Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

The other shonen behemoth getting a re-imagining to follow the manga closer is Fullmetal Alchemist. Rather then continuing from where the first series, and movie initially ended Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a retelling that adhears closer to the manga.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/200...on-april-9

Check to see when it's on at your house. UKers, Americans, and Canucks (like myself) should be good with the FUNimation link.

Sidenote- Premiers in Japan today.
I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the dub of this or not. Hard decision!
I've watched the first episode and it really was awesome. Awesome Ending theme to. Whole episode looked awesome in HD.
fma is so overrated
Eh I watched the episode but im not much of a FMA fan...
(Apr. 06, 2009  12:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: fma is so overrated

I think it has a really nice story if you get past all the loads of carp. Plus, it's hilarious at times.
I'm a huge FMA fan.

I was actually pretty impressed with the new series, and it has the potential to surpass the first one, since that one strayed so far away from the manga. D':

So yeah.. I love Brotherhood so far. It had a good first episode, in my opinion.
FMA is not over-rated. One of the best Anime's to date. This is just a remake which follows the manga precisely. Watched the first episode and it's excellent.
(Apr. 06, 2009  10:15 AM)ZeroX Wrote: FMA is not over-rated. One of the best Anime's to date.

When I think of great anime, I think of Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell. FMA starts off OK but becomes incredibly convoluted as the series progresses.
(Apr. 06, 2009  10:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: When I think of great anime, I think of Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell. FMA starts off OK but becomes incredibly convoluted as the series progresses.

Watch Code Geass and Death Note.
(Apr. 06, 2009  11:23 AM)ZeroX Wrote: Watch Code Geass and Death Note.

I tried Code Geass but couldn't get into it. Death Note is a great manga so I don't doubt the anime is good (though for non-action series I generally prefer manga).
(Apr. 06, 2009  11:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I tried Code Geass but couldn't get into it. Death Note is a great manga so I don't doubt the anime is good (though for non-action series I generally prefer manga).

Code Geass is brilliant. As well as the anime adaptation of Death Note. Both are a must-watch.
(Apr. 06, 2009  11:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I tried Code Geass but couldn't get into it. Death Note is a great manga so I don't doubt the anime is good (though for non-action series I generally prefer manga).

I'm not an anime junkie by a long shot, but I really enjoyed Death Note. Haven't had the chance to read the manga. (Sam's Club had the box set for sale for $60CAD when closing down, but I couldn't afford it Crying )
(Apr. 06, 2009  10:15 AM)ZeroX Wrote: FMA is not over-rated. One of the best Anime's to date. This is just a remake which follows the manga precisely. Watched the first episode and it's excellent.

I don't know about best but I definitely enjoyed it. Also, I don't think this remake will follow the manga precisely. I thought the first episode was pretty good. I think the fight scenes of the remake will probably be more action packed after watching this first episode. I prefer the animantion of the first anime though
(Apr. 06, 2009  10:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: When I think of great anime, I think of Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell. FMA starts off OK but becomes incredibly convoluted as the series progresses.

Brad is spot on about this.

In the end it turns out amazingly well, but there's a lot of worthless filler in between.
Well, the whole seond half of the first series and the movie is filler...
(Apr. 06, 2009  11:02 PM)To Wrote: Well, the whole seond half of the first series and the movie is filler...

hahaha is it really? that explains a lot
^^ That's not true. Not that much is filler. Well if you want to say that anything that isn't true to the manga is filler then yeah, it is, but if you view the manga and anime as seperate works (most people do) then there are only like four episodes that are actually filler. And two of them are quite good (side stories from the manga). Grin
In fact, the other two are only like half-filler. FMA is a relatively filler free anime. :X

EDIT: The movie is really dull though. Don't get me wrong, I do love it and I've watched it a fair amount of times but even I, with my relatively long attention span when it comes to pointless things, got a bit bored in the middle. Pinching_eyes_2
(Apr. 06, 2009  11:28 PM)Rocky Wrote: ^^ That's not true. Not that much is filler. Well if you want to say that anything that isn't true to the manga is filler then yeah, it is, but if you view the manga and anime as seperate works (most people do) then there are only like four episodes that are actually filler. And two of them are quite good (side stories from the manga). Grin
In fact, the other two are only like half-filler. FMA is a relatively filler free anime. :X

EDIT: The movie is really dull though. Don't get me wrong, I do love it and I've watched it a fair amount of times but even I, with my relatively long attention span when it comes to pointless things, got a bit bored in the middle. Pinching_eyes_2

Not really, the second half diverged from the Manga, such as Dante being the main antagonist, which never occurred in the Manga. It's stated by the writer of the Manga that FMA 2009 will be a remake and will follow the Manga better than the first iteration did.
I watched the first episode with my roommate. Not really sure if I'm gonna continue.

Anime has kinda lost it's appeal to me over the past couple years
(Apr. 06, 2009  11:28 PM)Rocky Wrote: ^^ That's not true. Not that much is filler. Well if you want to say that anything that isn't true to the manga is filler then yeah, it is, but if you view the manga and anime as seperate works (most people do) then there are only like four episodes that are actually filler. And two of them are quite good (side stories from the manga). Grin

Filler usually refers to plot that does not appear in the manga. FMA's second half, movie, and OVAs follow that path.
(Apr. 07, 2009  5:17 AM)SexyMichael Wrote: Anime has kinda lost it's appeal to me over the past couple years

This x 43275893427589340534809578934768934786347869347896348964
I liked how they kept most of the original voice actors for it. It's good to see this back.
Did the events in the first episode of Brotherhood ever take place in the manga? I never followed it, but I know this doesn't happen at the start.
Uh, what happened in the first episode?