd be great to see a load of faces at a tournament, all wearing WBO t-shirts.
Maybe staff can buy wbo logo exclusive lanyards?

Would benefit at events too i think. Maybe later on when the blader population explodes and events result in a chaotic amount of attendees.

Also in support of a magazine/newsletter
That sort of stuff is really hard to do and expensive as well ...

Right now, Passports and entries and donations are covering everything pretty well. Aside from the Face Stickers we plan to release, it's not a huge concern.
A few ideas I thought of, and a few ideas I'm in support of. Go grab a cup of coffee before going further, because this is going to be a looooooooong post.

First off, the Ideas I'm supporting.

Custom Faces - I probably won't end up getting any, whatever the reason, but it's a great idea.
T-Shirts - Brilliant idea, if I found some cash, would definitely get one.
DVD - Would almost definitely buy one, and I would suggest that aside from JUST high-quality versions of your youtube clips, perhaps add in some tournament footage. Perhaps on each DVD have an interview with the winner of each tournament, that is exclusive to the DVD. Maybe some extras, like Tried-And-True Beyblade Customizations, 1 of each type per DVD. Maybe even, for the fanatics (like myself) that like taking things apart, show what different BeyBlades/Launchers look like on the inside and exactly how to put them together/take them apart.

Or how about some exclusive to DVD tutorials? Anyways, getting off my subject here.

Uhm. Some ideas of my own that I've been thinking of..

Oh -- Random Anime Cosplay Events. We could organize these R.A.C.Es similarly to tournaments, but do them out in cities etc. and make people stare. It could be a $5 to $10 entry fee* (*It can be organizer's choice.) to be part of the R.A.C.E party, and you can randomly walk up to each other and challenge them in a loud voice. Whilst, I'll agree, it is an unbelievably juvenile and idiotic thing to do, it would be lots of fun. I mean seriously, haven't you ever wanted to see Cloud Strife and Edward Elric BeyBattle in the middle of the mall?

Also -- if certain people had the time, (I might at some point) we can make unofficial stalls somewhere, selling all the beyblades we don't want. Then the profits can go 50% to the original owner(s) and 50% to the WBO.

As well as this -- I don't know if it's legal, but if it is, we could bet small amounts of money, or perhaps BeyBlades or BeyBlades parts on BeyBattles in Tournaments. I'm sure it probably isn't, but I'm sure a couple Weight Disks wouldn't be illegal.

Anywho, just go ahead and finish sipping that coffee now, and let your mind wander through this 12 year old's thoughts.

'Till next time,
Axle(Tom)