Final Fantasy XIII is awesome: Haters be gone

Is it just me, or are the names just messed up? Snow and Hope don't really sound like names for boys, and Fang and Lightning are sorta vicious names for girls. Although, Lightning is a bit vicious. Square needs to learn that not all good fighters are emotionless jerky people O:
You forgot Vanille, which is just french for Vanilla.

I think that, with the incredible success of a character with a name like "Cloud", Square must've thought "Well, fans don't care about the names, so we'll just give them names after actual words and concentrate on their personnalities and the story."

The only character with a true name is Sazh, and even that could mean something in a language I don't know...
I just finish this game for the third time! I love this game, but I hate how there isn't much freedom like most FF titles.
(Jun. 24, 2010  8:29 AM)Gr33n! Wrote: Is it just me, or are the names just messed up? Snow and Hope don't really sound like names for boys, and Fang and Lightning are sorta vicious names for girls. Although, Lightning is a bit vicious. Square needs to learn that not all good fighters are emotionless jerky people O:

something something zippers something something androgynous designs
(Jun. 26, 2010  2:53 AM)SubterraMaster Wrote: I just finish this game for the third time! I love this game, but I hate how there isn't much freedom like most FF titles.

I think it's because of the fan back-clash at FF XII which was probably the most freedom-giving in the whole series, if you ask me. What they didn't realize was the fact that the fans either hated the story or the very different battle system, not the freedom. C'mon, everybody loves freedom Uncertain

Actually, I think FF XIII was the most linear game I've ever played...For the next gen consoles, anyway.
I am very big fan of the Final Fantasy and I have played all the version of it. I like the sixth version but after the thirteenth version I really like to play the last one and I totally forgot to play the older versions.
My opinion changed once I beat the game... They should have incorporated the amount of freedom you get post-game in the main story so you actually feel like what you're doing matters.. They also could have done wonders for the game if they added alternate cutscenes/endings/difficulties to the main game once you completed the post-game stuff.

One of the problems with Gran Pulse is it's lack of towns/NPCs.. It's literally just a giant terrain filled with animals and robots that you kill to level up so you can kill more stuff. It's redundant and only two steps from being pointless.

Redo XII with XIII's battle system.
Hmm I agree that there should be more freedom like going back to places where you missed treasure. I kinda like how you have to sell parts to make money, makes you fight more battles to get the parts Smile
I wanted more summons as well.

I like the leveling system and the battle system is rather new though if you die then the whole party dies so that is a draw-back. Overall, I love the game despite its flaws, it was a great experience Smile

Also, Lightning isn't really emotionless, she has a nice sisterly side to her Smile Snow kinda annoyed me with the whole "serah" thing.
i love it but it is a hard game
The thing with most japanese games are that they are like movies that u get to control the main charecters every so often. But still final fantasy 13 rocks and i think that a response from a japanese company to final fantasy was arc rise there are always cut scenes. Almost every single second.
i've had it for years and still can't beat odin is there a strategy that anyone can give me
Years?Iforgot what idid exactly but i equipped lightning Resistance thingy then reapeated magic. google it.
well maybe not years but I have had since it was released and thanks
but the problem is he kills me before I can do any of that
I loved it, but I wouldn't do another playthrough. This game has little to offer to me now that I played it 120 hours or so. I'm almost done with everything on my first file and the story is still fresh in my memories.
I'm only on chapter 12 of my first play :\ mainly because i grinded, got bored then took a break. I just continued this week.