Forge Disc - Around

Around is a Forge Disc released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Gatchinko Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of Random Booster Vol. 16 on July 20th, 2019.

==Description==
Around is a four-sided, rather wide disc, similar to Sting or Convert. However, Around is more rounded than both, and has a plastic underside, with free-spinning metal balls on each of the four points. These metal balls, as well as the general weight distribution of the disc, allow it to be useful for many different combinations, especially for Attack and Stamina combinations. However, unlike Sting, the underside of Around can cause minor scraping at the end of a battle. It is especially useful on Xtend+ and Bearing, serving to accentuate the high opposite spin stamina potential of these two drivers.

==Recommended Combination==
Master Diabolos 2/Spriggan/Longinus/etc. Around Bearing/Xtend+ excels in opposite-spin combinations, in Master's left-spin mode. Around's unique shape allows it to grant Master even more burst resistance than usual, as the upper relief of the metal can snag on the underside of left-spinning Master combinations. 

==Overall==
Around, while not the heaviest Gatchinko Layer System Forge Disc, finds use in many combinations to great effect within the Gatchinko Layer System. However, the weight and OWD of current discs far outclass Around. Therefore, Around is recommended for collection purposes only.
(Jan. 28, 2022  4:59 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Around is a Forge Disc released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Gatchinko Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of Random Booster Vol. 16 on July 20th, 2019.

==Description==
Around is a four-sided, rather wide disc, similar to Sting or Convert. However, Around is more rounded than both, and has a plastic underside, with free-spinning metal balls on each of the four points. These metal balls, as well as the general weight distribution of the disc, allow it to be useful for many different combinations, especially for Attack and Stamina combinations. However, unlike Sting, the underside of Around can cause minor scraping at the end of a battle. It is especially useful on Xtend+ and Bearing, serving to accentuate the high opposite spin stamina potential of these two drivers.

==Recommended Combination==
Master Diabolos 2/Spriggan/Longinus/etc. Around Bearing/Xtend+ excels in opposite-spin combinations, in Master's left-spin mode. Around's unique shape allows it to grant Master even more burst resistance than usual, as the upper relief of the metal can snag on the underside of left-spinning Master combinations. 

==Overall==
Around, while not the heaviest Gatchinko Layer System Forge Disc, finds use in many combinations to great effect within the Gatchinko Layer System. However, the weight and OWD of current discs far outclass Around. Therefore, Around is recommended for collection purposes only.

Actually, some Naked and Master combos are still Meta to this day. I wouldn't call Around very good, but it's popularity with those Layers make it a decent at best option.
(Jan. 28, 2022  5:19 AM)xros Wrote: Actually, some Naked and Master combos are still Meta to this day. I wouldn't call Around very good, but it's popularity with those Layers make it a decent at best option.

I'd say that meta to this day is a bit of an overstatement, given Vanish exists. In Sparking? Sure. But that's more a merit of Master rather than Around being super good, as you said.
(Jan. 28, 2022  7:05 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2022  5:19 AM)xros Wrote: Actually, some Naked and Master combos are still Meta to this day. I wouldn't call Around very good, but it's popularity with those Layers make it a decent at best option.

I'd say that meta to this day is a bit of an overstatement, given Vanish exists. In Sparking? Sure. But that's more a merit of Master rather than Around being super good, as you said.

Yeah actually, those are really good points.
Meanwhile my one m drafts just sitting there and gathering dust....😭😭😭