Farewell Castle Tournament Saturday October 4th (Read First Post, Raindate Oct 5th)

I am incredibly disappointed in the Beyblade community right now. I spoke with Anubis and nobody showed up, nor did anyone call to cancel.

It's carp like this that stops the Beyblade community from moving forward, when a bunch of teenagers can't even meet in the same place at the same time or at least even call to say what's going on! You've let both Evan and me down and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
I share the same sentiments as Brad. I too am incredibly disappointed with the Beyblade community right now.

The least you guys could have done was give Anubis a call or even post in this thread to say you wouldn't be able to make it.
I waited for three hours at the castle. My friend Clair was there, though. I picked her up from Penn Station. Had she not been there, it would have been a very depressing day for me. Also I'm sick and that didn't make it any easier to lug pounds of Beyblade carp around all day for no reason.
This shouldn't need to be said, but if you make a commitment to something, follow through with it.

It's really ridiculous that this happened.
There is an area right below the castle that overlooks the Shakespeare Garden near the Swedish Marionette Theatre. You can access it by going down the side stairs on the castle and following the path forward, then going down the stairs straight ahead that wrap around a center garden of greens. I wish to hold future tournaments here, if I ever want to again after this experience.

[Image: DSC01699.jpg]

[Image: DSC01708.jpg]

[Image: DSC01717.jpg]

[Image: DSC01729.jpg]

[Image: DSC01721.jpg]

[Image: DSC01718.jpg]

Central park is great for photos. Look what you missed. This is perfect for a tournament. It isn't some carp bench in New Jersey. It's scenic, fun, there's people. Mrah. I'm just so disappointed right now.
Those pictures are lovely, Evan. What a great place to have an event. I can't believe nobody went.
Aw, this really sucks. I can't believe nobody would show up without notifying you. It looks so nice there as well, I would have definitely attended if I lived anywhere near the area.
Damn, I'm dissappointed. I can't believe nobody showed up for this. If I lived closer I would have definitely come. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.
itt guiltin bladers
You no-shows should be very ashamed of yourselves.
I do not know whether or not I want to run another one of these tournaments. I really want it to happen, but this time I thought seven more people would be there and only one was. And nobody even called me so I didn't have to wait for three hours in case anyone showed up.

Seriously. I'll run another one if Maz and Bluezee say they will come for sure. And I want to exchange numbers with everyone so I can call and piss at you if you aren't there.
I am very upset by this and we are taking this matter very seriously. If this ever occurs again, there will be severe consequences for every single user involved.
I just read what happened now. I'm sorry to hear that nobody showed up. It's rather disappointing Uncertain
I think even just a simple post would have been excusable, but nothing?
aww man that sucks. :[ i wish i could have gone... damn this hurts making beyblade grow as well as wasting anubis' time...
Damn man. Sorry to hear that this happened. Who said they were going but didnt show up? Dont give up on these tournaments. I am sure they will work eventually.
That's horrible... Just the fact that you had to drag ALL of that around in hopes of being able to show it to fellow bladers, and yet none of them have the decency to even call and inform you that they can't arrive is just...Disheartening...

I mean seriously... What the carp? Why even RSVP? What the hell is the goddamn point of giving him your WORD when you're not even gonna follow through with it?

A note to all of the entrants, you've lost all respect from me. The only way you could possibly redeem yourselves is by filling up a few luggages of Beyblade parts, hosting a follow-up tourney in the same location, inviting Anubis, and bakin' him a mutha carp' cake. Or bring him a TheraFlu at the very least, the guy's sick!
sorry...i know i said in advance i couldnt go so im in the clear in a way..as for the tourneys, keep hosting...im feelin better now and ill be able to travel more often knowing what i am to look for since i have new allergies...as for every1 else who said they would come and didnt and on top of that didnt give notice sayin you couldnt go, u guys are wrong..this is why the next tourney that comes up(if we are lucky enough for anubis to host another one), everyone is REQUIRED TO GIVE THEIR NUMBERS..so why dont we get that part out of the way and make that a requirement for all tournaments so everything can be settled b4 any planning is made..sound fair?
Next time your gonna run the tournament you should keep annoying everyone who said they were attending by pming them. Thats what I did for BotB and it worked.
I don't think it's my responsibility to send out PMs like crazy. I sent out PMs to every NY and NJ blader that I knew of to inform them of the tournament and Rockblade got my number. Two other attendees depended on him and he didn't show up, post, or call me. I called my friend from the castle and had him look at the topic to see if anyone had posted and nobody had.

Look, I'll probably do this if Maz and Bluezee say they'll show up because I'm pretty sure they actually will if they say they will.

But I want to stop railing on people now. I think we have said enough to make them feel bad. It is time to move on.

I will run another one. Maz, Bluezee, you tell me what weekends you think you can make it into the park. The only time I'll be unavailable is the weekend of the 17th, as I'll be attending FurFright, a Halloween furry con in CT.
My mom just came out of no where with a camping trip. Anubis I deeply apologize, it was very rude of me not to even call. Please don't stop hosting tournaments. I begged and pleaded to my mom to let me go, I've been testing so many combos it was very disappointing not to go. My friend was also very upset. Please host another tournament soon. Again I apologize

(EDIT BY ADMINISTRATOR - Don't post your phone number publicly!)
Awww Anubis! I'm sorry! I just read what happened... I feel veeeeeery disappointed.

I would have gone if I could, but sadly, I live in Texas...
I just really need to know if people can make it any weekends in this month. I want to run another, but I will need everyone's number. If you guys want me to run another tournament, then post here and participate. PM me with your number and I will give you mine. I need contact information. I need people to tell me when they can make a tournament day for sure.

Do you people want to play this game or not? Not just play it, but play it somewhere beautiful and public where we can really shine. We want Beyblade to grow. Playing in Central Park will allow us to draw attention to ourselves and draw interest. People will want to watch. People around my age who used to be into it will be interested to watch people like us playing.

Seriously. Do it. Who is with me?
i think if we can get in contact with Maz, we can make a date..im pretty much good for lots of dates..i just need to know which ones so i can ask my mom..she wont wanna drive there so if anything, i will have to take a bus so lets see what we can do..but im down
PM me with your number jesus