[Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER - Final Hours!

[Image: NaRt0iN.png]

[Image: tKL1SKY.png]

Silver Shell is the first Kickstarter from the Beyblade community - I hope we can all band together and make this project happen as a group effort. If you like the project, your valuable pledge is much appreciated. Otherwise, please, tell everyone you know. You'll be surprise how many of your friends and family will appreciate the heads-up.

The main reason this project ended up in the Beyblade General forum to begin with is because it is (and always has been) for fans of Beyblade. You guys know better than anyone how cool something like this can be. This project is for all of us. Let's make it happen together.

THE BASICS:

[Image: 9LOkpAI.jpg]

Silver Shell battles work like Beyblade, but you design and build your own fighting tops from modular kits made of stainless steel.

In Silver Shell, you have a gang of up to 3 fighting automata, called "shells". The shells in your gang takes turns fighting those of your opponent. As the fight goes on, the difficulty naturally shifts - so you never get stuck at the bottom of a loosing battle.

You can download the complete rules for FREE from the Kickstarter page or pedge just AU$2 for the printer-friendly HD version. Have a look and tell us all what you think in this thread.

[Image: yP121ig.gif]

Each shell is made up of layers of components which fit together easy as Lego or Meccano. You can mix and match components between shells to create your own unique and incredibly detailed designs. Each shell adds depth and strategy to your overall fighting style.

[Image: CUZUdmy.png]

[Image: z03Zxiq.jpg]

[Image: P4uBS63.png]

DESIGN YOUR OWN SHELL COMPETITON:

As the Kickstarter campaign goes on, I'll be announcing details of a WBO exclusive design your own shell competition where you will get create your own fighting machine - just like the one above.

The winner will have their entry incorporated into the Silver Shell LX SERIES as a Kickstarter exclusive. If the Kickstarter is successfully funded, the winner will also receive the actual shell they designed, for free. So we really need to make that funding goal, guys!

Stay tuned for entry dates and details.

FAQ:

THANKS GUYS!

The WBO has been a big part of my life for many years and this community is the strongest I've seen. It doesn't matter if we haven't met face-to-face or if we've never "liked" each others posts. We're all here together, enjoying the same thing. This project is for all of us. If Silver Shell does just one thing, I hope it makes us even stronger. Visit the Kickstarter page and make your pledge count. We can do this!

CONTINUE WITH FORMULA BEI

WELCOME TO THE FORMULA

SUGEGOMA

THE REVIVALISTS

SILVER TOPS

POWER CREEP

DEATH & IMMORTALITY

FIGHTING GAMES

WARSHELL DESIGN

Read the original episode!

Now this is a thread worth reading. Never knew the past of Beyblade whatsoever (especially it's relation to B-daman)

I'll be watching this thread and waiting for that book.
I really enjoyed reading this. Great job Beylon!
Outstanding thread; everyone interested in Beyblade's history should read this. I'm sure many others have heard about several things mentioned in this thread before, but I don't think anyone has ever really put it into a comprehensive summary/timeline like you have.

I'm impressed by all of the research you put into this, and the quality of the presentation. Looking forward to reading more.
Agreed with what Kei had to say, a very detailed and interesting read!

I realize this is your own blog but I feel that it'd be better to move it to the General Beyblade Discussion forum to give it more exposure.

Wouldn't want this to get buried here Unhappy
What a fabulous history! Thank you so much for posting this!
I have to say, this was amazing. Your research is appreciated Grin
Those spin fighters I am in love with! Very interesting read. Smile
Holy carp, this is astounding, professional-level work!! I'll second the notion that this is perfect for anyone who has an interest in Beyblade's history, and it was an absolute joy to read! Amazing work; I'm certainly looking forward to the rest!! Grin
Hey! Thanks for all the comments, guys, much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed the read. I'm working on another article, which I'll post in the next few days. I'll be looking at the Takara-Tomy revival of Beyblade and the curious individuals of the design team. Their stories might surprise you.

In the meantime, have another wallpaper! Remember, you need to follow the link and click the "magnification" button to get the full 1080p resolution. If you get weirdness, it's because Photobucket relies on cookies; if you're determined, you can navigate to the wallpapers manually through my Photobucket page. Enjoy!

Don't like this wallpaper? Try this version instead!
This is super cool.
(Apr. 15, 2014  5:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is super cool.

You know its awesome when Bey Brad posts Gasp

Curious, how long does it take you to write and research each "chapter"?
Excellent job, really. It was a great read, and look forward to more!
Thanks again for all the comments guys - I'm really glad you liked the read. Prepare yourself, because the new article is here. I cannot promise they'll be this frequent in the future. We're lucky this time because the subjects are related. Don't be afraid to request a topic if you'd like me to examine something in particular. Enjoy!

dragon KING: the time is divided almost equally between research, illustrations and myCode formatting. That last bit is a bleeding-fingers killer, as you'll see by the end of this article. Thanks goes to sarabscientist for the excellent WBO MyCode Guide.

Read the original episode!

The jumping tip was definitely released : that is the first mould of Q, and you can even see that it is attached to M145 on the images.

I have not had time to read all of your posts, but like everyone else, I must say this is incredible. Truly, good job.

You know the topic is full of content when the background image does not even reach the bottom anymore, hah.
This is incredible. I truly admire all the work and effort that must have gone into this.
Excellent new post, can't wait for more!
As Awesome as the other. Keep it up!
Quote:Remember, the Beyblade designs for the manga and television show are usually matte paintings - 3D images traced to fit the style of the media. The Pegasus design in the drawing is only a hand-drawn mockup; not the final version. Mockups like this show the 3D artist how the final render should be orientated before being sent back to Adachi for finishing.

I was always impressed at how well the Beyblades in the manga were drawn; never even occurred to me they were just 3D renders in lineart. Damn.
That upsets me haha, everytime I'd try to draw one of the beys at an angle like in the manga, it didn't look pretty. I was so impressed by those drawings in the manga and now I find out they weren't drawings Tired.

The jellyness is no more Tongue_out.
Woo, thanks guys! Hoping I'll have more ready by next week.

(Apr. 16, 2014  2:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The jumping tip was definitely released : that is the first mould of Q, and you can even see that it is attached to M145 on the images.

Excellent! Thanks for that. I've updated the list with the appropriate BB code. Thanks to the BeyWiki MFB Product List which is basically the coolest thing on the internet. Curious how the codes often have nothing to do with the date of the patent. It's all planned well in advance. Still, a few months from design to release is pretty good turn-around for a toy company.

In the most recent Tomy Co. annual report, Kantaro Tomiyama talks about how the company is trying to sync its Japanese and International releases. There's a lot of good stuff in that report - including a much better picture of Osamu Mashimo and images of Haruhisa Ujita's latest invention: the "Home Kite" indoor flying machine.

(Apr. 17, 2014  1:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I was always impressed at how well the Beyblades in the manga were drawn; never even occurred to me they were just 3D renders in lineart. Damn.

Not a huge fan of the practice myself - but as you say, the results are pretty good. I notice more and more properties (perhaps following Ghost in the Shell) using 3D traces for everything from backgrounds to characters. Makes "flash" animation look traditional by comparison. Whatever gets the job done, I guess.

Tri: emotional memories of when Santa was real, right? Too good to be true!

Also, I just noticed I'd forgotten a few patent links in the SugeGoma article. So I've updated that as well. For those who don't want to read it all over again, here is the list:

And why not, have another Formula Bei style wallpaper - I just can't get enough of these things:

Don't like this wallpaper? Try this dark version instead!
AWESOME, Beylon! Your book on the pre-history of beyblades is very good indeed!

Hmmm, Takeaki Maeda's work on Transformers is the reason why beyblade has not seen any new releases since 2 years ago, no? Well, hope he gets back to work on the Beyblade line, over 80,000 people here are "Waiting" (including me) for the revival.

(Apr. 18, 2014  2:20 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Hmmm, Takeaki Maeda's work on Transformers is the reason why beyblade has not seen any new releases since 2 years ago, no? Well, hope he gets back to work on the Beyblade line, over 80,000 people here are "Waiting" (including me) for the revival.

No, I would say there are many more reasons, like the economical context : the toy industry in Japan right now is rather bad, and so was it worldwide for Christmas even for Hasbro in 2013, therefore they may still be trying to wait for a next generation of kids instead of trying to salvage those that have already grown quite a lot out of the targeted range.
This was a good read, never knew there was a b-daman spin top, now i want one