World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. (/Thread-Final-Fantasy-XIII-Demo)

Pages: 1 2 3

Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Zander Soulwind - Apr. 15, 2009

I just got this from my next door neighbour and thought I would make a new refreshing thread for it but if I am wrong to do so then just close this.

My next door neighbour told me that the demo alone is over 2 hours long which is crazy. The graphics are unbelievable, there isn't really any difference between the videos and game play which is great. The rest of the stuff i am sure you already know about. Here is the video he gave me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zySU8m15mFg&feature=channel_page

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Roan - Apr. 15, 2009

This definitely belongs in the gaming forum.

I was just about to post this though:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/15/so-you-want-to-see-final-fantasy-xiii-in-action/

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Khel - Apr. 15, 2009

Wow, this game will actually be released!? Unbelievable XD

Either way moving this to games

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Zander Soulwind - Apr. 15, 2009

Oops, i thought I did, Lol, sorry about that.

I'm just glad it is not like FF12 though it is said that they are doing another one FF13 with that kind of fighting but it is being done by the people that did KH so it would be better.
(Apr. 15, 2009  6:13 PM)Roan Wrote: This definitely belongs in the gaming forum.

I was just about to post this though:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/15/so-you-want-to-see-final-fantasy-xiii-in-action/

Lol, that might be a better place to look at as well.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - TheUnkownGod - Apr. 18, 2009

The Demo was pretty exciting, I can't wait for this to come to the USA!

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Bey Brad - Apr. 18, 2009

Looks like a big step above recent entries, which have IMO been lackluster. Hoping this brings the energy back to the series.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Blue - Apr. 18, 2009

I totally dig the art direction, cool scifi stylings, character designs. the train is sweet carp too
but i have yet to finish either FF7 or 8 despite being more than halfway done... hahaha

Square had been said they plan to make full use of ps3 hardware so I wonder if any compremises will be made for the sake of both platforms.
Im pumped up! LOL

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Roan - Apr. 18, 2009

I'm honestly really looking forward to this game, which is saying something because I've lost all interest in FF since VII.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Khel - Apr. 18, 2009

This will actually be the first Final Fantasy for the console I would have ever played. (Yes I have never played VII :\ ) Thank god they are releasing this on the 360!

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Pich - Apr. 18, 2009

Oooh, I'm gonna check this out. Looks much nicer than the last few Final Fantasy games.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - DUKER09 - Apr. 18, 2009

WOW thats cool!!

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Zander Soulwind - Apr. 18, 2009

(Apr. 18, 2009  3:56 AM)Khel Wrote: This will actually be the first Final Fantasy for the console I would have ever played. (Yes I have never played VII :\ )

I haven't played the FF game from 1-8 so we are pretty much in the same boat there. I have played 9 and 10, FF9 was awesome while FF10 was ok but could have done better.

So far I like the guy with the baby chocobo on his head which is more like a nest.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Kazegami - Apr. 18, 2009

Is it just me, or is the video quality downright terrible?
The video seems pretty jerky, plus it's somewhat grainy...

EDIT: おいおい、何だ?
Is this demo for PC? Seeing how this guy saved pictures sometimes.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - To - Apr. 18, 2009

The demo is for PS3. It's from the Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray release in Japan (I don't know if Sony has said that the US release will have the demo). And IIRC with Life With PlayStation you're able to take snapshots in game, and even record directly from your PS3 directly to Youtube. Although I'm not even sure if Sony has implemented that feature yet.

(Apr. 18, 2009  12:33 PM)Kazegami Wrote: Is it just me, or is the video quality downright terrible?
The video seems pretty jerky, plus it's somewhat grainy...

EDIT: おいおい、何だ?
Is this demo for PC? Seeing how this guy saved pictures sometimes.

He is doing it on a PC so that might be the reason and also, putting it on youtube might have messed it up a little bit and when you make a video to long it goes like that as well but 9 minutes is not long so that might not be the problem. I'm going to go with that his PC isn't powerful enough for it.

(Apr. 18, 2009  1:10 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: He is doing it on a PC so that might be the reason and also, putting it on youtube might have messed it up a little bit and when you make a video to long it goes like that as well but 9 minutes is not long so that might not be the problem. I'm going to go with that his PC isn't powerful enough for it.

Okay, that leaves the question:
How did he play it on PC? We're an eternity away from having a PS3 Emulator.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - MuchWow - Apr. 18, 2009

maybe there is a pc version?

(Apr. 18, 2009  1:51 PM)Kazegami Wrote: Okay, that leaves the question:
How did he play it on PC? We're an eternity away from having a PS3 Emulator.

I can't answer that one, but if the person is smart then maybe they can do something or there is a PC Demo for it.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Werkbau - Apr. 18, 2009

I remember somewhere, it was mentioned that he played it on PS3, and connects the PS3 to the PC.And using some kind of video recording software I guess.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - To - Apr. 18, 2009

A Capture Card. It isn't exactly the newest of technology.

You know what, I completely forgot about that. That is also another way it could be done or the only way for that matter.

And here I was hoping for a way to play the demo without a PS3...
Way to burst my bubble.

RE: Final Fantasy XIII Demo. - Lance Perfora - Apr. 18, 2009

That was win P:

(Apr. 18, 2009  2:24 PM)Kazegami Wrote: And here I was hoping for a way to play the demo without a PS3...
Way to burst my bubble.

They might have done a demo for the 360.

Not much better.
My only console is a Wii.
I couldn't then nor can I now afford the "better" (in terms of graphics) consoles.