Final Fantasy XIII Demo.

Honestly if I could marry an inanimate piece of plastic it would the PS2. Until then people will do.
(Apr. 25, 2009  7:09 AM)To Wrote: You make it seem like a FF exclusive to PS3 wouldn't make mega dollars. Here's something for you, the Japanese Blu-Ray release of FF VIII Advent Children sold 100,000 copies within a short period of time. That Blu-Ray just so happened to have this demo for FF XIII.

The announcement of FFXIII on 360 wasn't even done by Square Enix. It was done by Microsoft at their E3 2008 keynote (in before, "Durr FFXIII is only one of the most anticipated games of this gen, why wouldn't they talk about it?", remember this, you don't see Sony doing that for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Tales Of Vesperia, and Bioshock 2). Considering most of the games highlighted in said event were games they paid for (ie, second-party exclusives such as Gears Of War 2) it isn't that far of a stretch. It gets even more suspicous once you start finding out release information about FF XIII, not from Square but from Microsoft (this is in regards to FF XIII launching on 360 in other non-Japan parts of Asia).

And clearly Square thinks the PS3 is a viable platform. Not much needs more to be said then FF VS. XIII.

I probably wouldn't have a problem with them releasing the game on 360. It's the whole delay for NA because of the 360 that is bugging me. Which in itself screams of money being tossed at. "Hi guys, we finished this game we've been working years for PS3 and it will launch exclusively on PS3 in Japan, but in NA and Europe, you can wait until the 360 version is done". Yeah doesn't sound like money was paid to Square at all. Sony probably wrote a cheque for Japan. I can see them doing that.

Good Lord, Square wanting to make more money! That's unthinkable!

Seriously dude Microsoft paid them for the rights to release the English version on their console the same time. The Japanese version got completed first. Why not release it to build up more hype? Stop trying to make it sound like some devious plan was at play to scam the consumers. It's not like Square has the greatest track history with release dates; and it's not like this is the first FF game released in Japan before NA release.
im a huge final fantasy fan, always have been, the game will be great, yes we all know Xii was a failure, but Xiii will be the next milestone for them, I pre-ordered my copy months ago Grin
lmao, and that original video that was posted as een removed due to square enix making copyright claims lol
How on Earth was FF XII a failure?

It received near universally high scores, it sold amazingly well (as of March 2009 the game has sold 5.1 million copies worldwide -- source), and while the fanbase was definitely divided in their opinion of it (some hated it, others loved it), I'd hardly call it a failure.
(Apr. 25, 2009  5:10 PM)Roan Wrote: How on Earth was FF XII a failure?

It received near universally high scores, it sold amazingly well (as of March 2009 the game has sold 5.1 million copies worldwide -- source), and while the fanbase was definitely divided in their opinion of it (some hated it, others loved it), I'd hardly call it a failure.

i didn't like it, therefore,
No, FF12 was no a failure for the reasons Roan said, although I didn't like it doesn't mean millions of over people didn't like it ever.
I thought it was amazing. XII rocks.

also, brad, you played it for like two hours
(Apr. 26, 2009  6:13 AM)Mr. Toto Wrote: I thought it was amazing. XII rocks.

also, brad, you played it for like two hours

five

if a game can't keep me interested after five hours, it's poor game design
(Apr. 26, 2009  6:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: five

if a game can't keep me interested after five hours, it's poor game design

Or it's simply not your type of game.
If I were to go by your way of judging games, then every single game in both the Horror and FPS genre would suffer from terrible game design.
I didn't even play FF12 for an hour and I got bored of it.

I can see FF13 being different though.
(Apr. 18, 2009  6:40 PM)Khel Wrote: Those are a waste. Never by the 360 unless you are getting a HD with it. Missing out on too much then.

I thought they don't even sell those anymore, but the 360 went down in price about 2 months ago anyways. It sucks I bought a 20 gig and now the 40 gig is the same price, or the 80 gig, I forget.
(Apr. 26, 2009  10:42 AM)Kazegami Wrote: Or it's simply not your type of game.
If I were to go by your way of judging games, then every single game in both the Horror and FPS genre would suffer from terrible game design.

except i like RPGs Speechless
(Apr. 29, 2009  5:58 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: I thought they don't even sell those anymore, but the 360 went down in price about 2 months ago anyways. It sucks I bought a 20 gig and now the 40 gig is the same price, or the 80 gig, I forget.

You think you got shafted. I bought the 360 like 5 months after being released and paid a whopping $500 CAD for it. (20 Gig Pro)

Here's to hoping I get to make good use of it again with this and Bioshock 2
(Apr. 29, 2009  6:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: except i like RPGs Speechless

Yes, but FFXII wasn't by any standards your typical Console-RPG. I'd rather consider it a RTS-RPG Mix, with more emphasis on the "Real Time" aspect than some people might be able to accept.
I paid less then $200 for a Used 20GB 360 from a friend. It was a RROD victim though, so I'm a tad afraid, but from what I hear, you'd actually have to play the thing for it to RROD, or have the video card carp out on you or something.
(Apr. 29, 2009  2:23 PM)Kazegami Wrote: Yes, but FFXII wasn't by any standards your typical Console-RPG. I'd rather consider it a RTS-RPG Mix, with more emphasis on the "Real Time" aspect than some people might be able to accept.

My displeasure had little to do with the battle system, which was fine (though gambits were lame), the pacing was just way too slow.