Final Fantasy XIII Games

(Aug. 09, 2008  9:54 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: It should becuz it was the cheapest and kids loved it.

You realize most of the video game fanbase these days is from teenagers to people in their mid twenties, right? That's one of the reasons the Wii isn't as popularized as something like the Xbox 360. The only games that really appeal to the typical video game demographic that were on the Wii were Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Resident Evil 4, and Super Mario Galaxy. Although what you said about price is true. It's a cheaper alternative to the other two systems, but most would find it more worth it to save up an extra twenty or thirty dollars to buy a used 360.

Raiyu: If Nintendo kept the same graphics and controller, would there really be any point in making a Wii 2?
(Aug. 10, 2008  8:35 PM)Neverender Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2008  9:54 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote: It should becuz it was the cheapest and kids loved it.

You realize most of the video game fanbase these days is from teenagers to people in their mid twenties, right? That's one of the reasons the Wii isn't as popularized as something like the Xbox 360. The only games that really appeal to the typical video game demographic that were on the Wii were Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Resident Evil 4, and Super Mario Galaxy. Although what you said about price is true. It's a cheaper alternative to the other two systems, but most would find it more worth it to save up an extra twenty or thirty dollars to buy a used 360.

Raiyu: If Nintendo kept the same graphics and controller, would there really be any point in making a Wii 2?

I do realize that but have you realize that the wii goes out to kids more than adults and teens, thats what makes the wii go so far and if the did make a wii too they better plan on pulling out all the stops, I feel as if the wii keeps its price and aims it games towards kids more than adult and teens if will sell out the ps3 and 360.

But if they do step it up in there games and aim it towards all ages I can olny image how much it would sell.

it's a marketing tactic; they can dump 3rd party carp games at people at twice the speed
Sad truth is still truth. Now I'll go back to playing Kidz Sports Hockey thank you.
(Aug. 10, 2008  8:44 PM)Dranzer206 Wrote:

I do realize that but have you realize that the wii goes out to kids more than adults and teens, thats what makes the wii go so far and if the did make a wii too they better plan on pulling out all the stops, I feel as if the wii keeps its price and aims it games towards kids more than adult and teens if will sell out the ps3 and 360.

But if they do step it up in there games and aim it towards all ages I can olny image how much it would sell.

....The whole point of that big long speech I made was to say teens-mid-20s play more video games. Kids can't buy video games themselves. That's why Microsoft and Sony aims for the demographic above kids- they CAN buy these things themselves as many have a much more disposable income than their parents, the people children have to rely on to get their toys. Also, Nintendo has attempted several games towards the older audience, but the games usually suck, with the exception of about five or six games.

SK: I lol'd
One good thing (for companies, at least) about Nintendo appealing more towards kids: they're breeding future gamers that Microsoft and Sony can hock more gritty space marine games to.
Yes but Nintendo is creating dead weight by getting my aunt and grandfather to play video games. I sure they're going to rush out a buy a PlayStation 4 on release :rolleyes:
I was talking mostly about kids. They've already done it before in the past (how many people here used to play NES/SNES/Gameboy when they were little? I know I did.)
(Aug. 11, 2008  3:54 AM)Doompenguin Wrote: I was talking mostly about kids. They've already done it before in the past (how many people here used to play NES/SNES/Gameboy when they were little? I know I did.)

But this is completely different though, today button mashing and extremely difficult platformers are for the hardcore. Flinging your arms around while trying to lose your belly on WiiFit isn't.