Poll: Are you attending?

Yes
71.43%
No
0%
Possibly
28.57%
Total: 100% 7 vote(s)
Sorry folks, due to time and other things going on, I will not be able to run this event.

So before I made this a thread to gather people on this forum who plan to attend FanExpo and see if they were interested in in meeting up, having fun, and overall, hang out and meet others from this forum. However, we need ideas for fun stuff we can do as a group. As well as a good place to meet up at the con.

Anyway, so far for the people attending:
Gadget
Khel
Minion
Jamie

From Cosplay.com:
Rockout

Possibly:
Spinster
Kei
asterik93

Events and Fun:
Free Battles (Does not count towards Beypoints)
Lunch
Dealers room break (You've met up with others who enjoy similar things by now, why not go shopping and have some fun? Never know if you'll come across Beyblade stuff in the dealer's room!)
Tournament (Format gets voted on there, possibly open format to be fair to those without MFBs)
Hey, this is in Toronto ... I bet the Toronto group would be up for this.
Yeah, I'm thinking of maybe setting up a group to combine with this one at cosplay.com, just wanna know if anyone here is interested and what day would be good.
Does the WBO have something like the Toronto group? :p
Brad meant all our members that are from/near Toronto. We have quite a few.
(Jun. 07, 2009  7:33 PM)Kappa Wrote: Does the WBO have something like the Toronto group? :p

I highly doubt there wouldn't be one. I mean look at the Beyblade War Room, there's gotta be others from the Toronto area who helped out. Seriously, I wouldn't wanna make Brad do all the work. I'd feel like a jerk.

Also, while looking through a box of old stuff I found my HMS Beyblade of Stratadragoon. So I'm able to play again! =D
I remember looking at this ages ago and thinking about it. I then completely forgot about it.

Not sure how we would do this, do we need permission etc.

But if I'm up for meeting any of you guys sure I could do a Saturday and free battles would be nice.
It wouldn't be an official event, just a meet-up like a photoshoot, ya know, to hang out and stuff. Not a tournament, just meet new people and have fun. Anyway, for this kind of thing you don't need permission unless you want to schedule an event or something on short notice in the gaming room. They'd probably say no, and I doubt Brad has the money to get over here for a big official event.
-Is Excited- Oh this could fit into my schedule! I will check with other FWBs

I wouldn't be able to go then. Unhappy
(Jun. 07, 2009  11:41 PM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: -Is Excited- Oh this could fit into my schedule! I will check with other FWBs

I wouldn't be able to go then. Unhappy

Awww...that sucks. Well, hopefully you'll make it to the next Beyblade War Room at Anime North.
Are you sure your date is correct? That link says otherwise......
Yeah, I'm a tad confused with the date as well.
It was my fault, I put the wrong date in the title.
I never even noticed Brad did that..
Hmm... I'm applying for my passport later this month. If it comes in time (which, as I understand it, is fairly unlikely), I might be up for this.
If many people show some interest, I'll definitely be there.
hm, so I take we might actually turn this into a real event?
Huh... this is a comic book convention, too... Suddenly my interest has jumped up quite a bit
Yep, Comic Book convention, anime convention, gaming convention, sci-fi conventi- you get the point by now, it's an EVERYTHING convention pretty much.
By gaming, do they mean video games or ACTUAL gaming?
(Jun. 08, 2009  4:27 PM)Spinster Wrote: By gaming, do they mean video games or ACTUAL gaming?

shut up
Tee hee.

Actually, reading that, it comes off a bit more condescending than I intended. I simply meant to ask if it covered just video games or all aspects of gaming (tabletop, miniatures, LARPing, card gaming, video games, etc.).
It covers all aspects of gaming.
FanEx is THE convention in Toronto, it's got everything. Anime, manga, comics, western cartoons, videogames, web comics, horror, science fiction, cosplay, arcade games, role playing, table top games, miniatures, cards... It's a little bit of everything all bundled up into one awesome weekend Grin

I'll be there! I'm always up for hanging out :3
(Jun. 10, 2009  5:17 PM)Minion Wrote: FanEx is THE convention in Toronto, it's got everything. Anime, manga, comics, western cartoons, videogames, web comics, horror, science fiction, cosplay, arcade games, role playing, table top games, miniatures, cards... It's a little bit of everything all bundled up into one awesome weekend Grin

I'll be there! I'm always up for hanging out :3

Not to mention many toy-dealers and import dealers, it's hard NOT to find Beyblade stuff there at times (Never bought any though since at the times I've been there, I've had tons already and THOUGHT they were safe in the garage until recently)