"First person to live to 1000 years is alive today!"

(Mar. 29, 2009  10:17 AM)Deikailo Wrote: As a female, I'm completely for this kind of leadership so long as Beyxerxes is eye candy.

He'll be censored in the appropriate places by a giant bit chip. xD

you're a girl? never knew

huh
BeyXerxes lol, Then we can have about 5,000 Beygreeks with Wheel-Shields, Bottom Helmets, Track plate armor, and carrying rip cord Spears. Holding them of at a narrow stadium lol
(Mar. 31, 2009  3:50 AM)TicTac323 Wrote: carrying rip cord Spears

Kind of reminds me of renji's sword in the way it looks like a rip cord of sorts. Hmm, can I place dibs on being some sort of servant that doesn't have to fight? I'm too weak anyways.

I could juggle to amuse brad? LOL

[Image: RenjiZabimaruAnimeEp48.jpg]
(Mar. 29, 2009  3:28 PM)Artie Wrote: you're a girl? never knew

huh

me either Chocked_2
I don't really see this happening and to be honest, it shouldn't because there is a reason why we have life and death, to keep the world balanced. If we just have life then over time there will be no room (Unless we start to live on other planets.) and of course, if we just have death then there will be no one left.

So, no, I don't think this should be done and even if it is, I wouldn't want it anyway.
(Mar. 31, 2009  4:16 PM)Zander Wrote: I don't really see this happening and to be honest, it shouldn't because there is a reason why we have life and death, to keep the world balanced.

while i agree with your general message, i would like you to explain how the world invented death in order to keep itself balanced without using any religious explanations
I was thinking about this idea about three months ago with some friends. We we're chilling and stuff, and I thought of stem cells and how we can practically make any organ we want....in theory, we could just keep replacing dead organs with new ones. Couldn't we?

We'd get old as carp and really ugly, but if it works then we could live for a very long time
But would an elderly body be able to cope with mass organ surgery? D:
evan i think you might be forgetting about a pretty important organ often referred to as "the brain"
(Mar. 31, 2009  10:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: evan i think you might be forgetting about a pretty important organ often referred to as "the brain"

I haven't seen highlander in forever
(Mar. 31, 2009  5:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: while i agree with your general message, i would like you to explain how the world invented death in order to keep itself balanced without using any religious explanations

I wouldn't know, it just came to be that way I guess and I don't know any religious explanations so your lucky there.
I was anticipating a really mind-blowingly-elaborate reply from you
I think the idea blows. The fact that money is being spent on this ticks me off to. It could be used for much better things.
scientists trying to progress humanity and cure age related diseases is a huge waste of money imo
(Mar. 31, 2009  10:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: evan i think you might be forgetting about a pretty important organ often referred to as "the brain"

There are preventions for alzheimers. And also, by the time stem cells will actually be available I'm sure there will be some major discoveries about the brain.
(Apr. 01, 2009  6:45 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: I was anticipating a really mind-blowingly-elaborate reply from you

Sorry but I could give it a shot.

If I had to say then let me talk about dinosaurs and animals from way back when, because they always attack each other, weather it is for meat or to protect something they would always rip each other apart so all their insides would be hanging out and blood forever splattering everywhere and they never die no matter what so even if they are eaten then they would still be alive as pieces. Also they would forever have to go through the pain. Also, even if there wasn't such a thing a hunger there would still be the protecting or trying to fight for leadership or to see who is better so it would never end and dinosaurs would still be alive so think about a hell of a time we would be having forever.

Moving on to something else, if we never died but life was to still happen then the world would be over crowded and we would be destroying the world because that wouldn't be classed as it diing, just blowing up or drying out completely. Then if the world was gone and we were all stuck in space and can't breathe then we will suffer forever until we go through the overwelming pain of dropping through the atmosfer and crashing on a planet with all our bones broken and the planet might not even have oxegen so we would still be suffering there.

And the last part, even if space is endless, if there is no death then life is endless as well which means there would be no room for anyone anywhere.

Is that good enough for you? Personally I think what I just said is a load of carp and I should get out of this thread.
That was briliant.
(Apr. 01, 2009  9:54 PM)Zander Wrote: Sorry but I could give it a shot.

If I had to say then let me talk about dinosaurs and animals from way back when, because they always attack each other, weather it is for meat or to protect something they would always rip each other apart so all their insides would be hanging out and blood forever splattering everywhere and they never die no matter what so even if they are eaten then they would still be alive as pieces. Also they would forever have to go through the pain. Also, even if there wasn't such a thing a hunger there would still be the protecting or trying to fight for leadership or to see what is better so it would never end and dinosaurs would still be alive so think about a hell of a time we would be having forever.

Moving on to something else, if we never died but life was to still happen then the world would be over crowded and we would be destroying the world because that would be classed as it diing, just blowing up or drying out completely. Then if the world was gone and we were all stuck in space and can't breathe then we will suffer forever until we go through the overwelming pain of dropping through the atmosfer and crashing with all our bones broken and the planet might not even have oxegen so we would still be suffering there.

And the last part, even if space is endless, if there is no death then life is endless as well which means there would be no room for anyone anywhere.

Is that good enough for you? Personally I think what I just said is a load of carp and I should get out of this thread.

I am speechless.
When man merges with machine, we may achieve this 1000 years.
anyone heard about singularity? I just stumbled into it
(Apr. 01, 2009  9:54 PM)Zander Wrote: Is that good enough for you? Personally I think what I just said is a load of carp and I should get out of this thread.

Chief - Idea!
The universe expands. There is no way humanity would run out of space if we learned how to sustain life on other planets; even if we lived for 10,000 years.

But Effort?
See, it was carp and no, I didn't put any effort into it. Does anyone know a religious explanation? So I can see what other people think.

Must also add this, they Say that the world is suppose to end on 2012 so in that case, all of use wouldn't even live to 100 years, I won't even be 25 years old.

Edit: I don't believe it will end though.
(Apr. 02, 2009  1:54 PM)Zander Wrote: See, it was carp and no, I didn't put any effort into it. Does anyone know a religious explanation? So I can see what other people think.

Must also add this, they Say that the world is suppose to end on 2012 so in that case, all of use wouldn't even live to 100 years, I won't even be 25 years old.

Edit: I don't believe it will end though.

Read a religious text if you wan to know a religious explanation.
(Apr. 01, 2009  7:01 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: I think the idea blows. The fact that money is being spent on this ticks me off to. It could be used for much better things.

uh yea, cause dying isn't that big of a deal.