Fitness Discussion Thread

Considering that I opened a thread for Spartan races, I pride myself on my athleticism (Cringes). I am the captain at my school track team, and I create my own workout every day. I don't really have a plan, and rather create a new one every day.
(Dec. 10, 2020  12:42 AM)Logic123ABC Wrote: Considering that I opened a thread for Spartan races, I pride myself on my athleticism (Cringes).  I am the captain at my school track team, and I create my own workout every day.  I don't really have a plan, and rather create a new one every day.

I also like to take pride in my athleticism it’s nothing to hide (also cringes). I think that’s pretty interesting although is it as effective as a structured routine?
I don't work out, and don't play sports(covid) however, I used to fence semi-competitively and swim at some meets. If you've ever fenced, you'll know that those workouts are no joke. hopefully, i'll get back at it after covid
(Dec. 10, 2020  12:45 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  12:42 AM)Logic123ABC Wrote: Considering that I opened a thread for Spartan races, I pride myself on my athleticism (Cringes).  I am the captain at my school track team, and I create my own workout every day.  I don't really have a plan, and rather create a new one every day.

I also like to take pride in my athleticism it’s nothing to hide (also cringes). I think that’s pretty interesting although is it as effective as a structured routine?

It's not really a schedule, but I do the same exercises every day. I feel like it is more of a workout because I am doing these exercises all day, instead of a set time.

On a side note, try Hanging leg raises. It's hard to get them right, but I feel that this is one of the best exercises for core and upper-body strength.
Decided to got to the park and do some calisthenics today. Made sure to disinfect all the equipment of course.
(Dec. 06, 2020  11:21 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2020  11:14 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I just finished working out actually

I don't work out. It puts too much strain on my body. I actually pulled a muscle in my left arm when I tried to lift a dumbel once.

Lol I lifted a 10 pound one once.
disappointed in the lack of fitnessgram pacer test memes

The FitnessGram PACER Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear the signal. The levels are marked by a different sound. 1. Mark a 20-meter distance (67.7 feet) in a straight line before beginning the test. 2. Do not run across the line until you hear the first lap sound. 3. Both feet must cross the finish line before the next lap sound for that line to count. 4. Wait for the next lap sound to begin the next lap. 5. Once you have failed to cross the lap line in time twice, your test is over. 6. The number of laps you complete will be your PACER Test score. Ready, Start. [pain sounds] Finish.
We will now begin the push up section. Ready, begin. down. Up one, down, up two, down, up three, down, up four, down, up five, down, up six down, up seven down, up eight. Down, up nine. Down, up, ten down. Up 11, down, up 12, down, up 13, down, up 14, down, up 15, down, up 16 down up 17 down up 18 down up 19 down up 20 down up 21 down up 22 down up 23 down up 24 down up 25 down up 26 down up 27 down up 28. 
Down up 29. Down up 30 [constant pain noises] down. Up 31, down, up 32, down, up 33, down, up 34, down, up 35, down, up 36 down up 37 down up 38 down up 39 down up 40 down up 41 down up 42 down up 43 down up 44 down up 45 down up 46 down up 47 down up forty eight down up 49. Down up 50 down up fifty one down up fifty two down up fifty three down up fifty four down up fifty five down up fifty six down up fifty seven down up fifty eight down up fifty nine down up sixty down up sixty one down up sixty two down up 63 down up sixty four down up sixty five down up sixty six down up sixty seven down up sixty eight down up sixty nine down up seventy down up seventy one down up seventy two down up seventy three down up seventy four down up seventy five down up seventy six down up seventy seven down up seventy eight down up seventy nine down up eighty down up eighty one down up eighty two down up eighty three down up eighty four down up eighty five. Finish. [relieved and tortured moans and grumbles ensue]

god i have too much damn time
(Dec. 10, 2020  9:41 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: disappointed in the lack of fitnessgram pacer test memes

god i have too much damn time

It’s understandable since memes about fitness are  the most “unfitness” thing ever. Also, the pacer test isn’t that bad tbh.
Decided to do some strength training today. Low reps higher weight. Did it with both compound and isolation exercises so it was a little harder.
Lol anyone heard of a Nintendo game called Ring Fit Adventure? That's my remaining form of exercise, school In Singapore is Really tough so I haven't had time to work out. Used to do Tennis n soccer but I stopped. In the end I'm still fit (Idk why) and apparently weighing 40 KG at 13 years old is light.
(Dec. 12, 2020  4:15 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Lol anyone heard of a Nintendo game called Ring Fit Adventure? That's my remaining form of exercise, school In Singapore is Really tough so I haven't had time to work out. Used to do Tennis n soccer but I stopped. In the end I'm still fit (Idk why) and apparently weighing 40 KG at 13 years old is light.

Technically not light by the average mediation but by standard it is slightly light.
(Dec. 12, 2020  5:23 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2020  4:15 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Lol anyone heard of a Nintendo game called Ring Fit Adventure? That's my remaining form of exercise, school In Singapore is Really tough so I haven't had time to work out. Used to do Tennis n soccer but I stopped. In the end I'm still fit (Idk why) and apparently weighing 40 KG at 13 years old is light.

Technically not light by the average mediation but by standard it is slightly light.

Hmm, in Singapore I'm told that if I lose more weight, I'll become underweight
(Dec. 12, 2020  6:43 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2020  5:23 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Technically not light by the average mediation but by standard it is slightly light.

Hmm, in Singapore I'm told that if I lose more weight, I'll become underweight

It does vary from country to country.
Maybe the National average is really bad
Just received my new workout bench today. Kinda excited to finally incorporate incline into my home training.
I have got pacer on Tuesday off semester exams
(Dec. 13, 2020  3:49 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: I have got pacer on Tuesday off semester exams
The trick is to run at mid speed. If you run days right away it becomes hard.
(Dec. 13, 2020  4:01 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2020  3:49 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: I have got pacer on Tuesday off semester exams
The trick is to run at mid speed. If you run days right away it becomes hard.

Ok thanks
Assembled my bench today and I’m super pumped to use it. I’m working chest so I’ll do some incline/decline db press.
I think I’ll do abs today. Haven’t done abs in a long while so I don’t know how it’ll go.
(Dec. 15, 2020  1:33 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I think I’ll do abs today. Haven’t done abs in a long while so I don’t know how it’ll go.

Doing abs literally kills me, but it feels nice knowing that I did it after.
Today I worked on Endurance training. I ran a mile uphill, 10 Burpees and 40 Squats, and then started running again. I did a total of 5 miles on my workout alone. Key to success is a good warm-up. If you don't, you're gonna start cramping and you don't want that lol
I've lifted my 50 pound friend before.
(Dec. 15, 2020  2:58 AM)UnionDragon007 Wrote: I've lifted my 50 pound friend before.

Try a 100 pound friend. Whoo.