Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Nah. They used a character that was named in the manga but never shown. This is just a re-introduction so that they don't have to introduce everyone all over again in the exact same way as before.
(Apr. 06, 2009  12:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: fma is so overrated

I think it's over rated, but that doesn't make it bad though. It's one of my favorites really... I personally think it's quite comparable to Death Note and Cowboy Bebop, but that's just me.
Brad Has Made Me a Believer

Wow, I'm sorry but after watching the first episode, this is what I'm thinking:

1. WTF is going on.
2. Why are they remaking a series?
3. What is the point of it at all?

Really, it's not bad at all, and FMA is one of my favorite animes, but now I'm starting to think that at least THIS series is extremely overated. Why are people so drawn to it? It's almost pointless...
(Apr. 15, 2009  3:45 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: Brad Has Made Me a Believer

Wow, I'm sorry but after watching the first episode, this is what I'm thinking:

1. WTF is going on.
2. Why are they remaking a series?
3. What is the point of it at all?

Really, it's not bad at all, and FMA is one of my favorite animes, but now I'm starting to think that at least THIS series is extremely overated. Why are people so drawn to it? It's almost pointless...
1. First episode is to reintroduce the cast without retreading what the first series showed.
2. To follow the manga. They're very different.
3. See 2.
(Apr. 15, 2009  4:46 AM)Mr. Toto Wrote: 1. First episode is to reintroduce the cast without retreading what the first series showed.
2. To follow the manga. They're very different.
3. See 2.

Then I think I'm just going to read the Manga, because I'm confused even when this part of the Manga takes place. Is this the first chapter? Man I'm boggled.
(Apr. 15, 2009  4:49 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: Then I think I'm just going to read the Manga, because I'm confused even when this part of the Manga takes place. Is this the first chapter? Man I'm boggled.
Nah. The first episode is anime-only, with a character that was mentioned by name in the series but never introduced. The second episode is based off of chapter 24 of the manga.
(Apr. 15, 2009  5:01 AM)Mr. Toto Wrote: Nah. The first episode is anime-only, with a character that was mentioned by name in the series but never introduced. The second episode is based off of chapter 24 of the manga.

Wow that's a pretty big step...Yep, I'm reading the Manga lol
I watched it on Sat. and it was alright. I won't follow it whenever it's out (every week?), but I may if I just get bored.
this is pretty good it make more sense than fma with the preist guy having his arm recoiled by the gun and thats why it machiny instead of in normal fma when it just happens i must admint epsiode 4 was so heart wrenching for me you get where the sowing lif alchemist is coming from but then the little girl of his .set up to be so inocent and likable arrrrrrr so sad
i love this anime i started watching it a month ago and love it! Grin
Honestly, FMA:B did not need to be made so soon after the original FMA...it is too similar at the beginning, but that is understandable, and once you get past episode 10, it is a completely different story

There are elements of both FMA and FMA:B I like and dislike. On top of that, there is a plausible way that both stories could be combined in a fashion that would actually produce an ever better story, if done correctly. But that will never happen, sadly...

The movie for FMA:B is pathetic though; especially in comparison to the FMA movie; Conqueror of Shambala
I watched both series on netflex in 2-3 weeks and loved it. I really dont wanna get into the manga, but i was hooked after a few episodes. I first heeard about it on toonami (adult swim). Might be as good if they continued the anime. ( i think they stopped it iirc)

I lost my love for FMA after Brotherhood came out on Adult Swim, regardless I liked it, just not as much as the first FMA series.

I bet some day on Toonami, they will stop showing Cowboy Bebop or something else and start showing FMA again. IMO.
Toonami is working on getting shows they used to have, as well as new funimation dubs that are in the works. The original FMA was never on Toonami. Was it on Adult Swim ever?
Probably on the Funimation channel. I do not know for sure.
I actually don't think...hmm...maybe the old FMA was on adult swim...yes I think it was...