Forge Disc - Ratchet

Ratchet is a Forge Disc released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Gatchinko Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of Starter Wizard Fafnir Ratchet Rise Sen on March 16, 2019.

==Description==
Ratchet consists of two parts, similar to Hurricane. However, the gimmick is different, as Ratchet can only freely spin leftwards. Ratchet also has a better weight distribution than Hurricane, allowing it to find usage. Ratchet has found the most use in opposite-spin matchups, as it hangs rather low. This allows drivers such as Bearing, Mobius, and Drift to be used to great effect on Ratchet, as the lower center of gravity means that they will be able to tilt longer and equalize more effectively. However, this low-hanging nature renders it only useful in opposite spin, as in same-spin matchups, Ratchet has the potential to scrape, therefore, Ratchet is outclassed by Sting in same-spin matchups.

==Overall==
Ratchet, while not the heaviest Gatchinko Layer System Forge Disc, finds use in opposite spin combinations to great effect within the Gatchinko Layer System. However, the weight and OWD of current discs far outclass Ratchet. Therefore, Ratchet is recommended for collection purposes only.
When you say “However, the weight and OWD of current discs far outclass Ratchet”, I don’t think you should say that. I mean presently that’s true but what about just the disc in general during it’s time? Or maybe there’s a new format where the disc is among other parts of its time. I’m not judging or anything but maybe next time don’t compare discs from 2+ years ago to present discs.
(Jan. 27, 2022  6:58 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: When you say “However, the weight and OWD of current discs far outclass Ratchet”, I don’t think you should say that. I mean presently that’s true but what about just the disc in general during it’s time? Or maybe there’s a new format where the disc is among other parts of its time. I’m not judging or anything but maybe next time don’t compare discs from 2+ years ago to present discs.
Maybe you should go check my drafts too, as they too have errors ofc, but IDK what is wrong.
(Jan. 27, 2022  6:58 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: When you say “However, the weight and OWD of current discs far outclass Ratchet”, I don’t think you should say that. I mean presently that’s true but what about just the disc in general during it’s time? Or maybe there’s a new format where the disc is among other parts of its time. I’m not judging or anything but maybe next time don’t compare discs from 2+ years ago to present discs.

I am presuming there will be different Overall sections for different formats, as it has been discussed as an idea before. I only really bring up modern discs in the Overall section, and the Description, as I use it at least, is mainly used to compare it to discs of its time.