[Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA] Fort Wayne Bladers -Announcement:finding new location-

(Jul. 26, 2009  10:48 PM)fragbait Wrote: We're currently doing some things that I am keeping Top Secret (hehehe) and there are 3 of us. I'm currently in the process of tracking down other KS bladers.

lol ok
(Jul. 26, 2009  8:59 PM)AnnieDuck Wrote: ...The Vancouver group, the NY group, the Brits, the Australians...? :\

Well those are people who live in close proximity who all beyblade yes...
(Jul. 27, 2009  12:40 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Well those are people who live in close proximity who all beyblade yes...

... okay, so what's the difference between that and your "crew"?
We are trying to work up a way to travel to events together, and we hoped that if there were other crews at events, we could have a crew 3v3 competitions. Like how one blader from each team is picked kind of jazz. We haven't done anything yet, to really seperate ourselves from ordinary groups, but we wanted to at least get a name for ourselves.
Edit: Just wanted to see if any bladers consider themselves affiliated with a group of other bladers with things is common besides location, and beyblading of course.
(Jul. 27, 2009  1:22 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: We are trying to work up a way to travel to events together, and we hoped that if there were other crews at events, we could have a crew 3v3 competitions. Like how one blader from each team is picked kind of jazz. We haven't done anything yet, to really seperate ourselves from ordinary groups, but we wanted to at least get a name for ourselves.

So team battles, then. Not "crews" or clubs or anything. It's a team battle, which the WBO doesn't support. Beyblade isn't a team sport; you can't work together at all with the rest of your team.
(Jul. 27, 2009  1:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So team battles, then. Not "crews" or clubs or anything. It's a team battle, which the WBO doesn't support. Beyblade isn't a team sport; you can't work together at all with the rest of your team.

Not for points, I know that WBO doesn't support that. This is for fun. Isn't it always more fun to be a part of a group or team, or give yourself a label of affiliation, then to just be there and say "yeah, we live by each other, and I drove him here." I mean, yeah I could say yeah I'm a U.S. blader, or I'm an Indiana (Hoosier) Blader, but saying I'm with the FWB makes you feel better. It's saying that I know there's friends who got my back, if I need to borrow some parts, or I need help fixing something, or something like that. Tell me you're getting this right?

We do battle as individuals though, with no holding back against our crew members.
To be honest, I have more fun competing against my friends than being on a team Wink
Same here. Beating my own team member feels extra rewarding.

But do you at least think the team battling like they did in the old show would be fun for exibiton though. Each team pick a member that goes up and does like a Best two out of 3 or something, then you move on to the next team member. I think'd it'd be pretty funny to see people trying to blame their friend for losing, or giving good hardy advice. It'd probably turn out pretty funny Joyful_3
I think it definitely has the potential to be fun, sure. There's lots of stuff the WBO doesn't sanction for competitive play that I think is great to do outside of the WBO Smile
That would be pretty fun, haha. We should try it sometime. :d
You could do it like Smash (here we go again right guys? XD)
Basically, in crew battles in Smash, each crew picks X amount of players, and an order for them to play in. Then crew member 1a battles 1b, and whoever wins moves on to the next round. Although, for Bey, I could see something like the crew leader picking a person blind, then the other crew leader picks someone blind, they go 3 rounds, then another blind pick goes up until one side wins X amount of times.
That'd be sweet too! I like the tournaments styles from the old beyblades though. That's where I got the idea. It's a little less intricate, but I think that way, you have to have all the bladers on the team be strong, and not just have one scoring all the points. Maybe next time if we get enough people at a FWB thing we could break up into 3 groups o three or two groups of 4 or something.
Except nobody ever did team tournaments in real life ... the closest ever to this being official was a partner tournament Takara did in 2002.
So? It's just for fun. XP
Hadn't known Takara ever did that, though.
I know it's just for fun. Just that he said "tournament styles from the old Beyblades", when in fact it never actually happened.
I mean from the old Beyblade shows. Like between the a Allstarz, WHite Tigers, Team Psychic, and that stuff Joyful_3
Oh, you thought he meant real life? Sorry bout that.
lol yeah i did

if we are to emulate the anime we need to get some evil russians and a lot of ice
Haha, if we wait until winter, I doubt ice will be a problem. Dunno about the russians, though.......hahaha
This blader club will hopefully be very successful, providing that all the basic needs are kept.

We have a free location and we can schedule nights to use it. We have a lot of extra plastics to be lent (because it'll be mostly plastics), we have some stadiums, and we have a starting number of people. I'm optimistic.Cute
You should talk to the manager and see if he would be interesting in getting some MFB in stock there as well for the members who don't have access to online shops.
Yeah, I knid of hinted that to him, and he didn't really seem very interested. His shop is split in to two main catagories. Half is NCAA and Pro sports cards and memorabilia (SP?), and the other half is Comics, board and card games. He doesn't sell toys or models, unless its like heroclix to go along with the comic book theme. I talked to my local Books Comics & Things, and they said that when MFB comics come to America that they would stock them, if I come in and tell them when they come out. And I asked about the battle tops, and the lady there said she'd get back to me on that.
Just to let anyone in doubt know, The FWB is going to be coming back alive!!!! More kids from school have found old beyblades, and more people are interested.

My current work schedule:
+Recheck to see if the community rooms at Clem's Collectables have open slots
-Find what days and times each week will be avalible
-Choose best day of the week for group members
+Create facebook group
-Find out what days work best for members
-Get members to make WBO accounts
-Inventory total number of stadiums and beyblades
Went to Clem's today with xenoka, and they have changed their minds about letting us use their community room. Reasons being; they need the space for stock, because of the holiday season coming up, and they do not carry the product, so they do not feel it is worth it Unhappy

WOrking on finding a new space.
Awww, oh well. Have any other ideas?
Maybe Books, Comics, and Things?