Final Fantasy XIII Games

(Aug. 08, 2008  8:22 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: All the counstels have been at war even since they came out, I hope im not rude but saying this but where have you been really 360,ps3, even the wii owners we all know these systems are at war to see who will sell the most.

For carp's sake it's not a war. Wii isn't even competing with these two systems, for one thing. Just because these products are competing doesn't mean you have to be a carp fanboy and get involved.
(Aug. 08, 2008  8:22 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: All the counstels have been at war even since they came out, I hope im not rude but saying this but where have you been really 360,ps3, even the wii owners we all know these systems are at war to see who will sell the most.

i know there at war, i just think this whole war is idiotic

i'm gonna be completly honest here, i didn't buy playstation because i thought it was the better system, i bought it solely for the name, playstation, there's just something about the name that attracts me, possibly because i've owned playstations since i was 8 years (ps1) and then later got a ps2. before getting the ps3, i had a wii (which i still have), but i never felt like it was "next gen" because of the graphics and crappy games. i was actually planning on getting a 360, but chose ps3 over it mainly for the name, but also because i'm not really comfortable with the 360 controller lol

i have no regrets about getting the ps3 either, even if the 360 is the better system, the ps3 fulfills all my needs, so i don't give a carp about this whole console war
Well if yall understood and if im not rude by saying this but if yall really understood how gaming is you would know where im coming from i relate it to beyblade how would you feel if is was going on about beyblade??
(Aug. 08, 2008  8:38 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Well if yall understood and if im not rude by saying this but if yall really understood how gaming is you would know where im coming from i relate it to beyblade how would you feel if is was going on about beyblade??

This isn't the same thing at all though. Chocked
(Aug. 08, 2008  8:38 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Well if yall understood and if im not rude by saying this but if yall really understood how gaming is you would know where im coming from i relate it to beyblade how would you feel if is was going on about beyblade??

oh my, we've got a h4rdc0r3 gamer on our hands
I love PS3 as well just like you SK i had playstation every since i was 8 and i have been playing it every since i have a ps2 ps3 and even a xbox i also dont like the controler too but anyways i kinda of dnt like the war but then again i do because i feel that all the consoles will bring more fire to the fight with the console war and when the bring the fire more games come hardwear softwear and a bunch of other things come into play with this whole thing.
Meh, Nintendo already started work on Wii 2 so maybe it'll have better graphics with the same controls.
Oh ok well that is news to me about a wii 2 thats good to hear i wonder what they plan on doing because when i seen E3 08 when the wii was up man i was like damn they pulling out everything and it was sweet as hell.
Oh god, if Nintendo creates a sequel to the Wii they're just asking the video game market to crash again.
(Aug. 08, 2008  10:14 PM)Takao Wrote: Oh god, if Nintendo creates a sequel to the Wii they're just asking the video game market to crash again.

Why do you think that will happen??
(Aug. 08, 2008  9:40 PM)Raiyu Wrote: Meh, Nintendo already started work on Wii 2 so maybe it'll have better graphics with the same controls.

lol, is that their console for the future gen? if so, i doubt it'll even match ps3 or 360 graphics lol
Graphics maybe not but when the wii first came out it sold more than the ps3 and 360 together. So i can only image if the do decide to come out with a wii 2 how much that bad boy is going to sell for. I say if nintendo is more then willing to take the next jump in the console then by all means they should go for it.
(Aug. 08, 2008  10:23 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Graphics maybe not but when the wii first came out it sold more than the ps3 and 360 together. So i can only image if the do decide to come out with a wii 2 how much that bad boy is going to sell for. I say if nintendo is more then willing to take the next jump in the console then by all means they should go for it.

just like how the playstation 3 is selling better than the playstation 2, right?
(Aug. 08, 2008  10:16 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2008  10:14 PM)Takao Wrote: Oh god, if Nintendo creates a sequel to the Wii they're just asking the video game market to crash again.

Why do you think that will happen??

Nintendo is creating an artifical market with the DS and Wii, you know those people who don't play video games, you know those people who've owned a Wii since launch and only have Wii Sports, Wii Play, The Zapper, and Mario? This artifical market is swaying the third party developers into developing for the Wii instead of the PS3, and 360 which have dedicated (if not misguided) "You called 360 a Turd, I'll cut your throat out" fanbases. With the third parties swaying towards Nintendo, so do the investors. This causes the compeitition to dream up some main stream ideas too, but what happens if the mainstream finally gets tired of rehashes? The market Nintendo artifically created collapses, and because the others followed, the video game industry collapses, well ok maybe not the video game industry, but console gaming would be in a dark time.
Oh ok well how does anyone fill about FF7 who thinks that one was the best??
(Aug. 08, 2008  10:28 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Oh ok well how does anyone fill about FF7 who thinks that one was the best??

Oh gosh, I read a rumor on another site that said a FFVII remake was going to Wii, I'm like, "WTF are you smoking?". Square only likes throwing Chocobos on the Wii.
Final Fantasy IX was the best.

Also Takao, nothing to add but good post.
Well i heard that they was going to remake the FF7 for the ps3 i just don't know what to do with FF anymore lol.
Call me crazy, but I think having two consoles competing for the same market is ridiculous.

In my opinion, there should be a console for the mainstream audience who see gaming as a past time when there's nothing else to do (AKA the Wii) and one console for those who are dedicated gamers that want cutting edge technology (Either the PS3 or 360).

There is really no need for the PS3 and 360 to both exist at this point. I'm sure someone will argue that the competition between the two is what drives them to keep innovating and while that's true to a certain extent, it also fractures the market via console exclusive games and causes everyone to spend a lot more money on systems than they really need to.

This is all probably a little pie-in-the-sky, but to be honest I'd be comfortable owning only one system this generation. (Bet you can't guess which one lol)

I own all 3 current systems and I can tell you that I don't plan on owning all three next time around. Buying the Wii was probably one of the biggest financial mistakes I have ever made. My PS3 I feel a little bit better about, as I've played a couple of good games on it but overall I could live without it. My 360 is the only system I've bought that I continually feel was worth the money.

Anyway, to sum it all up, I agree with SK -- there is no need for a console war or for console exclusive wars. Its stupid and pointless and I'm happy to see third party developers finally realize this. If there are going to be two consoles in the same market it makes perfect sense for third party games to be multiplatform -- it maximizes profit for third parties and benefits both hardware manufacturers that are competing in the space. I think we are going to see a continual movement of pressure being put on first party developers to distinguish their consoles with awesome first party games, rather than dumping all the responsibility on mega developers like Square to keep their (in this case, sinking) ship afloat.
Hey Roan did you hear about bungie going multiplatform??
(Aug. 09, 2008  3:58 AM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Hey Roan did you hear about bungie going multiplatform??

Hey Dranzer206, did you hear that's really old news??
Roan, you think Sony isn't well aware of the dwindling third party support? At last check they owned the most developers in this three company race. Good games take time, which is why Lair probably should have came out earlier this year with the analog patch from the get-go.

(Aug. 09, 2008  4:04 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2008  3:58 AM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Hey Roan did you hear about bungie going multiplatform??

Hey Dranzer206, did you hear that's really old news??

If all of Bungie's upcomming projects are shooters (Which I doubt) then they are a waste of talent anyways. They're not Epic/Pandemic where they hardly venture out of their Shooter hole. Bungie knows how to develop other genres, but they haven't done so in years. I used to think of them as Microsoft's Insominac/Suck Punch/Naughty Dog, in terms of versatility, but it seems that clearly is Rare. Even if Rare has a very dubious track record.
Yea i did not even bother getting Lair because i played it and did not like it at all I was disappointed when that game came out, I personally wish they had waited to lunch the game I think they should have lunched it in the summer.
(Aug. 08, 2008  10:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2008  10:23 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Graphics maybe not but when the wii first came out it sold more than the ps3 and 360 together. So i can only image if the do decide to come out with a wii 2 how much that bad boy is going to sell for. I say if nintendo is more then willing to take the next jump in the console then by all means they should go for it.

just like how the playstation 3 is selling better than the playstation 2, right?

I loled at this post. As long as they keep the same controls as the Wii and add better graphics, it will really sell. Thats how it selled so well in the first place. *The controls and the games being made with the controls.*
It should becuz it was the cheapest and kids loved it.