[Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA] Fort Wayne Bladers -Announcement:finding new location-

You guys seriously couldn't get $5 per player? Confused How many didn't pay?
Umm, like 6. I wasn't about to spot 30 extra bucks. SOme didn't have money and some couldn't afford to spend any. Most of 'em dont get on the website enough to really care if there is a little face or not (I do though). We did end up awarding the Prize beyblade to WOlf-erazer, and I was dumb and forgot the cup and ribbons, so I will give the 2nd place ribbon to drunkin_ninja tomarrow, and the cup and two other ribbons to Wolf-erazer and Pichuscute another time.
I'm pretty upset and embarrassed by that to be honest. I decided to charge $5 an entrant so we can actually afford to keep the WBO going. I have to run an event with almost no supplies tomorrow. There's over $200 in development this summer. So, for you guys to be like, "oh well! We all got together and have enough to have a tournament, but we don't want to pay so let's just use the free WBO services!" is really hurtful to me.
Me and Ben tried to get them to pay, we offered to pay some of it ourselves, but not enough of them had money on them. A few of them didn't even know about the $5 thing until I mentioned it. If I find a way to get enough money, then I will try, because I want to see users on the sight with faces that say "Buckner Brawl." I'm talking to two of the guys right now to see if they'd decide to pay up.
waltrip55just made his account, yay for newest member.
Why weren't the participants informed about the entry fee before the event?
Because I was worried about trying to get all of the younger guys rides to the tournament, and making sure that they asked their parents first.
(Jun. 13, 2009  4:33 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Because I was worried about trying to get all of the younger guys rides to the tournament, and making sure that they asked their parents first.

That's not a good reason.

I'm asking very little here ... and we will be awarding prices to Face winners from paid tournaments ... but of course, I can't afford to do that if no one pays. Please don't screw me around.
I tried to collect money seriously. I am upset too. I wanted this to be official almost more then anybody! Thsi makes FWB members look bad, and I'm trying to collect the money. I dont want to argue about this anymore. We are on the same side of this. I just hope that if we collect enough money you wont still hold the blame on me. I'm going to be on a hiatud for a week anyway because of a camp, so it will take a while. Good night.
I'm upset as well, but it is rather hard to gather guys around for a tournament (especially when many only have a beyblade or two and are just playing for the hell of it) when you add that you have to pay $5 to do it. Many of them don't have the money. I was originally going to help pay if any members couldn't, but I didn't even get enough. Why does this have to count as a tournament? Can't we just do free battles? Hell, we weren't expecting enough people to show for a tournament to begin with, it sure suprised me when we got 10 people.
I understand your dissapointed and I definately would be to, but this was meant to be a casually meetup and only be an official tournament if we could find enough money/players. We couldn't :\
Completely unrelated to all that talk, I forgot to say that I won all my matches (besides once, where I used a spin stealer just because someone said left spin blades sucked XD) with defense combinations. My brother won a good portion of his matches with my main defense combination as well. I was rather suprised at how well they did. Grin
So, Pichu, Pepe, is it safe to say that Texas is a Plastics state?
Wrong fort wayne, dude.... XD We are up in north-east IN. No wonder you thought we could get over there.....
o.O

I feel really stupid. Does that happen a lot?

But yeah, now I know why getting here was a big deal. XD
Yeah, lol. It's how I found out there was one there. Otherwise, I would be very confused right now XD
Well, too bad I guess, I was looking forward to Beybattling with FWB's finest. Maybe if I roll through IN for a Brawl Tourney I'll hit you boys up.
Kool. It is too bad, though Unhappy Hope I will ba able to get down there some day.
Tournament Table

[Image: scan00021.jpg]

drunkin_ninja, yooperman_dan, and I brought our beyblades and my attack stadium to summer camp this past week. I love seeing people say "Holy carp, I used to have those," or "Wow, I remember doing that like forever ago!"

(Jun. 14, 2009  6:16 PM)fragbait Wrote: So, Pichu, Pepe, is it safe to say that Texas is a Plastics state?

Yes. And I guess thats a nicer way of saying it then "Out-of Date" or "to poor/cheap to buy new Beyblades" state.

But yes, plastics are the main thing. We will eventually move on to MFBs after all of our plastics finish breaking.
But I have like 90 plastics Unhappy lol
My brother and I have moved on to MFB, but no one else has any yet.
If getting MFB is a problem I may have a solution. I'll PM you the details after MBS, K?
Its not getting them. I know people will be movine to MFB, but right now I'm getting new people into the hobby, and to get them interested I'm not going to tell them that their old beyblades are no good. I'm going to be moving on to MFB, and I know others who will. Its just that it takes a little time for people to move on to MFB after I get them interested in Beyblade again.
Makes sense, but the new series was what drove me back in mostly.
Mehh, I suppose your right, but the new series is what got me back into it as well. XD
I wanna go check out Clem's Collectables sometime soon. Have you gotten any new info. from them? Like what day/time we can meetup there?
(Jun. 25, 2009  11:23 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: I wanna go check out Clem's Collectables sometime soon. Have you gotten any new info. from them? Like what day/time we can meetup there?

I can't remember what days he said are the days he lets people host things like pokemon card tournaments, or magic, or stuff like that.