Feb-26-2022 Shin LA Burst GT format Tournament Report

BGT Format
Unranked
3v3 for first stage

- The tournament originally was going to be a Swiss format, which I preferred over group round robin since it’s unexpected who you’ll be playing and 8 people go to the finals instead of 2 from each group. Unfortunately, 1 Blader ended up not being able to participate having arrived about 15 minutes late and the tournament had already begun, so it was Group Round Robin

-There were 2 stadiums, Group A playing in Stadium 1 and Group B playing in stadium 2 for the most part. We had 3 judges but sometimes 2 judges had a match at the same time and Shindog was also busy updating the brackets and such, so the tournament’s first stage lasted until about 4:00. Fine by me personally, I enjoy blading for more time instead of shorter time. 

-My aunt ended up taking me so for anyone who was at the tournament you probably noticed a 6 year old with me near the benches, that was my little cousin and I had fun battling with him in between matches and in the mini-park after the tournaments first stage ended

-My first opponent was Openyourheart and I forget what happened but I recall my judgement dragon blitz quick’ Goku getting knocked out before his prime apocalypse vangaurd bearing, and I believe the score ended 3-1 with him winning. In the last round before the re-shuffle my bey had landed weakly, and the judge reminded me after that I could call a re-launch. 

-Primeburst, the judge from the first round, had a good sense of humor and really made sure all the bladers were ready with their equipment and such. He was really nice person to be around during battles. 

-I forget the order of my next opponents but I won the next 2 rounds with sticking with a solid deck throughout, and switching some stuff based on what I’d seen my opponents use before. I switched switching my imperial layer on mobius to Perfect Genesis on mobius due to burst resistance. I switched judgement to my Glide Lucifer2 0 cross Xt+(Worn) 1S and stuck with my Lord Diabolos 0 wall bearing’ (worn). I felt confident with judgement beforehand, but after that round where it hit the pocket before apocalypse I was scared to use it. 

-My 4th opponent was Mitchjett and he had a pretty hard deck to decide what to use against. I had tested master around drift before the tournament and my drift was pretty worn so it only stayed in the center half the time, I had tested perfect Genesis on drift though and it had recoil but seemed stable enough. I went with that along with lord Diabolos(left) and glide. I probably should have stuck with paradox mobius on Perfect Genesis as that would have enough LAD to beat Mitchjett’s Master Diabolos Wh(H) Xt+ and Tact Spriggan Hybrid Goku anyway, as well as it’s ridge riding technique being able to potentially KO his Pefect Pheonix Ig’ which also rode the ridge a bit. I KO’d his Pheonix anyway with Genesis in the first round, and lost to his tact by OS with my lord. Score was 1-1 and he had his Left Master Diabolos Wh(H) Xt+, I had my Glide Lucifer2 0cross Xt+(worn) 1S. There were 2 ties, but I eventually won. This was, I believe, due to me having cross and him having Wheel hasbro as well as my Xtend plus being a bit more flat then his due to wear. We re-shuffled and I went with glide for the first pick, he went with master. Same result. I had won 3-1. 

-I experienced my last victory against Plinkplink, who used hasbro most of the time. My record was 4-1 and I felt good about going to the finals. Little did I know I would come close, but wouldn’t come close enough… 

-I faced LordGrim and felt confident against him, I switched my glide to Naked Longinus Hybrid Sen since I knew he had master around Xt+ which 8 assumed would make Xt+ scrape, and he also had lord vanguard bearing which naked stood a good chance against as well in either spin. In the first round my lord went up against his lord in opposite spin. In the first battle we didn’t record, but I swear I thought I saw mine spin a bit more than his. I decided not to say anything though since we didn’t record it. We recorded the next 2 battles and his lord won. I had my glide and he had his judgment Valkryie blitz destroy’, I got KO’d. Last was a matchup I thought I had in the bag, but naked lost against his master around Xt+(left). In my testing naked on hybrid did very well against leftspin stamina opponents and had good LAD against them in right as well. His master was very balanced and my naked couldn’t destabilize it. Guess I underestimated the around disc haha. I was 4-2 now, and LordGrim was 5-1 and Mitchjett was 6-1. I thought before that if I won against LordGrim I’d also have a tiebreaker advantage against Mitchjett having won against him, but he had more wins that I did now and so did LordGrim. I had no chance of making it to the finals now being number 3 in my group and having 2 losses.

-My final opponent was Eddiehh who I had beaten in the finals of the previous Burst Classic 3v3 tournament. He had Zwei on reboot’ which was unexpected as he used reboot’ wich judgement most of the time. I went with my lord Diabolos (left for the first round assuming he ‘d go with judgement first as he usually did when I saw. He surprised me with Zwei but I managed to OS him barely. He then had Master Diabolos 00 turn hxt+’ and I had my perfect Genesis paradox mobius. Easy win by LAD. I had glide in the last round and he had revive Pheonix on hybrid, my glide went to the ridges a bit to much and Pheonix knocked it out I believe. In the re-shuffle we went with the same order. With the score being 2-1 in my favor and my lord having already beaten his Zwei, I felt I had a good chance at winning. But I was wrong. It was 2-2 when his Zwei outspun me and I forget the last battle but he won. Looks like you got the revenge you were looking for Eddiehh! But mark my words I’ll get you next time! 

-After the first stage Shindog did a very nice thing and had a BeybladeBurstQuadDrive set in a raffle. I don’t play with hasbro that much but 8 furred I might as well participate. He had everyone choose a number 1-20. I chose 7… and the number was 7! I hasn’t gotten to far in the tournament, but the fun I had and the raffle gift was worth it. Thankyou Shindog! 

-Shindog called me over after the first stage and mentioned that me and him were the only ones who used Superking blades. He mentioned Abyss didn’t do to well for him, I think he said it bursted? Because I remember saying “I had Lucifer 2 on my glide so I didn’t really have to worry about that”. He also used Curse Solomon Ig’ in one round but I forget what he said about that. I mentioned that glide did OK for me. It did well same spin but I feel like I could’ve used it better. 

-I ended up number 3 in my group, so that means I got either 5th or 6th place. Not bad overall, though I feel like I could’ve made it to finals if I’d played a bit better 

Overall this was a very fun tournament and BGT was very fun to try out.  Let’s hope for more BGT to come, and thanks to everyone at the tournament for a great time!